It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU tried to sell me on this pretty hard yesterday. I say not really. Or if it does, it won't matter. They'll suck for quite awhile.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
No.

Nothing will put pressure on them.

They should move.

Fuck this moribund franchise .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I mean I guess I don't want them to move but that's correct.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:29 am 

Don't worry. Sox will sign Curtis Granderson this off-season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
They don't give a shit. Apart from Reinsdorf's "loyal" buddies, it's a business and he doesn't give a shit.

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Don't worry. Sox will sign Curtis Granderson this off-season.

I hope you are horribly maimed.

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Rizzo and Bryant will become Sox when each hits 34 or so.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 am 

Sox attendance is guaranteed by the State of Illinois until almost 2030. No pressure on JR.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Sox aren't as far away as it seems. The difference between the Sox and Cubs isn't in the core guys. The tandems of Eaton/Abreu and Rizzo/Bryant should each give you somewhere around 10 WAR between them. The difference is in free agent spending. The Sox signed Jackson, Lawrie, and Latos while the Cubs got Fowler, Zobrist, and Lester.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox aren't as far away as it seems. The difference between the Sox and Cubs isn't in the core guys. The tandems of Eaton/Abreu and Rizzo/Bryant should each give you somewhere around 10 WAR between them. The difference is in free agent spending. The Sox signed Jackson, Lawrie, and Latos while the Cubs got Fowler, Zobrist, and Lester.

I'm sorry you're poor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Sox will sign Fowler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Sox will sign Fowler

At age 38.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Sox will sign Fowler

At age 38.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am going to have to agree.

Look at what the Sox have ready or close to ready in the farm system. Last years 2nd, 1st rd pick is probably going to be the setup man. Their 2nd round pick might be ready half way through the year. The catcher (1st 1st rd pick) might be a year away, which means he will be on the opening day roster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 am 

People forget for part of the season the Sox were better than the Cubs, and the Sox also won the BP Cup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
People forget for part of the season the Sox were better than the Cubs, and the Sox also won the BP Cup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I really hope the Sox can bounce back and take a lesson from the Cubs and Blackhawks organizations.

They should try to hire John McDonough from the Hawks and turn him loose on the Sox and Bulls.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Godfella wrote:
I really hope the Sox can bounce back and take a lesson from the Cubs and Blackhawks organizations.

They should try to hire John McDonough from the Hawks and turn him loose on the Sox and Bulls.

The cry from Sox fans to "blow it up" is silly. The only reason to do a radical rebuild is to get good, young, cheap, cost-controlled players. The Sox already have those guys. Now you have to make the right moves to complement them. Don't go cheap on Lawries and Latoses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

201(6)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

The cry from Sox fans to "blow it up" is silly. The only reason to do a radical rebuild is to get good, young, cheap, cost-controlled players. The Sox already have those guys. Now you have to make the right moves to complement them. Don't go cheap on Lawries and Latoses.

I think they still have the 2005 shopping mentality. They hit home runs shopping in the bargain bin and they believe they're smart enough to do it again. Problem is they tend to overpay for guys that are near of their careers.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Agreed. The pieces seem to be there just waiting for the right person/process to facilitate it. Sure, there are a few more things to add but you can build on existing talent - IMO. I still can't believe with the talent the Sox have had the past couple of years that they weren't more successful. I hope for a great 2017 from Ricky and the boys.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

I don't think the current front office has the mentality that they need to form the players they have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am 

Nas wrote:
Problem is they tend to overpay for guys that are near of their careers.

Big problem. Jerry has done this for years and I never got it. It's like he's a big kid collecting live baseball cards of legends... Seaver, Carlton, Ramirez, Griffey, Jr, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Godfella wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Agreed. The pieces seem to be there just waiting for the right person/process to facilitate it. Sure, there are a few more things to add but you can build on existing talent - IMO. I still can't believe with the talent the Sox have had the past couple of years that they weren't more successful. I hope for a great 2017 from Ricky and the boys.

There's nothing really wrong with the Sox players. There's something wrong with how they fit together. If I look at the '04 White Sox and the '05 White Sox player for player, you could never get me to say the '05 team was better, but they clearly were. It's a funny game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I rooted for the White Sox in 2005. Partially because i hate the Astros with the fire of a thousand suns, partially because I have friends and family who are devoted White Sox fans and I wanted them to be happy. But partially because I thought the Tribune would be forced to do something.

It almost worked, but the Cub 2007 and 2008 teams were flawed even though they were very good from all the extra spending. Then Sam Zell melted, the guy I didn't want as owner got the team (I wanted Mark Cuban), and we all sat around and waited and many of us worried that he was more into profit than winning. And we were wrong.

The difference is that the Tribune decided to sell the Cubs (mostly due to other financial pressures, it was their best asset), while Reinsdorf has no intention on selling. He's going to become a cheap version of the the Tigers' Mike Illich. And that's not promising. I felt like the White Sox were really hampered by the David Wilder fiasco, and more so because it played to Kenny Williams' weaknesses.

I don't get the sense that Jerry is going to invest in scouting the way Ricketts did, because he doesn't see it as being profitable in the long run and every rebuilding year is a year he might die. Sadly, the White Sox right now are like the Blackhawks in the Dale Tallon era, just sitting around and trying to compete while waiting for the owner to die.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

There's nothing really wrong with the Sox players. There's something wrong with how they fit together. If I look at the '04 White Sox and the '05 White Sox player for player, you could never get me to say the '05 team was better, but they clearly were. It's a funny game.

Noting that, it does seem that the lack of continuity, cohesion and teamwork had always seemed to be missing in the most recent years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Sox almost won the WS in JORR's mind. :lol:

They're almost as good!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Sox almost won the WS in JORR's mind. :lol:

They're almost as good!

:lol: I didn't say that. There's a gigantic difference between Zobrist/Fowler/Lester and Lawrie/Jackson/Latos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Godfella wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Noting that, it does seem that the lack of continuity, cohesion and teamwork had always seemed to be missing in the most recent years.

Ventura sucked.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU