It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I get it.

The Kenny Williams philosophy was/is simple. Hit HomeRuns!

Clashed with Ozzie, who wanted to play NL ball
Clashes with Hahn, who pretty much wants to rebuild the minor leagues.

Kenny constantly tries to draft himself, as if he doesn't realize he was a big league bust. He has this idea that if a guy is an "athlete" he can learn to hit. It just doesn't work that way. Hitting a baseball is the most difficult feat in sports. It would be easier to "teach" Konerko to run as fast as Rajai Davis than it is to teach Courtney Hawkins to recognize a strike.

I've said the same thing. Kenny wants guys who were like him.

I do not find the White Sox systems as dreadful as some. Burdi has a great arm. Hansen looked like a top pick, and the Sox have helped with his control problems.

There was a new philosophy of drafting a player with the skill of getting on base, which is a new approach. I

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I get it.

Kenny constantly tries to draft himself, as if he doesn't realize he was a big league bust. He has this idea that if a guy is an "athlete" he can learn to hit. It just doesn't work that way. Hitting a baseball is the most difficult feat in sports. It would be easier to "teach" Konerko to run as fast as Rajai Davis than it is to teach Courtney Hawkins to recognize a strike.

I do not find the White Sox systems as dreadful as some. Burdi has a great arm. Hansen looked like a top pick, and the Sox have helped with his control problems.

There was a new philosophy of drafting a player with the skill of getting on base, which is a new approach. I

The system is getting better. Like I said before, I thought this past draft was a solid top 3 picks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
This draft class looks very solid so far. If they do that 3-4 years in a row, they could be like a normal team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:08 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
This draft class looks very solid so far. If they do that 3-4 years in a row, they could be like a normal team.

I would assume, drafting top 10 3-4yrs in a row does that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
i'm not referring to Collins, though he should be OK.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The 2016 draft does seem to be a pretty good one, but there are almost no circumstances where you want to see your top 10 be half guys that were drafted a few months ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I get it.

The one thing the Sox have done well, is that when that obvious pitcher has fallen to them (Sale, Rodon), they have simply taken him rather than trying to get cute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:28 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I would assume, drafting top 10 3-4yrs in a row does that.

The second round pick looks like the best player of them all and the steal of the draft from what I have heard from people who seem to watch these things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:37 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I get it.

The one thing the Sox have done well, is that when that obvious pitcher has fallen to them (Sale, Rodon), they have simply taken him rather than trying to get cute.

I love that kind of drafting. That is what made the Red Sox what they are. Scoop up value when it falls to you, irrespective of tangential concerns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The second round pick looks like the best player of them all and the steal of the draft from what I have heard from people who seem to watch these things.

Slow your roll, Cochise. He's a college pitcher who dominated the lowest levels of the minor leagues. That's what he should do. It was a nice debut but he has a long way to go and he still profiles long term as a reliever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:40 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Slow your roll, Cochise. He's a college pitcher who dominated the lowest levels of the minor leagues. That's what he should do. It was a nice debut but he has a long way to go and he still profiles long term as a reliever.

I heard that he was supposed to be top 10 pitcher, but because of control, dropped.