It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 13s14 seconds ago
Rumor on the hot stove is the #Dodgers and #WhiteSox are discussing Sale & Frazier in a package deal to LA for a big prospect return

This guy has a good history. To me the Dodgers present a weak group in a Sale unless the Sox are getting Urias, De Leon, Bellinger +++ (big plus plus plus). If I'm trading Sale I want a stud position player with some big league bonafides, that means Benintendi, Bregman or Sanchez...Dodgers cant offer that unless they include Seager or Joc (impossible).

Either way, let the games begin!

Last edited by America on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigitos
Great title!!!!!!!!!........lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:39 pm 

They will probably get back Puig.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:44 pm 

I dont see the Dodgers having what it takes to get Sale unless they include Seager in the discussion

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
conns7901 wrote:
They will probably get back Puig.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Dodgers would give up Joc without question to get back Sale.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Of course they would. He fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:30 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

Yea but then the rest of the package is underwhelming.

I've never been a huge fan of what the Dodgers could offer. If the Sox can fleece them sure, it'd be great, but I dont think the Dodgers are going to sell out to get Sale only to find they neutered the rest of their team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 am 

According to Nightengale the Nationals are asking too, have to imagine the price for them starts with Turner, Giolito and Robles.

This is the moment the Sox were waiting for with Sale, as more teams become interest the price is going to rise. Now the key is trying to lure the Red Sox or Yankees into discussions, and then get one of them hooked on the idea of Sale. They are inching closer to the Benintendi, Swihart, Devers, Kopech, Travis (or whatever comparable return) haul that reinvents the franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
According to Nightengale the Nationals are asking too, have to imagine the price for them starts with Turner, Giolito and Robles.

This is the moment the Sox were waiting for with Sale, as more teams become interest the price is going to rise. Now the key is trying to lure the Red Sox or Yankees into discussions, and then get one of them hooked on the idea of Sale. They are inching closer to the Benintendi, Swihart, Devers, Kopech, Travis (or whatever comparable return) haul that reinvents the franchise.

I can not say I am literate with other teams farm systems, I would assume RedSox/Yanks #1-#2 ish? I would want to know what the drop off is, of the next NL team. The last thing I wanna do, is keep Sale in the AL to terrorize the Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frazier? Nah, they could resign Turner cheaper or for the same price and he's much better..I think LA could package up a bundle for Sale but they ain't interested in Todd Frazier.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:28 am 

Turner rejected a $17.6m QO. Frazier is going to be cheap in 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:30 am 

America wrote:

One is a power hitter and one is not. $17.6mill for what?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 am 

Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

One is a power hitter and one is not. $17.6mill for what?

1 year $17.6 million. That's a lot of change for one season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

I can not say I am literate with other teams farm systems, I would assume RedSox/Yanks #1-#2 ish? I would want to know what the drop off is, of the next NL team. The last thing I wanna do, is keep Sale in the AL to terrorize the Sox.

LA's got a good system

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:45 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

LA's got a good system

Is it better than what the Yanks just got or what the Sawks have?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:52 pm 

Dodgers actually have a better farm system than the Red Sox, its just the Red Sox have better MLB-level pieces to give up that aren't going to be impossible (Seager), overrated (Pederson) or redundant (Urias). I'd rather have Swihart and Benintendi than Pederson or Urias, and I think the Red Sox would throw MORE onto a Swihart/Benintendi deal than the Dodgers would onto an Urias deal. Dodgers probably aren't willing to give up Urias, De Leon, Bellinger, Buehler, Verdugo, whereas the Red Sox may be open to that deal I mentiond earlier.

The Braves and Nationals are jumping into the fray now too. So that means you have Dansy Swanson and Trea Turner being talked about. Turner, Giolito, Robles is a really nice place to start.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Cashman wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

LA's got a good system

Is it better than what the Yanks just got or what the Sawks have?

Probably--though the Yankees obviously improved theirs midseason. I think the Dodgers and Red Sox are both pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
America wrote:
Dodgers actually have a better farm system than the Red Sox, its just the Red Sox have better MLB-level pieces to give up that aren't going to be impossible (Seager), overrated (Pederson) or redundant (Urias). I'd rather have Swihart and Benintendi than Pederson or Urias, and I think the Red Sox would throw MORE onto a Swihart/Benintendi deal than the Dodgers would onto an Urias deal.

Don't they have that guy already?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:38 am 

denisdman wrote:
America wrote:
Dodgers actually have a better farm system than the Red Sox, its just the Red Sox have better MLB-level pieces to give up that aren't going to be impossible (Seager), overrated (Pederson) or redundant (Urias). I'd rather have Swihart and Benintendi than Pederson or Urias, and I think the Red Sox would throw MORE onto a Swihart/Benintendi deal than the Dodgers would onto an Urias deal.

Don't they have that guy already?

Hey....I'm over here