It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You cant even pretend to be smart.

Paints just fine (as long as it's the color white).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Calma. Calma.

Sox trade Gonna need arm surgery guy who plays in 30 games a year for Best Prospect In World who will play 158 games a year.
And! they get moar players inna deal. ShamWow!

Now sell the fucking team.

#havana

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I said rebuilding was the right thing for the Cubs, even if that meant enduring a few tough years. Fortunately, the Cubs had a great front office that made great trades for guys like Arrieta, Russell, Rizzo, Hendricks, Fowler and Montero, while drafting Almora, Bryant, Schwarber and developing guys like Contreras and Baez, who were already in the system. Then signing a few key free agents like Lester. The rebuilding was the right thing to do.
I said before the 2015 season that Bryant would be Rookie of the year.....he was Also said we had only seen the tip of the iceberg with Bryant before last season and correctly predicted that he would win an MVP award. Which of course he did already.
I said before 2015 that they would be a winning team, contend for a playoff spot, but it was a year early. They got the playoff spot, but it was a year early.
I said they would win over 100 games and win their division in 2016 and begin a stretch of years where they would truly contend for the title. They did win their division, over 100 games and the World Series.

I don't pretend, I accurately assess teams and make educated judgments. I also said when the Sox were sailing early this past season that they were pretenders, not contenders and that proved accurate as well. Case closed bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Elmhurst turd is a burrito why would he pretend to be smart. I think the Sox made a good deal. Best that they could do at this juncture. Building for the future is a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm 

"Oh, I forgot to mention he also stole 94 bases in the past two seasons, and he’s a switch hitter. His offensive potential is sky high, and for all this he was named Baseball America’s Minor League Player of the Year."

http://www.southsidesox.com/2016/12/6/1 ... e-and-diaz

#kopek
#che

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm 

Habana White Sox. "Los Blancos"!

#inevitable
#raul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Sale turned out to be worthless. No rings. Not to go all Bernstein, but no rings.

This is a really awful thought

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:10 pm 

Did they get as much as Atlanta got for Shelby Miller?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Nas wrote:
Sale turned out to be worthless. No rings. Not to go all Bernstein, but no rings.

The guy was a complete loon. Already a proven issue in the locker room, hatred of KW or no. If his inclusion on the team hasn't lead to a substantial improvement or WS threat, why keep him?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Well, the Sox fans had 11 years of gloating after only making the playoff once since winning the World Series and now they've watched the Cubs win the World Series and they get to watch their best pitcher dominate for the Red Sox. You can't blame Ventura if they're bad this next season or for the next few years. Time to suck it up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

The guy was a complete loon. Already a proven issue in the locker room, hatred of KW or no. If his inclusion on the team hasn't lead to a substantial improvement or WS threat, why keep him?

It's not as awful as you think. What did the Sox win while having Sale pitch for them ? It's certainly been a waste at the very least .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's not as awful as you think. What did the Sox win while having Sale pitch for them ? It's certainly been a waste at the very least .

They definitely wasted his talent but to everyone except Ugie and Hahn he was arguably the most valuable player in baseball. The Sox got 40% of his value in return. Teams will give up more this offseason for players that aren't as valuable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

They definitely wasted his talent but to everyone except Ugie and Hahn he was arguably the most valuable player in baseball. The Sox got 40% of his value in return. Teams will give up more this offseason for players that aren't as valuable.

I think everyone knew the Sox were going to move Sale and that definitely brought his value down. Reinsdorf probably did not want Edward Scissor hands back after he made his stupid statements about LaRoche's kid being a team leader and leading a group of players to consider not coming out to play a spring training game, in protest of the LaRoche decision. Then he cuts up a bunch of uniforms because he didn't want to wear a throwback uniform when he pitched. He seemed to have a hard time understanding that he is an employee and decisions the club makes about who is allowed in the clubhouse or what uniforms are worn are made upstairs. I'm sure Sale will be much happier to pitch for a contender in Boston and the Sox can begin the process of rebuilding they should have begun 2-3 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's not Sale's fault though. Now you need to find another guy like him or hope that Rodon can step up and do it himself. The hardest guy to find in baseball is a real number one ace. Not every team has one. The Cubs really didn't have one this season. Arrieta was that guy in 2015. Lester and Hendricks had big seasons in 2016 and I consider them both top winning pitchers, but baseball fans know what I mean when I say they aren't real number one aces. That's why you had to be nervous going into series where a real number one ace like Bumgarner might pitch three times and you don't really have a counter. It all worked out in the end, but it's a lot better to have that standout stud guy who can absolutely blow a batter away in a tough spot. That ain't Jose Quintana. It might be Rodon, but I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Frank Coztansa wrote:

and you are living proof

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I disagree with this. You got a guy that plays at least 4X the amount of games as the guy you gave up. The Sox have shown to be able to develop pitching. So, if this guy can be decent, it is a win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

and you are living proof

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sox fans couldn't be happier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

This.

A pitcher, even one as talented as Sale, only gets you so much in a 162-game season. This isn't rocket science.

I don't care if he won every single game he pitched. It hasn't amounted to anything in terms of a championship. We all know that Chicago has a bad habit of "staying loyal to our guys" for too long, so I'm happy to see a decision was made on a talented pitcher who was just transformed into a #1 prospect position player when the opportunity arose.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

This.

A pitcher, even one as talented as Sale, only gets you so much in a 162-game season. This isn't rocket science.

I don't care if he won every single game he pitched. It hasn't amounted to anything in terms of a championship. We all know that Chicago has a bad habit of "staying loyal to our guys" for too long, so I'm happy to see a decision was made on a talented pitcher who was just transformed into a #1 prospect position player when the opportunity arose.

Would you trade Kershaw for a similar package?