It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't love the trade, but this kid sounds like he's a world-class talent. Sure, he could be a bust, as could any prospect, but it's inarguable that he has tremendous upside.

If he is as good as advertised and one other hits, it's a decent trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's

A decent trade should not be made for Chris Sale

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
White Sox are well known for their prowess in developing position players with contact issues.

White Sox are well known for their prowess in developing position players with contact issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I know, but the reality is they were never going to get Mike Trout for him (even though their value is probably similar). It could work out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
leashyourkids wrote:
I don't love the trade, but this kid sounds like he's a world-class talent. Sure, he could be a bust, as could any prospect, but it's inarguable that he has tremendous upside.

If he is as good as advertised and one other hits, it's a decent trade.

The trade is incomplete until this kid turns into the next Lou Brock, and Sale becomes Ernie Broglio (if any of you kids have questions about who these guys are, ask jimmypasta. He and walt are the only ones who were alive when this trade happened like 55 or so years ago)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'm ok with it.

The Sox finally picked in a lane in what they are doing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm ok with it.

they picked that lane a long time ago

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I know, but the reality is they were never going to get Mike Trout for him (even though their value is probably similar). It could work out.

I would have settled for a sure fire prospect who plays a key defensive position and breaks the current mold by getting on base at a high percentage

This sounds like more of the same rather than a guy who redefines the offensive character

However, I know dick about prospects so I am just relying on what others have written rather than knowing first hand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm ok with it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:53 pm 

Do yourselves a favor and do absolutely no reading whatsoever on Benintendi. He's the guy even the White Sox couldn't fuck up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I fully understand Sox fandom now. Never satisfied, always want to bitch and do not go to games anyway. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, no not that move.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:31 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I fully understand Sox fandom now. Never satisfied, always want to bitch and do not go to games anyway. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, no not that move.

I dont really think that is it. I think they have the right to expect a great return for one of the best pitchers in baseball. It doesnt appear as a great return, but just a good return.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I dont really think that is it. I think they have the right to expect a great return for one of the best pitchers in baseball. It doesnt appear as a great return, but just a good return.

I see. It is just so reactionary though. I will like to see if this sets up any more trades and more importantly see what these guys they got today so next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:34 pm 

pittmike wrote:

What are you trying to say here Mike? The "negative sox fan" thing is stupid and false. It wasn't that way when I was in high school. When your team misses the playoffs every year for 9 years there is zero reason to be positive.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What are you trying to say here Mike? The "negative sox fan" thing is stupid and false. It wasn't that way when I was in high school. When your team misses the playoffs every year for 9 years there is zero reason to be positive.

I have not been positive about the team for years either. I get it. But we asked for a rebuild so I will at the very least wait until spring training to bother losing sleep over their plan. I wish Sale wasn't gone but he is. For all I know this kid they got will be Barry Bonds or on the downside Ivan DeJesus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:40 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I have not been positive about the team for years either. I get it. But we asked for a rebuild so I will at the very least wait until spring training to bother losing sleep over their plan. I wish Sale wasn't gone but he is. For all I know this kid they got will be Barry Bonds or on the downside Ivan DeJesus.

The fact that the guys in charge currently liked this trade enough to make it is evidence enough for me that it's a bad trade. They do nothing but fuck everything on the team up. Why would this be different all of a sudden?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 pm 

Did I mention that this thread title is completely derivative and the leash should do his own work?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The fact that the guys in charge currently liked this trade enough to make it is evidence enough for me that it's a bad trade. They do nothing but fuck everything on the team up. Why would this be different all of a sudden?

I am not sure but I seem to recall there was a desire to have Hahn do a plan and Kenny to shut up and let him work. We have no idea if this is the start of that or the old way that is blamed for why we are in this position.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: what is he pouring ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:51 pm 

Mike is one of the good Sox fans.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:54 pm 

ive been laughing at that gif for 10 minutes straight and i still don't know what's going on

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I am not sure but I seem to recall there was a desire to have Hahn do a plan and Kenny to shut up and let him work. We have no idea if this is the start of that or the old way that is blamed for why we are in this position.

Anyone who had a desire for Hahn to be in charge of a rebuild is an idiot. A full rebuild would include getting rid of the executives responsible for having to a do a rebuild in the first place. This is a half assed plan as usual for the White Sox.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
The "negative sox fan" thing is stupid and false.

Quote:
The fact that the guys in charge currently liked this trade enough to make it is evidence enough for me that it's a bad trade.

Quote:
Anyone who had a desire for Hahn to be in charge of a rebuild is an idiot.

:lol: Is it, now?

Not that you don't have legitimate complaints about the way the organization has been run, and who is indeed running it, but I just find the first proclamation especially funny when it is followed by a whole lot of negativity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The "negative sox fan" thing is stupid and false.

Quote:
The fact that the guys in charge currently liked this trade enough to make it is evidence enough for me that it's a bad trade.

Quote:
Anyone who had a desire for Hahn to be in charge of a rebuild is an idiot.

:lol: Is it, now?

Not that you don't have legitimate complaints about the way the organization has been run, and who is indeed running it, but I just find the first proclamation especially funny when it is followed by a whole lot of negativity.

It becomes less funny when you don't take the quote out of context. My point was pretty clear. Sox fans aren't inherently negative. There's simply no reason for optimism currently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
The White Sox fans that shit on all of the young players the Cubs obtained over the last 3-4 years should hardly be the ones judging the young players the White Sox received in this trade.

If you were continuously wrong, why would you be right now?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm 

IMU wrote:
The White Sox fans that shit on all of the young players the Cubs obtained over the last 3-4 years should hardly be the ones judging the young players the White Sox received in this trade.

If you were continuously wrong, why would you be right now?

This is some dumb logic, although I'm not even sure who you are referring to. Your last sentence can easily apply to the White Sox front office as well.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Bagels wrote:
ive been laughing at that gif for 10 minutes straight and i still don't know what's going on

From the looks of it I'm fairly sure he's dumping a glass of water into a pot of oil that's on fire.