It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Day 2 Of The Plan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 am 

a lot of guys whose opinions I don't trust told me the Sox acquired great players

We shall see

As far as the tradeoff goes, well...what is that saying that the Saviors in The Walking Dead like to say about eating shit? Best not to nibble.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Of The Plan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:00 am 

Terrible thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When the Cubs embarked on their rebuilding, I knew it meant enduring a few seasons of losing baseball until the young players they drafted and traded for could turn things around. Fortunately, Theo and jed and their scouting department did a good job identifying the right players to deal for and developing that talent. If the Sox do a good job of identifying and developing young talent similarly, they can build a team that will also be able to contend and do so for a prolonged period. The patchwork....catch lightning in a bottle methodology was not working. I think the Sox were lucky the Cubs have shown Chicago baseball fans how this thing can work (if done well) so that Sox fans may be a bit more willing to endure what will necessarily be taking place the next few seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
When the Cubs embarked on their rebuilding, I knew it meant enduring a few seasons of losing baseball until the young players they drafted and traded for could turn things around. Fortunately, Theo and jed and their scouting department did a good job identifying the right players to deal for and developing that talent. If the Sox do a good job of identifying and developing young talent similarly, they can build a team that will also be able to contend and do so for a prolonged period. The patchwork....catch lightning in a bottle methodology was not working. I think the Sox were lucky the Cubs have shown Chicago baseball fans how this thing can work (if done well) so that Sox fans may be a bit more willing to endure what will necessarily be taking place the next few seasons.

Go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Well......that seemed uncalled for. How bout you show me how that's accomplished champ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:46 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Well......that seemed uncalled for. How bout you show me how that's accomplished champ?

Shove a funnel in your Klan hat. Then proceed to cram it up your ass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:52 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

:lol:

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Quintana is basically gone. I'd be shocked if he's on the team this evening.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't share your fondness for activities of that kind. With the Cubs getting Wade Davis and Schwarber ready for a full 2017 and the Sox tearing down and likely to struggle the next few years.....it's high times for Elmhurst Steve!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't share your fondness for activities of that kind. With the Cubs getting Wade Davis and Schwarber ready for a full 2017 and the Sox tearing down and likely to struggle the next few years.....it's high times for Elmhurst Steve!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:

Heyman said talking to Stros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:34 pm 

I think it would be better to wait until the deadline to see who has the best chance of beating the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:35 pm 

Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

Heyman said talking to Stros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think it would be better to wait until the deadline to see who has the best chance of beating the Cubs.

The White Sox just gave the 2017 World Series to Boston. No need to proceed with caution. We're good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:49 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The White Sox just gave the 2017 World Series to Boston. No need to proceed with caution. We're good.

Anyone could have said in 2015 and the beginning of last season, that the Dodgers were loaded and they were. Then injuries happened.....like crazy. The Cubs and Rockies look really good right now in the N.L. but injuries and additions yet this winter as well as at the trade deadline will change things. Much easier to know what teams (Twins, White Sox, Brewers) will have no chance in 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 pm 

Quintana is controlled for four more years. I would be in no rush to move him. Let the buyers negotiate against themselves for him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Anyone could have said in 2015 and the beginning of last season, that the Dodgers were loaded and they were. Then injuries happened.....like crazy. The Cubs and Rockies look really good right now in the N.L. but injuries and additions yet this winter as well as at the trade deadline will change things. Much easier to know what teams (Twins, White Sox, Brewers) will have no chance in 2017.
Agreed. This is why we need to wait and make trades with the dominant AL and NL non-Cubs team at the trade deadline.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Quintana is controlled for four more years. I would be in no rush to move him. Let the buyers negotiate against themselves for him.

Sale was good for 3 years and that didn't matter. They'll probably hold onto Quintana to make him suffer more. He'll be 2-17 with a 2.05 ERA.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sale was good for 3 years and that didn't matter. They'll probably hold onto Quintana to make him suffer more. He'll be 2-17 with a 2.05 ERA.

Sale had a "manageable" contract, not the minimum like Quintana.