It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Scooter wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
It helps that the Rangers are on a tear and might keep Yu

And there are teams like the Giants that can't just "white flag". I know we've been brainwashed in Chicago to think that The Plan™ is the "right way" to build a team, but it's becoming obvious that the 2017 Cubs caught lightning in a bottle. Big market teams don't just tank when they're eight or nine games back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep laughing when your barely .500 team that has already played MANY games vs. the Reds. That bravado can't hide your tight sphincter.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
A few bad starts does not do anything drastic to Quintana's trade value. A run of great starts here could improve it some.

Hahn should be asking for the moon with Quintana. Either somebody is going to give him what he wants, or somebody is going to offer something very close. If not, the Sox have a young, cost controlled arm that they can trot out there every 5th day for the next 3 seasons after this one.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
A few bad starts does not do anything drastic to Quintana's trade value. A run of great starts here could improve it some.

Hahn should be asking for the moon with Quintana. Either somebody is going to give him what he wants, or somebody is going to offer something very close. If not, the Sox have a young, cost controlled arm that they can trot out there every 5th day for the next 3 seasons after this one.

With the Robert signing, and the hope they draft well, I would say just keep him.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If somebody blows you away with an offer for Q, you take it. But with the prospect they have, the Sox should be a postseason contender in 2019 and 2020.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
And Quintana will be only 2, perhaps even 1, year from FA then. If they cannot find another high end starter after acquiring all theae arms that would be pretty pathetic.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:06 am 

America wrote:
And Quintana will be only 2, perhaps even 1, year from FA then. If they cannot find another high end starter after acquiring all theae arms that would be pretty pathetic.

I would agree with that.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Of course his value went down, his Era and whip haven't been this high since his rookie year and he's made 9 starts for the Sox this year, that's 9 less starts and about 60 innings less you get if ya traded for him before the season starts. Every start diminishes his value slightly more.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm 

^^ indeed

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The handling of Quintana should cost Hahn his job.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He will barely fetch a back 100 prospect now.
Good job Dick.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:34 pm 

America wrote:

We do not know if Jerry/Kenny wanted him moved.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

I haven't heard anything like that. I've heard some of It, I didn't here all of it, but from what I did here, I didn't hear any of that.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:48 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

I haven't heard anything like that. I've heard some of It, I didn't here all of it, but from what I did here, I didn't hear any of that.

What I have seen from the outside, is to get rid of the anti-management guys. That is all they have gotten rid of. To believe Q was on the trade block is hard to believe. Although, you listen to any offer that present.

I still don't buy the complete rebuild, until more pieces are moved.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
He will barely fetch a back 100 prospect now.
Good job Dick.

:lol:

Well that's almost coherent.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Of course his value went down, his Era and whip haven't been this high since his rookie year and he's made 9 starts for the Sox this year, that's 9 less starts and about 60 innings less you get if ya traded for him before the season starts. Every start diminishes his value slightly more.

You have no idea if that's true. One thing for certain, his value is not fluctuating start to start the way MANY of you are suggesting it is. It didn't go up when he threw an eight inning one-hitter last week and it didn't dive down because he had a shitty inning yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
He's probably injured. Nobody is gonna trade for that.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

You have no idea if that's true. One thing for certain, his value is not fluctuating start to start the way MANY of you are suggesting it is. It didn't go up when he threw an eight inning one-hitter last week and it didn't dive down because he had a shitty inning yesterday.

IF this trade happens, what would you compare it to? Price getting traded to the Jays?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Cashman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

IF this trade happens, what would you compare it to? Price getting traded to the Jays?

He's not the pitcher Price was thought to be at the time he was traded. He never has been. I would say that each deal is unique. The Sox just have to get what they see as a proper return for him. Maybe there's a deal to be had, maybe not. It's not a bad thing to keep him.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:13 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's not a bad thing to keep him.

That sounds really strange coming from you. I guess someone has to lose those games

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:15 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That sounds really strange coming from you. I guess someone has to lose those games

He's a .500 pitcher who gives you 200 innings. I've never said he was worthless. He's just not an elite pitcher and he's showing you that over this little stretch where his team is giving him PLENTY of "run support".

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Another thing is for certain - his value was greater in December than it is today. It's been 10 starts worth of lousy production. That's not nothing anymore

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It is. They got rid of the wrong pitcher.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Another thing is for certain - his value was greater in December than it is today. It's been 10 starts worth of lousy production. That's not nothing anymore

I'd have to agree.

I also think his value is now going to be greatest in this off season rather than at the trade deadline.

I'm still cool with keeping Quintana.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Are you disputing that his Era and whip are higher now than ever? Or are you disputing that with every WS start that is s one less start that his new team is not getting him on their rotation?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He was never going to bring a return like Sale. If he throws eight scoreless next out, do you think his value goes up? It's not fluctuating wildly like you think. Teams know what he is.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
JORR is currently the voice of reason, White Sox fans.

Ya'll need to do better.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Are you disputing that his Era and whip are higher now than ever? Or are you disputing that with every WS start that is s one less start that his new team is not getting him on their rotation?

I'm disputing that his value hinges on five starts.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
his value was his consistency. now that is gone. he sucks now. huge red flags flying like its moscow on May Day.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hatchetman wrote:
his value was his consistency. now that is gone. he sucks now. huge red flags flying like its moscow on May Day.

the start before the last one was excellent (though against a middling opponent).

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He was never going to bring a return like Sale. If he throws eight scoreless next out, do you think his value goes up? It's not fluctuating wildly like you think. Teams know what he is.

I already pointed out this isn't a one game reaction, it's a 10 game reaction. So yeah if he has 10 great games his value will go up. As of now his value is at least slightly lower than it was to begin the season. I don't see how you could argue otherwise.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next