It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Quintana for prospects
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Sounds like it is going to happen, probably from the NY Yankees, he should get a nice haul, hopefully Torres, Sheffield and Acevedo... Sox could have the best farm in mlb in a week and they haven't dealt Abreu yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Good for him and hopefully great for the Sox.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I look forward to his Cy Young season when he's traded to a team that can provide the run support he's needed to be a winning pitcher.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
if they get Glyber Torres, it's a great deal, regardless of whatever else they get. In some ways I hope they make they make the deal, just so I can go see Torres in person every year in crosstown games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Haha. Oh Frank is going to love that comment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I realize the Sox won't be competing for the next 3-5 years, but isn't Quintana's contract still pretty good through then? I wouldn't let all the pitching walk.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I realize the Sox won't be competing for the next 3-5 years, but isn't Quintana's contract still pretty good through then? I wouldn't let all the pitching walk.

It is

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I would have thought Frazier would be the next to go. Oh well. I do hope this works out for the Sox. Prospects are great, but if you don't have the support and winning foundation at the minors, its not going to help a whole lot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
I look forward to his Cy Young season when he's traded to a team that can provide the run support he's needed to be a winning pitcher.

Joe Orr Brogue Rod.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
There was a tweet like 9 hours ago but nothing more. No trade imminent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Abreu is only under contract for one more year and then a UFA, I believe, so I am not sure you are going to be getting a ton for him. Frazier is arbitration eligible next year. Quintana is locked up for 4 more years, and will be the last guy to get any sort of headliner minor league guys. Robertson is under contract for two years, so could get a decent return.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:23 am 
100000 CLUB

newper wrote:
Abreu is only under contract for one more year and then a UFA, I believe, so I am not sure you are going to be getting a ton for him. Frazier is arbitration eligible next year. Quintana is locked up for 4 more years, and will be the last guy to get any sort of headliner minor league guys. Robertson is under contract for two years, so could get a decent return.

Quintana is under control until 2020

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 am 

newper wrote:

Abreu is under control for 3 more seasons, next two offseasons he will be an arbitration player. He opted out of his contract. He appears to be sticking around, which the right move. After his kid came over from Cuba he posted an .898 OPS in the second half with a 1.061 OPS in August. He puts up an .898 OPS over a full season with a competent 1b and he'll be much more valuable to trade away next season or perhaps even become an extension candidate.

Frazier is a free agent next year, and he'll likely recieve a QO. In seasons past holding Frazier for the QO was a viable strategy but they wont be getting a top 30 pick for him under the new CBA so the best course of action is dealing him. The Cardinals could jump in at any point and make a play for him if they decide he's their man but more likely the Sox will wait for the weird offseason injury/spring training season enders start rolling in and move Frazier then. He wont be around past the deadline unless the Sox shock the world and are leading the AL Central (not happening).

Quintana may not last the rest of the week. Yankees should have very real interest in Q, and this will at least force the Astros to begin taking negotiations seriously. The Astros spent all this money on the lineup but their rotation is dogshit, they need Q but desperately want to avoid a bidding war.

Robertson is dogshit but man first dumbass Levine said it and nobody took him seriously and then this happened today:
Quote:
1:18
Pip: I’ve seen multiple people talk about the nationals trading for Robertson, and suggesting they would have to give up Robles. Isn’t that insane?! Robertson is teir 3, maybe sometimes a tier 2 closer. Even if the WhiteSox agreed to take on all of his salary, its still so lopsided. Are WhiteSox fans just prospect drunk or do you think there is actually something to it?
Dan Szymborski: I’m not sure it’s a crazy in a win-now environment.
Dan Szymborski: Robertson is only not tier one if you think 2016 is what he definitely is.
Dan Szymborski: The White Sox defense was comically bad in 2015.

So who fucking knows whats going on. If Rick Hahn is really holding out for Victor Robles in exchange for Robertson I'm more than OK with it (I still dont believe its remotely possible) to a point, eventually you gotta get rid of the guy because his value likely will be 0.0 by midseason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Nas wrote:
newper wrote:

2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 -- that's four years right?

I will defer to America's assessment as I am not a baseball contract guy (god bless em for getting guaranteed contracts!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
newper wrote:

Frazier and Abreu are both guys whose value you might be able to exploit at the deadline with contending teams who are a stick short.

With the explosion in the price for closers and their lack of availability, Robertson may have more value than he should.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Would the Yankees realistically trade Clint Frazier or Gleybar for Quintana? They just got done stocking up their farm system with elite prospects so it seems odd to get rid of them for a SP when they have so many holes. Maybe this is the Sox trying to build up Quintana's trade value.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

newper wrote:
Nas wrote:
newper wrote:

2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 -- that's four years right?

I will defer to America's assessment as I am not a baseball contract guy (god bless em for getting guaranteed contracts!)

I read your post as "Quintana is under contract for 1 more year."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 am 
Site Admin

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Would the Yankees realistically trade Clint Frazier or Gleybar for Quintana? They just got done stocking up their farm system with elite prospects so it seems odd to get rid of them for a SP when they have so many holes. Maybe this is the Sox trying to build up Quintana's trade value.

I guess it depends on if they want to finish behind Boston again. I'm not sure how long their fans will put up with that while they wait for the Great Clint Frazier. stoneroses?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

I guess it depends on if they want to finish behind Boston again. I'm not sure how long their fans will put up with that while they wait for the Great Clint Frazier. stoneroses?

You think adding Quintana puts them ahead of Boston?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:15 am 
Site Admin

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

You think adding Quintana puts them ahead of Boston?

I think it gets them closer. But I don't really know what to think about the Yankees. They kept losing their "best" players last year and just getting better. It's a funny game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Be hard to trade Quintana and pick up less salary in return.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 am 

If the Sox get Robles for Robertson the Nationals GM should be immediately shot on the spot. But he seems desperate enough to do something like that.

I don't see the Yankees giving up Torres for Quintana, but who the hell knows.

If the Sox get both Torres and Robles on top of what they already have then Hahn has hit a grand slam in this offseason.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
If the Sox get Robles for Robertson the Nationals GM should be immediately shot on the spot. But he seems desperate enough to do something like that.

If the Sox get both Torres and Robles on top of what they already have then Hahn has hit a grand slam in this offseason.

Torres is a couple of years away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:33 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Torres is a couple of years away.

Works out pretty well because so are the Sox.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 am 

newper wrote:

team control for 3 years for Abreu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:27 am 

SirTinkleButton wrote:

I thought there was talk about them stocking up specifically for trading purposes.

I don't think the Sox need to build up Quintana's value.

If I were a GM, I would have more peace of mind trading for Quintana than just about any other pitcher. He is about as consistent and injury free a product as you could possibly get.

The beauty of Sale and Quintana is that their contracts allow you to spend extravagantly on another ace pitcher should one arise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:11 am 

Pirates want Quintana bad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
America wrote:

I was always itching for them to get involved. they have a load of good position player prospects. not sure why they'd be willing to do it though since Cubs pretty much are guaranteed the division for the next couple of years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
America wrote:

I was always itching for them to get involved. they have a load of good position player prospects. not sure why they'd be willing to do it though since Cubs pretty much are guaranteed the division for the next couple of years.

Where are you seeing this?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 am 

Olney

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next