It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Martes is the type of guy the Sox love but you need more than those 2. I agree that the Sox have to trade him now. I fear injury or a 0-9 2.75 ERA start

That wouldn't lower his value

Agree, but losing Eaton who was one of the defensive lynch-pins for them may "luck up" his ERA into the 4's. That would be my biggest concern.

Call me crazy but I think the loss of Eaton has a bigger impact on this team than the loss of Sale.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Nas wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Nas wrote:
Martes is the type of guy the Sox love but you need more than those 2. I agree that the Sox have to trade him now. I fear injury or a 0-9 2.75 ERA start

Agreed,they particularly need hitting. I'd like Tucker, but also another, more advanced hitter.

I can go either way on Quintana trades. I think he'll be perfect for the team in 2 years when they're in position. You'd like to have somebody like him. Perhaps they think Rodon will be that front-line lefty, but a bird in hand...

I actually think that this team could be good this year so I'm not completely against keeping him. If you are going to trade him you have to get a lot in return though. Rodon looks like could be great if he were somewhat consistent.

He was really good with Narvaez catching. Navarro killed him last year. The sky is the limit with Rodon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
I actually think that this team could be good this year so I'm not completely against keeping him. If you are going to trade him you have to get a lot in return though. Rodon looks like could be great if he were somewhat consistent.

What's your logic?

Is a full season of Tim Anderson going to replace Sale and Eaton?

I think the manager cost them MANY last season. Shields will be better. I think Anderson will be really good. I think Rodon will take the next step. I also believe getting rid of cancers will be helpful.

I don't disagree with much for this (though I've become a bit worried about Rodin's health lately). Also, Eaton is ridiculously overrated. Good player but not great player. Replacing him with Bourjos is not going to be as crippling as some think.

But their bullpen is as bad as any in baseball, the back half of the rotation is frightening and the only Of they have who can hit is clearly back on his pilates and green tea and could be suspended for a year at any time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:

What's your logic?

Is a full season of Tim Anderson going to replace Sale and Eaton?

I think the manager cost them MANY last season. Shields will be better. I think Anderson will be really good. I think Rodon will take the next step. I also believe getting rid of cancers will be helpful.

God bless your optimism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Injury risk with Q is too great. If Astros offer Tucker, Perez and Whitley I take it.

Why is it great? He's been durable and consistent his entire career.

Any pitcher starts out with substantial risk and Q's workload scares me a little. If he gets hurt the Sox get nothing for him, which to me is less acceptable than not getting the perfect deal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
good dolphin wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

That wouldn't lower his value

Agree, but losing Eaton who was one of the defensive lynch-pins for them may "luck up" his ERA into the 4's. That would be my biggest concern.

Call me crazy but I think the loss of Eaton has a bigger impact on this team than the loss of Sale.

Many have said crazier things. I think Sale on the Sox was having a V12 in a ford. Putting him behind a plus defensive and I think he is going to have a MONSTER year. To the Sox, Eaton was getting a lot of outs his replacement won't be getting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

They're gonna be so bad you're not going to be able to tell the difference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Count me among those who think Q will still be on the roster this time next year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
With no Giolito/Moncada level headliner, I'd say we'd need to get Martes, Tucker, Fisher +

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:11 pm 

Tucker is probably about equal to Giolito.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 pm 

Don't pay attention to the fact that we sent all of the players we traded for to the minors today because we have a roster full of veterans in a "rebuilding" year. Instead look at this shiny trade rumor over here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Don't pay attention to the fact that we sent all of the players we traded for to the minors today because we have a roster full of veterans in a "rebuilding" year. Instead look at this shiny trade rumor over here.

Exactly. But this means your guy Hahn is either a dickless Yes Man or he's a lying, shitty, GM. Either way he needs to be fired.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm 

My guy?? You must have me confused with someone else.

And the answer to your question is all of the above. Lawyer tricks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:

I guess I do. I thought you were always a Hahn guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hahn would be a complete idiot to put the guys he traded for on the ML roster right now.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 am 

The only one that is really ready is Lopez, but unless Q is dealt there isn't really a rotation spot for him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:42 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Keyser Soze wrote:

As a Sox fan, this is the opposite of what they usually do. If they are not ready, don't rush it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:

Actually, your guy Kenny is the dickless, shitty, GM who needs to be fired.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:08 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Count me among those who think Q will still be on the roster this time next year.

If that is the case, I'd think about moving Rodon rather than Quintana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:

If they're rebuilding, then it may behoove them to have these average veterans play and "tank" for the better 2018 pick, all while saving valuable service time on the young guys they just acquired. Nothing wrong with what they're doing. They'd be foolish to waste their service time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Because of his agent?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

If they're rebuilding, then it may behoove them to have these average veterans play and "tank" for the better 2018 pick, all while saving valuable service time on the young guys they just acquired. Nothing wrong with what they're doing. They'd be foolish to waste their service time.
C'mon, Wampum. Stop making sense!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Hell yeah! C'mon White Sox, purposely put out an inferior product than you're capable of and try to lose on purpose! Because that's what sports are all about!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Hell yeah! C'mon White Sox, purposely put out an inferior product than you're capable of and try to lose on purpose! Because that's what sports are all about!

IF there is a clear direction of a rebuild, I am fine with the better pick. If it is the half-ass getting rid of anti-management guys masked as a rebuild, they can fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Cashman wrote:
IF there is a clear direction of a rebuild, I am fine with the better pick. If it is the half-ass getting rid of anti-management guys masked as a rebuild, they can fuck off.
The Sox have told us its the former. There might be reason to suspect its the latter.

I think the moves they make or don't make during the season will make it pretty clear what the Sox are/were doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am 

Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Because of his agent?

Yes. I have no doubt he goes to free agency, that the Sox will not be the highest bid and that he will take the highest bid regardless of situation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

This is hardly a novel concept.

So you want them to go 77-84 and get an unprotected #12 pick? All while wasting a year of the guys you're hoping are your next core?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

So you want them to go 77-84 and get an unprotected #12 pick? All while wasting a year of the guys you're hoping are your next core?

I agree that rooting for tanking isn't a novel concept. It's a mainstream belief now.

I want the White Sox to win as many games as they possibly can this year. I don't know what that number is. I imagine it's not too high.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 am 

FavreFan wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I agree that rooting for tanking isn't a novel concept. It's a mainstream belief now.

I want the White Sox to win as many games as they possibly can this year. I don't know what that number is. I imagine it's not too high.

I generally want them to win as many games as possible, too. But I can live with them not doing so this year. Next year, I want winning again, but if this is their plan, I'm good for a year. I honestly don't think they're too far off, especially with what they received for Sale and Eaton. So I can see a quick rebuild. That's why I say next year is the year to start pressing the gas again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Because of his agent?

Yes. I have no doubt he goes to free agency, that the Sox will not be the highest bid and that he will take the highest bid regardless of situation.

Big picture question: Why draft him knowing that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next