It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
As for me the longer guys are kept the lower the value goes ie. Q , Schwarber, and even Baez.Let us actually see what is gotten for these guys.As for Coop is this motherfucker pitching coach for life?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
As for me the longer guys are kept the lower the value goes ie. Q , Schwarber, and even Baez.Let us actually see what is gotten for these guys.As for Coop is this motherfucker pitching coach for life?

The difference between Quintana and the other two guys you mention is that Quintana actually has a track record. Schwarber and Baez have never really done anything in the big leagues. Their supposed greatness is just something that Cub fans fantasized about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Terrible season for Q.

No worries, his trade value is not impacted.
I know this is something you guys like to call out JOrr on, but its hard to fathom that this season has dramatically hurt his value. Maybe the return Q would get has dropped a little bit, but hasn't dropped like a rock.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The difference between Quintana and the other two guys you mention is that Quintana actually has a track record. Schwarber and Baez have never really done anything in the big leagues. Their supposed greatness is just something that Cub fans fantasized about.

If you have lost movement on your fastball and are relying on your curveball now, does track record matter? You either have movement or you don't and the decline has started.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't know how you could look at this year and say that Q's value hasn't dropped.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't know how you could look at this year and say that Q's value hasn't dropped.

Yep. Can you imagine what Franks thoughts on this would be if everything was the same and Q was in a Cubs uniform right now...He would be laughing at EVERY bad outing saying the Cubs should have traded him in the offseason.

I guess just let them live in their world of denial.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cashman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If you have lost movement on your fastball and are relying on your curveball now, does track record matter? You either have movement or you don't and the decline has started.

Pitchers have form cycles. When you think about great pitchers you imagine thst they went out and dominated every start. But it isn't true. Every guy that has ever pitched has stretches when he is less than his best.

I would bet a lot that Quintana isn't "in decline" and will go on a run where he is as good as he has ever been.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Yep. Can you imagine what Franks thoughts on this would be if everything was the same and Q was in a Cubs uniform right now...He would be laughing at EVERY bad outing saying the Cubs should have traded him in the offseason.

Frank didnt say Quintana's value hasnt dropped at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We all know your thoughts would be different if he was in a Cubs uniform.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I would bet a lot that Quintana isn't "in decline" and will go on a run where he is as good as he has ever been.

Mediocre?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We all know your thoughts would be different if he was in a Cubs uniform.
Ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Mediocre?

:lol: Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Mediocre?

:lol: Yes.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
He will be traded though and it will be interesting what the Sox get in return. Should have sold sooner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

but, but...NLDS MVP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Rumors about Quintana are heating up again:

Quote:
The consensus among the scouts and executives was that to get both Quintana and Robertson, it would take two blue-chippers and two other significant prospects.

Here’s what that probably means: one player would be Clint Frazier or Blake Rutherford; another would be Chance Adams or Justus Sheffield; and then someone like Wade or Andujar, as well as a younger pitcher like Albert Abreu.

That’s not unreasonable to get two pitchers who could put the Yankees over the top this season and be here beyond 2017, especially with all of the young talent they have to absorb such a hit to their farm system.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.3288375

Look at non-Yankee options:

https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/6/28/ ... ade-market

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Rumors about Quintana are heating up again:

Quote:
The consensus among the scouts and executives was that to get both Quintana and Robertson, it would take two blue-chippers and two other significant prospects.

Here’s what that probably means: one player would be Clint Frazier or Blake Rutherford; another would be Chance Adams or Justus Sheffield; and then someone like Wade or Andujar, as well as a younger pitcher like Albert Abreu.

That’s not unreasonable to get two pitchers who could put the Yankees over the top this season and be here beyond 2017, especially with all of the young talent they have to absorb such a hit to their farm system.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.3288375

Look at non-Yankee options:

https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/6/28/ ... ade-market

Interesting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah should start to heat up now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 am 

Every article I see written on the subject of available starting pitchers seems to be ignorant of the fact that the Rays are 1 game out of the wild card with a less than imposing Twins team to catch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Why would the Yankees give up that much for two average-ish players that have already been in their org?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:15 am 

America wrote:
Why would the Yankees give up that much for two average-ish players that have already been in their org?

because there is not a single statistic beyond W/L that indicates Quintana is an average pitcher over the last half decade and they have a desperate need for bullpen help

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:19 am 

good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:

because there is not a single statistic beyond W/L that indicates Quintana is an average pitcher over the last half decade and they have a desperate need for bullpen help

Except for all of his stats this year. Look if the Sox get Clint Frazier or Blake Rutherford alone for him I'll be ecstatic, but the reality is likely closer to an exchange of mid tier arms and salary releif. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Sox adding anyone who slots into the org's current top 10 until next year's draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am 

America wrote:

They aren't going to.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 am 

America wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:

Except for all of his stats this year. Look if the Sox get Clint Frazier or Blake Rutherford alone for him I'll be ecstatic, but the reality is likely closer to an exchange of mid tier arms and salary releif. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Sox adding anyone who slots into the org's current top 10 until next year's draft.

That would be disappointing if they gave up Q.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 am 

America wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:

Then they won't trade him. I'm very confident in that assumption...not confident to make a bet with City of Fools on it but confident nonetheless.

Regarding this year's stats, if you are going to hang on short term recency rather than career averages, wouldn't June be the more accurate numbers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 am 

His June is the only reason they'll get anything at all for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 am 

I agree though, they're not trading him. No way they admit defeat and realize that what could've gotten them Kyle Tucker 6 months ago now gets them two pitchers nobody has heard of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:08 am 

good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:

So there isn't a statistic that indicates he's below average.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
I agree though, they're not trading him. No way they admit defeat and realize that what could've gotten them Kyle Tucker 6 months ago now gets them two pitchers nobody has heard of.

Who is going to call them out on this widely unknown "fact" about an unproven prospect?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

With Twitter people know whats going on. That and other front offices have an idea what they were being offered last winter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next