It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Weird that the most talented prospect in the organization who MANY describe as right on the cusp is going to spend significant time in the minors. If he's as good as advertised, this will definitely cost wins. Also seems like a young talent like that would attract a lot more fans than a team with Quintana as the main attraction.

As someone who wants the Sox to remain in Chicago, I hope they bring him up sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
leashyourkids wrote:
Weird that the most talented prospect in the organization who MANY describe as right on the cusp is going to spend significant time in the minors. If he's as good as advertised, this will definitely cost wins. Also seems like a young talent like that would attract a lot more fans than a team with Quintana as the main attraction.

As someone who wants the Sox to remain in Chicago, I hope they bring him up sooner rather than later.

There are more moneyed Chicagoans who can't wait to get their hands on the Sox once Reinsdorf decides to sell than you can shake a stick at, trust me. Of course, Reinsdorf already has a deal in place with a group of them, but like everything else he does the deal is very tight-lipped.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank, I'm hoping we can have a more cordial relationship this baseball season. That's why I'm looking out for the Sox best interests. Someone has to ask these questions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
leashyourkids wrote:
If he's as good as advertised, this will definitely cost wins.

That's fine. He's still only 22 and has never been higher than AA (aside from 8 games in the MLB), no sense rushing him and the others along and starting arbitration clocks willy-nilly.

I always got the impression the intention was to suck for one year as opposed to two or three. So even in the worst case scenario Moncada is about to turn 23--Kopech 22, Giolito 24--when he makes his full-time major league debut, and in return you get a top-5 draft pick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:31 pm 

Moncada is going to be fine.

Giolito is the one I would be concerned about.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
RFDC wrote:

Agreed. On the flip side, if he stays healthy, Kopech might end the year as the top prospect in the minors. Lopez also looks to be as good as advertised this spring.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 pm 

RFDC wrote:

You are forgetting 1 thing: The Great and Powerful Don Copper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank, I'm hoping we can have a more cordial relationship this baseball season. That's why I'm looking out for the Sox best interests. Someone has to ask these questions.

All Cubs fans deserve ebola

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

All Cubs fans deserve ebola

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
:lol: This thread is a complete failure. Bryant was the best player on the Cubs when they sent him down. Moncada is a guy who strikes out 66% of the time.

And fuck Giolito and Kopech too. We traded for these busters so we can wait three years to hope one will be 3/4 as good as Sale.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And fuck Giolito and Kopech too. We traded for these busters so we can wait three years to hope one will be 3/4 as good as Sale.

Neither will be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol: This thread is a complete failure. Bryant was the best player on the Cubs when they sent him down. Moncada is a guy who strikes out 66% of the time.

Who mentioned Bryant? This is the Sox section!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

LIEING LEASH create another idiotic parity thread and then denieing it??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Yikes, the vitriol is strong in this thread. How about we tone it down. Moncada will be a stud. Looks like the Sox are finally learning how to play clock games. Smart move. Beats the MLB service time they wasted on both Rodon and Fullmer, in lost seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigitos
Big Brane wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

LIEING LEASH create another idiotic parity thread and then denieing it??

guess JERRY and KENNIE were to busy with the reBUIld to create ANY thredz! Sad!!!!!!!

AND THAT IS MY VERSION OF HOW SOMEONE ELSE RUNS A WEBSITE! THAT SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN THAT CONVERSATION!

:salut:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:10 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yikes, the vitriol is strong in this thread. How about we tone it down. Moncada will be a stud. Looks like the Sox are finally learning how to play clock games. Smart move. Beats the MLB service time they wasted on both Rodon and Fullmer, in lost seasons.

Bob, we're counting on you this year. Things are gonna get way worse than this. Can Cubbie Corner rely on you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moncada is a guy who strikes out 66% of the time.

You're not going to start making proclamations like that based on 8 games-worth of data, are you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're not going to start making proclamations like that based on 8 games-worth of data, are you?

The point is he's not ready to hit in the big leagues. There's no comparison to him and Bryant when the Cubs manipulated his service time. Also, not many guys "learn" how to make contact/control the strikezone. This is a 150+ K guy at best. Maybe he has enough power to mitigate all those missed swings. We'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If he's not major league ready that looks like an even worse trade than it already does. Get this fuckin guy up here and let him sink or swim.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:55 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The point is he's not ready to hit in the big leagues. There's no comparison to him and Bryant when the Cubs manipulated his service time. Also, not many guys "learn" how to make contact/control the strikezone. This is a 150+ K guy at best. Maybe he has enough power to mitigate all those missed swings. We'll see.

You just have to temper your expectations. I have no doubt that if this guy puts the work in, he can be a poor man's Javy Baez.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:52 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Bob, we're counting on you this year. Things are gonna get way worse than this. Can Cubbie Corner rely on you?

Regarding the White Sox Forum

My posts will only be of the positive nature. I wish them well in the rebuild. I will encourage them to be patient. As a Cubs fan I remember the lean years, 2012-2014, man that was rough. And I will be honest, I did not always see the forest through the trees, yeah I was a flippant idiot at times, wanting Theo to sign Nelson Cruz so they could win 3 more meaningless games. I wish I had been more patient,"a better fan". My way to make it up is to help these guys through it, and assure them, better days ahead.

Regarding the Cubs forum

You bet your ass I will have the back of Cub's nation. See last week, when Good Dolphin, Joe and PRICK tried trolling the Heyward thread. They were swiftly put back in their place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol: This thread is a complete failure.

Obamacare is a disaster! Its a disaster!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
As a Cubs fan I remember the lean years, 2012-2014.... yeah I was a flippant idiot.
It was over a hundred lean years, and you're still an idiot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 pm 

He can't even accept a gracious/friendly comment when it comes his way, what a fucking cock sucker Frank is :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
As a Cubs fan I remember the lean years, 2012-2014.... yeah I was a flippant idiot.
It was over a hundred lean years, and you're still an idiot.

False. The Cubs spent money. They just didn't win.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You just have to temper your expectations. I have no doubt that if this guy puts the work in, he can be a poor man's Javy Baez.

Baez never sniffed a double-digit walk rate in the minors. Moncada has done it at every level. And yeah, I'll take a 25%+ strikeout rate if it means a .250 ISO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The point is he's not ready to hit in the big leagues.

I agree. He needs to demonstrate that he can accrue walks at a decent rate and hit for power against better pitching in the higher rungs of the minors in order to excuse an obscene strikeout rate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:20 pm 

In A+ last year he had a 15.8% walk rate and in AA it was 13%. There's really no reason to be concerned about his ability to take a walk...Yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:23 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Regarding the White Sox Forum

My posts will only be of the positive nature. I wish them well in the rebuild. I will encourage them to be patient. As a Cubs fan I remember the lean years, 2012-2014, man that was rough. And I will be honest, I did not always see the forest through the trees, yeah I was a flippant idiot at times, wanting Theo to sign Nelson Cruz so they could win 3 more meaningless games. I wish I had been more patient,"a better fan". My way to make it up is to help these guys through it, and assure them, better days ahead.

Regarding the Cubs forum

You bet your ass I will have the back of Cub's nation. See last week, when Good Dolphin, Joe and PRICK tried trolling the Heyward thread. They were swiftly put back in their place.

If I trolled the Heyward thread then you need to toughen up.