It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Mike Moustakis would be a bigger upgrade.
You want the Sox to have the payroll of the Dodgers. Yoenis Cespesdes, Rajai Davis, Moustakas, and Curtis Granderson are guys you have wanted the Sox to sign over the last couple of years.

There is at least one person on this board that IMU would make a better baseball executive than.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
You may have been wondering why David Robertson is still on the White Sox...well its because Rick Hahn is demanding Victor Robles for him!

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/nation ... onals/amp/

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 pm 

That at least should be an indication they are willing to eat salary for a better prospect

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They need help for their entire bullpen. Throw in Kahnle or Swarzak and get it done.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 am 

Nightingale reports the return for Robertson was Jesus Luzardo and Drew Ward with the Sox eating half the money. Luzardo was interesting before TJ and Ward is just a guy. Meh

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
You may have been wondering why David Robertson is still on the White Sox...well its because Rick Hahn is demanding Victor Robles for him!

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/nation ... onals/amp/

That's great. I wonder what he is demanding for Q then.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 am 

FavreFan wrote:
They need help for their entire bullpen. Throw in Kahnle or Swarzak and get it done.

Jones. Those guys make no money.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jones. Those guys make no money.

The injuries probably scare teams off?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Nightingale reports the return for Robertson was Jesus Luzardo and Drew Ward with the Sox eating half the money. Luzardo was interesting before TJ and Ward is just a guy. Meh

His demands should go up now that Robertson has been fairly effective this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

Dusty in front of the media begging Rizzo to make a move. I think there is a legitimate chance that Robertson + Swarzak/Kahnle might land them Soto or maybe (if the Sox eat the $$$) Robles. Only issue is once that name is brought up the Rays are probably going to develop some interest in parting with Colome and the Sox wont be able to match that no matter what they do.

But now is the time to strike, this latest implosions seems to have been the last straw.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
America wrote:
Dusty in front of the media begging Rizzo to make a move. I think there is a legitimate chance that Robertson + Swarzak/Kahnle might land them Soto or maybe (if the Sox eat the $$$) Robles. Only issue is once that name is brought up the Rays are probably going to develop some interest in parting with Colome and the Sox wont be able to match that no matter what they do.

But now is the time to strike, this latest implosions seems to have been the last straw.

Matt Albers sure as hell isn't the answer there....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 am 

It is also the right time to move on Frazier as he has been red hot raising his average about 40 points and regaining power.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 am 

If they can get Robles for Robertson it would be a great job of sticking it to a team with a desperate need. I would like to see them hang on to Kahnle. He seem like someone who could be a lock-down closer, and more valuable that Robertson longterm. Not someone to just include in a trade.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
uncle Jer too cheap to eat the Robertson dough. only reason he's still here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:12 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

Actually thats wrong, the Sox and Nationals had a trade with the Sox eating some salary and it was Nationals' ownership that shot it down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 am 

America wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Actually thats wrong, the Sox and Nationals had a trade with the Sox eating some salary and it was Nationals' ownership that shot it down.

what, ONE MILLION DOLLARS??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
America wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

what, ONE MILLION DOLLARS??

It wasn't Jerry who nixed that trade.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 am 

show me the source and numbers for your assertion. I recall it was nixed b/c they wouldn't give up top prospects unless Sox ate a big chunk of dough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 am 

Right now the Sox have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get Robles. Kahnle looks wonderful but he's an item the Sox do not need now and could very easily lose his stuff long before the Sox require him to be performing, same goes for Swarzak. If the Sox offer the Nationals both the setup man and closer they desperately need plus a 4 OF (Leury?) I think we near Robles territory....the only threat comes from other bidders. The Rays are the only team that can easily blow away a package from the White Sox but they are two games over .500, I doubt they are willing to sell Colome when a wild card spot seems attainable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:22 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
show me the source and numbers for your assertion. I recall it was nixed b/c they wouldn't give up top prospects unless Sox ate a big chunk of dough.

Quote:
The easiest fix for the Nationals would be to acquire closer David Robertson from the Chicago White Sox. The White Sox are shopping him, the Nationals need him, and they nearly completed a deal for him before spring training. The Nationals, according to executives with direct knowledge of the deal, were to send 19-year-old left-hander Jesus Luzardo and minor league infielder Drew Ward to the White Sox for Robertson, with the White Sox eating about half of the $25 million remaining in his contract. But the deal got hung up over money.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 101994010/

Pretty obvious implication that the Nationals were the ones unwilling to do the trade.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am 

America wrote:
Right now the Sox have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get Robles. Kahnle looks wonderful but he's an item the Sox do not need now and could very easily lose his stuff long before the Sox require him to be performing, same goes for Swarzak. If the Sox offer the Nationals both the setup man and closer they desperately need plus a 4 OF (Leury?) I think we near Robles territory....the only threat comes from other bidders. The Rays are the only team that can easily blow away a package from the White Sox but they are two games over .500, I doubt they are willing to sell Colome when a wild card spot seems attainable.

Kahnle could lose his stuff- but so could anyone. He throws 100 and is averaging two Ks per inning. Some experience at closer, and you have one powerful trading chip or closer. Think he is more than a throw-in at this point. Swarzak can go.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am 

America wrote:

Kahnle could lose his stuff- but so could anyone. He throws 100 and is averaging two Ks per inning. Some experience at closer, and you have one powerful trading chip or closer. Think he is more than a throw-in at this point. Swarzak can go.

Easily be worth dealing him in as a 1A piece to get Robles. Having a position player stable of Moncada, Robles, Robert, Collins, Burger and next year's first rounder to pair with a pretty impressive group of RH arms (Giolito is coming around very quickly...) would be definite cause for excitement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 am 

America wrote:
America wrote:

Easily be worth dealing him in as a 1A piece to get Robles. Having a position player stable of Moncada, Robles, Robert, Collins, Burger and next year's first rounder to pair with a pretty impressive group of RH arms (Giolito is coming around very quickly...) would be definite cause for excitement.

I suppose if it is a deal breaker, but I would really prefer to give him a look at closer. He has a lot of long-term value.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 am 

I just told you it was about money and then you told me it wasn't about money and showed me it was about money. thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I just told you it was about money and then you told me it wasn't about money and showed me it was about money. thanks.

He was willing to eat an entire year of Robertson's contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 am 

so eat more and get the prospect. you're out the dough anyway and going to lose 90+ games with or without him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
so eat more and get the prospect. you're out the dough anyway and going to lose 90+ games with or without him.

Eat more money for two mediocre prospects? The Sox were basically willing to donate Robertson to the Nats cause (and toss in enough money to pay his 2018 salary!) but the Nats said no.

As stupid as it was keeping Quintana and watching him sabotage all his value holding onto Robertson seems to be paying off, if the Rays stay in contention (and thus out of the sellers market) and Herrera keeps sucking in KC the White Sox will be sitting on a pair of very high end relief chips. I do wonder if Jerry will be willing to eat half Robertson's contract after paying so dearly for Robert, that's a fair question.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

They just paid $25 million for Robert. Mine as well pony up here since Robertson is not bringing in fans, and he is due to be paid anyway.

That said. He's almost 3 months cheaper now, and he looks much improved from last year. Value could be up.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 am 

I was actually OK holding him in the offseason b/c he was hurt last year and had surgery. Pitched about as well as could be hoped for this year. MOVE HIM NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:01 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

They just paid $25 million for Robert. Mine as well pony up here since Robertson is not bringing in fans, and he is due to be paid anyway.

That said. He's almost 3 months cheaper now, and he looks much improved from last year. Value could be up.

Value on Robertson is definitely up. I agree that the time to trade him is now but the Sox still seem very unwilling to sell any of their major league pieces for reasons I really cannot understand.