It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
And not just about being good at baseball. Cardinals selling monthly subscription for ballpark access...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardinals- ... 47447.html

$29.99/month. Guaranteed SRO ticket for every game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm 

I dont think driving drunk is going to solve anything

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:15 pm 

This really does change everything. It has never been possible before to buy more than one game at a time. Now, suddenly, if you want to attend every game you have an option to do so!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This really does change everything. It has never been possible before to buy more than one game at a time. Now, suddenly, if you want to attend every game you have an option to do so!

Youre not a playa, you just Smarm a lot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont think driving drunk is going to solve anything

There are some times when that's not necessarily true ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Youre not a playa, you just Smarm a lot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Sox have been doing something like this for a number of years. Its called the ballpark pass. I used it the year they debuted it and it was OK.

This Cardinals "$30 subscription" is really a $180 per person ticket plan for SRO. So even if the Cardinals are good and you make it to all 81 games you're still paying $2.25 per. If you make it to more realistic but still pretty high number of games, lets say 30, its $6. That's one dollar less than you can get just impulsively buying an upper deck seat at Guaranteed Rate 30 minutes before first pitch. And you get a seat. And most of the time that $7 is basically GA and you can sit anywhere you really want. Worth the extra dollar imo.

What the Cardinals are probably banking on is a bunch of people being lured in by the installment/subscription nature of the plan "just a dollar a day!" and they use it like crazy in April and May, when even the Cardinals have some trouble drawing sometimes, before kind of forgetting about it or burning out by the busy summer. I'm guessing the average number of visits per holder will be something like 10, which averages out to a cost per use more than the cheapest seat at Busch. And even for the heavy users it'll still get them out to that ballpark village thing which will probably make more money than god.

So yea, long story short if I'm paying $180 for a ticket plan from the Sox I want at least 8 games with good seats for good opponents in July/Aug when the threat of a 40 degree near-rainout is near zero. If the Sox wanted to do some sort of subscription plan that offered maybe 5-10 games a month, an MLB.tv subscription and some perks/gear then I'd be interested.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm 

America wrote:
Sox have been doing something like this for a number of years. Its called the ballpark pass. I used it the year they debuted it and it was OK.

This Cardinals "$30 subscription" is really a $180 per person ticket plan for SRO. So even if the Cardinals are good and you make it to all 81 games you're still paying $2.25 per. If you make it to more realistic but still pretty high number of games, lets say 30, its $6. That's one dollar less than you can get just impulsively buying an upper deck seat at Guaranteed Rate 30 minutes before first pitch. And you get a seat. And most of the time that $7 is basically GA and you can sit anywhere you really want. Worth the extra dollar imo.

What the Cardinals are probably banking on is a bunch of people being lured in by the installment/subscription nature of the plan "just a dollar a day!" and they use it like crazy in April and May, when even the Cardinals have some trouble drawing sometimes, before kind of forgetting about it or burning out by the busy summer. I'm guessing the average number of visits per holder will be something like 10, which averages out to a cost per use more than the cheapest seat at Busch. And even for the heavy users it'll still get them out to that ballpark village thing which will probably make more money than god.

So yea, long story short if I'm paying $180 for a ticket plan from the Sox I want at least 8 games with good seats for good opponents in July/Aug when the threat of a 40 degree near-rainout is near zero. If the Sox wanted to do some sort of subscription plan that offered maybe 5-10 games a month, an MLB.tv subscription and some perks/gear then I'd be interested.

No one is paying $29.99 for a monthly subscription to the Sox. The Cardinals are actually good. But the concept is what they need. Most people would rather get drunk at the bars in the park anyways.

Sox would need to charge maybe $14.99 or $19.99. Something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm 

So what...$100 a season for UD tickets? If I go to 20 games, which would be a lot to see the likes of Derek Holland and James Shields, I'm paying $5 per. Only two dollars less than just buying at the box.

Again, the only way this really interests me is if I got something cool out of it. I'd pay $20 a month year round if they did it right, but I don't think they're allowed to bundle MLB.tv like that and for me, that would be key.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
No one is paying $29.99 for a monthly subscription to the Sox.
I'm pretty sure many are paying more than $29.99 a month.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Most people would rather get drunk at the bars in the park anyways.

Why are you talking about Cubs fan in the Sox section?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm 

There's like a million things the Sox could do before this idea.

*More Latino-Heritage nights. They should be doing these at least once a month and perhaps even Spanish language PA. Sox own the fastest growing demographic in the city they can do more to cement that than a few Los Medias Blancas billboards. To be fair they are getting better and seem to recognize it.

*Turn one of the parking lots into a lawn, charge $5 more for it and call it the tailgating lot. Not difficult at all.

*Drop the WE ARE SOUTH SIDE crap. The south side has a bad reputation, people are scared of it. Forget whether they should be or not, they just are.

*Get games broadcast in Cuba. Get Cuban announcers. Arrange a series in Havana if at possible. If Moncada realizes his talent they will have two absolutely beloved figures from the island.

I can go on and on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm 

America wrote:

*More Latino-Heritage nights. They should be doing these at least once a month and perhaps even Spanish language PA. Sox own the fastest growing demographic in the city they can do more to cement that than a few Los Medias Blancas billboards. To be fair they are getting better and seem to recognize it.

*Turn one of the parking lots into a lawn, charge $5 more for it and call it the tailgating lot. Not difficult at all.

*Drop the WE ARE SOUTH SIDE crap. The south side has a bad reputation, people are scared of it. Forget whether they should be or not, they just are.

*Get games broadcast in Cuba. Get Cuban announcers. Arrange a series in Havana if at possible. If Moncada realizes his talent they will have two absolutely beloved figures from the island.

I can go on and on

They should hire you. This is good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm 

That is a nice thing to say, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 pm 

America wrote:

I can go on and on

These are actually good ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:

Or maybe just move the team to Cuba. It's not that much farther for teams to fly to, than going to Florida. Cuba will be a desirable tourist area again soon and like Vegas, having a team there would provide an additional attraction to tourists, even if the team is not very good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
KKK rallies outside the stadium to demonstrate support for officer Darren Williams?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 pm 

Ritual blood sacrifice of Caller Bob and everyone he loves instead of the 7th inning stretch for a week.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
Ritual blood sacrifice of Caller Bob and everyone he loves instead of the 7th inning stretch for a week.
This guys gets it.

Elmhurst Steve Demolition Night would be great too.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere