It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Sox minor league system moved up to #13 after the trade deadline and draft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
Sox minor league system moved up to #13 after the trade deadline and draft

I am pretty sure you have those numbers reversed, but if not, the Sox minor league coaches will ensure they fall back down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Houston and Atlanta have weak systems. It's only bad if the the big club sucks.

Yeah, most of us got hoodwinked. Oh well. Reinsdorf has destroyed the fan base so much he has to move to Nashville.

Sox fans may be the worst fanbase in any major market. The constant bitching isn't uncommon. What is unique is Sox fans avoid the ballpark even when the team is good. You see Sox hats and gear everywhere you go though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah, most of us got hoodwinked. Oh well. Reinsdorf has destroyed the fan base so much he has to move to Nashville.

Sox fans may be the worst fanbase in any major market. The constant bitching isn't uncommon. What is unique is Sox fans avoid the ballpark even when the team is good. You see Sox hats and gear everywhere you go though.

Stadium complaints after all these years are preposterous and you may be right about Sox fans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Sox fans may be the worst fanbase in any major market. The constant bitching isn't uncommon.
This is season #123 for the White Sox and they have made the playoff 11 times. The constant bitching is absolutely is warranted when the team makes the playoffs less than 9% of the time. They have one season in the last 40 where they have won a postseason series. Outside of the Detroit Lions, that is the worst track record in any major sport over that same time frame.

Your constant defending of Jerry when it comes to the Sox is worse than any fan behavior. He IS the problem with the Sox.

You're ready to write off Fields after ~20 some NFL games but will defend Jerry to the death. And spare me the Bulls titles because that means nothing when it comes to MLB and the White Sox.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Fire Harry Caray, ONTV, was going to move without welfare, build a shitty stadium with 2 tiers of skyboxes so the upper deck is 20 stories up, and never win in tiny market division. The owner literally says he's loyal to his investors, not his customers, and the goal is 2nd place.

Die, leave, or sell. Your Uncle HAS GOT TO GO. He's turned half of Chicagoland into a subdivision. HIM, NO ONE ELSE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Hard not to argue.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Fire Harry Caray, ONTV, was going to move without welfare, build a shitty stadium with 2 tiers of skyboxes so the upper deck is 20 stories up, and never win in tiny market division. The owner literally says he's loyal to his investors, not his customers, and the goal is 2nd place.

Die, leave, or sell. Your Uncle HAS GOT TO GO. He's turned half of Chicagoland into a subdivision. HIM, NO ONE ELSE!

Yikes

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Sox fans may be the worst fanbase in any major market. The constant bitching isn't uncommon.
This is season #123 for the White Sox and they have made the playoff 11 times. The constant bitching is absolutely is warranted when the team makes the playoffs less than 9% of the time. They have one season in the last 40 where they have won a postseason series. Outside of the Detroit Lions, that is the worst track record in any major sport over that same time frame.

Your constant defending of Jerry when it comes to the Sox is worse than any fan behavior. He IS the problem with the Sox.

You're ready to write off Fields after ~20 some NFL games but will defend Jerry to the death. And spare me the Bulls titles because that means nothing when it comes to MLB and the White Sox.

For the record, you're agreeing with the point that you quoted.

We've seen your iconic World Series photo dozens of times. Outside of the birth of children, it was likely the happiest day in your life, and in the lives of most Sox fans. Uncle Jerry gave you that.

What the White Sox have done in 123 years isn't a cross that Uncle Jerry has to carry. This organization hadn't been to the playoffs in 24 years before Uncle Jerry rescued it. Before Hahn the Sox didn't finish below .500 20 out of the previous 32 years and won their first title in 87 years. What Uncle Jerry accomplished B.H. was the best stretch of White Sox baseball in a long time.

Hahn hoodwinked the organization. He should have been allowed to take the Cardinals job in 2007 or the Pirates job in 2008. Magazines had him rated as the best GM prospect in baseball, and Uncle Jerry bought it. Hahn is 749-893. To put that in perspective, the Sox were over .500 with Uncle Jerry before Hahn burned the organization down.

The eye test told me early that Fields may be a problem. I'm still hopeful. Uncle Jerry gave me the first titles I can vividly remember for all of the sports I care most about. I cried tears of joy when the Sox won. I'm forever indebted to the man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: Nas has Simple Frank on the run!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

^ Worse than any Sox fan behavior or statements.

Edit- :lol: :lol: Of course Vaccinated Bob would rush in to discuss the White Sox. My ^ applies to both posts above.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Like a biological woman, you're still bringing up shit that happened over 40 years ago. Let it go! That's no excuse not to go to the stadium for 43 years. The Sox were competitive most of that time Before Hahn and even won a WS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
^Verifiable facts.

Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi posted a bunch of facts for sure, so did Frank.

Fact; Jerry is 1-40 in winning a playoff series with the Sox. That is the worst in MLB since he took ownership which means there are teams that have only existed for a portion of that time that have done better.

Fact; Its EASIER to make the playoffs now than at anytime in MLB history, and Jerry can't even make that happen consistently. You can finish in 2nd or 3rd place and still play October baseball.

Fact; In terms of on field success, your uncle is a terrible baseball owner and even that may be too kind of a word.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Fact; Jerry is 1-40 in winning a playoff series with the Sox. That is the worst in MLB since he took ownership which means there are teams that have only existed for a portion of that time that have done better.

Fact; Its EASIER to make the playoffs now than at anytime in MLB history, and Jerry can't even make that happen consistently. You can finish in 2nd or 3rd place and still play October baseball.

Fact; In terms of on field success, your uncle is a terrible baseball owner and even that may be too kind of a word.

You didn't disputes anything I posted. You're choosing to ignore it. You didn't hate Uncle Jerry all the years B.H.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

You didn't dispute the facts that Nardi and I posted. You're choosing to emotionally reply and ignore these facts like a biological woman.

For the record, Hahn and Kenny need to go as well. You can check the tapes as I have said this more than once over the last 2-3 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You didn't dispute the facts that Nardi and I posted. You're choosing to emotionally reply and ignore these facts like a biological woman.

For the record, Hahn and Kenny need to go as well. You can check the tapes as I have said this more than once over the last 2-3 seasons.

I absolutely did dispute some of your points and provided context for others. I've never denied my Uncle Jerry or Kenny bias.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

You did not. But if you're happy with an owner who's club fails to qualify for postseason play 84% of the time, then that is all that needs to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:

“Simple” Frank is an honest and passionate Sox fan. He is quite different from homer trolls like GD. Both have their place around here, but Frank should not be a board enemy to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

“Simple” Frank is an honest and passionate Sox fan.
You can be a passionate fan and still demand better from the teams you love. Let's take a look at the Nas post for example;
Nas wrote:
We've seen your iconic World Series photo dozens of times. Outside of the birth of children, it was likely the happiest day in your life, and in the lives of most Sox fans. Uncle Jerry gave you that.
This isn't wrong, but this is also what is soooooo frustrating about Jerry and the Sox. He has actually been to the promised land. He knows what its like to win. He saw what happened to this city, the fans, and his attendance. He's had more than one chance to put together a ball club that wins consistently which would make a generation of kids Sox fans for life.

Instead he chooses to make more money for his investors. As a fan, that is indefensible. He may be a great guy and a brilliant businessman, but he is a fucking terrible baseball owner and there is nothing anybody can say to refute this.

Caller Bob is too fuckin stupid to realize he is about the worst type of fan there is. He constantly worries about other teams. Every move that doesn't work out, he hated. Every move that does work out, he says "Swami Bob called it" but really he calls out like 10 guys that should be signed/traded for so that he can say he was right no matter what happens. He doesn't go to games unless the White Sox are playing in LA. If he were as smart and as knowledgeable as he thinks he is, he would have a job in a dugout, or on a sideline, or in a front office somewhere instead of being a writer for a fortune cookie company.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:18 pm 

Somewhere in this world, there is a 106 year old White Sox fan. Assume they have been diehard Sox fan since birth. There has been ONE year in their entire lifetime that they saw the Sox win a playoff series.

Honestly, I'm not sure why/how any of us are Sox fans. I feel worse every day for turning my daughter into one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
It seems like the ownership is trying to get Mayor Johnson to engage on an even more sweetheart of a stadium deal, perhaps in conjunction with the Bears, than they have now. Nobody has talked about relocation since the funding was arranged by Jim Thompson for the Cell. Now magically they might move to the suburbs or sell to the Nashville Stars ownership group even though Nashville is the #1 expansion destination whose buy-in which will funnel enough money to teams with Bally Sports going bankrupt and disrupting incoming revenue.

Johnson and Pritzker need to call Jerry's bluff and counter-offer to pay for a nice memorial service when Jerry kicks the bucket.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
For the last week, it's obvious he's openly and actively bulldozing the subdivision he created.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You didn't disputes anything I posted. You're choosing to ignore it. You didn't hate Uncle Jerry all the years B.H.

I will say this Nas, you are trying to have it both ways. You're saying that you can't blame Jerry for anything that happened before him, but also you're basing your view of his success on what happened before him. Essentially your argument is that you like your current team owner better because he only kicks you in the cock and balls once a day, which is better than your old owner who used to kick you in the cock and balls twice a day.

And, yeah, one kick is better than two, but I'm still not going to call that guy kicking me in the balls daily a good owner.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I will say this Nas, you are trying to have it both ways. You're saying that you can't blame Jerry for anything that happened before him, but also you're basing your view of his success on what happened before him. Essentially your argument is that you like your current team owner better because he only kicks you in the cock and balls once a day, which is better than your old owner who used to kick you in the cock and balls twice a day.

And, yeah, one kick is better than two, but I'm still not going to call that guy kicking me in the balls daily a good owner.

Context matters. Frank is my meatball brother. I'll accept him giving me shit for my thoughts. I'm not interested in the ramblings of a transplant who only recently tasted success. Respectfully, stay the fuck out of Chicago's business. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Need an 'In Person Kick In The Nuts Report'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
It seems like the ownership is trying to get Mayor Johnson to engage on an even more sweetheart of a stadium deal, perhaps in conjunction with the Bears, than they have now. Nobody has talked about relocation since the funding was arranged by Jim Thompson for the Cell. Now magically they might move to the suburbs or sell to the Nashville Stars ownership group even though Nashville is the #1 expansion destination whose buy-in which will funnel enough money to teams with Bally Sports going bankrupt and disrupting incoming revenue.

"Hey, you wouldn't want to lose two teams at once, would you? Maybe you'll lose the Bears, maybe you won't, but hey, we haven't talked about fleeing to the suburbs! Lately!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Context matters. Frank is my meatball brother. I'll accept him giving me shit for my thoughts. I'm not interested in the ramblings of a transplant who only recently tasted success. Respectfully, stay the fuck out of Chicago's business. :wink:

Look motherfucker, I was born and raised till the age of 23 in the same area of many other on this board that you don't seem to have a problem with giving you their thoughts on Chicago's business. You don't know who the fuck I am or whose business I do or don't know about.

Respectfully shut the fuck up about me and what business I'm allowed to talk about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
well, that escalated quickly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Look motherfucker, I was born and raised till the age of 23 in the same area of many other on this board that you don't seem to have a problem with giving you their thoughts on Chicago's business. You don't know who the fuck I am or whose business I do or don't know about.

Respectfully shut the fuck up about me and what business I'm allowed to talk about.

Too many posts. I was joking. That Houston heat is going to give you a stroke, DUDE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next