It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Burts place
Yes. The Bears will get to the Super Bowl too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I see that and I automatically think the Sox will win 70 games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If the headline is a question, the answer is no

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I never question ability of the Sock to develop pitching.

Sock minor league position players? Ah, default to bust and have them prove otherwise.

They rushed both Rodon and Fullmer through the system and the results have been 'meh'

Fullmer just sucks, Rodon is a beast..can't stay healthy. I'd move him to the pen, he'll give ya 60 innings of outstanding work and avoid injury.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the White Sox are more popular amongst people who grew up in the territorial boundary of Chicago, and likely broader Cook County as well. It's always been a Sox town.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:30 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
Its been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the White Sox are more popular amongst people who grew up in the territorial boundary of Chicago, and likely broader Cook County as well. It's always been a Sox town.

:lol: This always makes me laugh.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:35 pm 

They are a tourist attraction and all of their supposed "popularity" derives from their immense association with Chicago in media. The reality on the ground has always been different. At best the Cubs are Naperville's Team, though I have my doubts they are even that authentic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I will be watching more Sox games this year. Do not have access to the Marquee station since I ditched the DirectTV scum bags.

This is absolutely the time for the Sox to take over Chicago. Cubs forgetting that many became fans from WGN's wide spread broadcast and colorful personalities. Brickhouse and Harry. Cubs are no longer original. Even Wrigley is turning into every other modern ballpark. Each year the Rickett's kill a little bit more of Cubs nostalgia, turning them into just another team in the MLB machine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Juiced wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I will be watching more Sox games this year. Do not have access to the Marquee station since I ditched the DirectTV scum bags.

This is absolutely the time for the Sox to take over Chicago. Cubs forgetting that many became fans from WGN's wide spread broadcast and colorful personalities. Brickhouse and Harry. Cubs are no longer original. Even Wrigley is turning into every other modern ballpark. Each year the Rickett's kill a little bit more of Cubs nostalgia, turning them into just another team in the MLB machine.

I agree, the Sox( if they play this right) can become the premiere baseball team in the city. I don't see me getting any games this year either. I ditched cable and I'm loving it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The Sox can easily eclipse the Cubs in succes on the field in the short to middle term, but it's going to take a generation of dominance over the Cubs to shift the fan balance. The Cubs lead is just too large right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Domino's
Warren Newson wrote:
The Sox can easily eclipse the Cubs in succes on the field in the short to middle term, but it's going to take a generation of dominance over the Cubs to shift the fan balance. The Cubs lead is just too large right now.

I don't think we'll win them over either but honestly who gives a shit. All that matters is kicking their ass.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Crazy how out of touch some can be.

Grandstand, a couple blocks west of US Cellular, has an entire section of Cubs jersey and gear.

Wrigleyville Sports on Addison ... no Sox gear to be found.

If you can't even lock down 35th and Wallace...not sure you can claim the city. Where are all these Chicago and Cook County Sox fans at 7:10p?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Grandstand, a couple blocks west of US Cellular, has an entire section of Cubs jersey and gear.

If you can't even lock down 35th and Wallace...not sure you can claim the city. Where are all these Chicago and Cook County Sox fans at 7:10p?

CHICAGO WHITE SOX NEW ARRIVALS
Wrigleyville Sports knows that baseball season is the best season. For that reason we are constantly getting new White Sox items to help you keep your game day look up to date. For the newest tees, hoodies, hats and more, from brands like Adidas, Nike and '47 Brand, be sure to check back regularly for new items.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Yep. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=117822

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:08 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Wrigleyville Sports knows that baseball season is the best season. For that reason we are constantly getting new White Sox items to help you keep your game day look up to date. For the newest tees, hoodies, hats and more, from brands like Adidas, Nike and '47 Brand, be sure to check back regularly for new items.

Let me know if I'm wrong, but that could be for their downtown location or their online sales. I know they carry a large variety of gear on the website.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:35 pm 

IMU wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Let me know if I'm wrong, but that could be for their downtown location or their online sales. I know they carry a large variety of gear on the website.
Could be...this is their River North location. I'm not sure about Addison.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x880e2de0335ebb05%3A0xfbcc36d09ca1a2c6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMZRrFLh5fpJYouppd_DOO9e7JRQShylfk7g967%3Dw312-h176-k-no!5swrigleyville%20sports%20river%20north%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCAESAggF&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipP9atsTbRLhJSVJ4hsD--g_q_68QIPDGOFfTEm0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGp_aonJPnAhVBbs0KHSvLDhEQoiowDXoECAoQBg#

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Damn.

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Damn.

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

In IMU's defense that was the River North location. I'm not sure about the Addison store.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 pm 

Yeah...Addison location...

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... CnoECBAQCw

Frank knows I see good things in the White Sox future, at least on the diamond, but let's not get silly. The White Sox are still the step child for the foreseeable future, no matter where you go in Chicago, Cook County or any of the collar counties.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Warren Newson wrote:

The difference between Sox fans and Cub fans is huge. Sox fans will not support a terrible team while Cubs fans will. Some say that therefore that Cub fans are better fans. I say no. They are just DUMB. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm 

Store called Wrigleyville sports sells Cubs gear at all their stores. Pretty shocking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Store called Wrigleyville sports sells Cubs gear at all their stores. Pretty shocking.

I'm sorry the White Sox fandom is not large enough to support a store called Guaranteed Rateville Sports.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm sorry the White Sox fandom is not large enough to support a store called Guaranteed Rateville Sports.

If the shop were 50/50 merchandise / prison quality tattoos it’d be off the charts successful

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:36 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you bragging about a merchandise store? Commercial property championship!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:53 pm 

The Cubs are a tourist attraction. They dont exist for people who are actually from Chicago or its immediate environs. I'm sure that statistically there are a million reasons to tout their broad appeal, but they are no more essentially Chicagoan than Giordanos or Navy Pier.

That isn't to say these enterprises aren't extremely successful from a business perspective. The Cubs make a ton of money. But they are not a true representation of Chicago, or least have ceased to truly represent the city and its people. That's why they have hemorrhaged like ten thousand people off the season ticket waiting list in a matter of months. Whatever connection they had with the city has been severed. If you're a Cubs fan you may as well fulfill you inner destiny and move south of I-80 to grovel with the downstate hillbilly rubes.

No discerning fan would dare wish anything but despair on the "Chicago" Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
They built a hotel across the street. Is there a hotel on Madison? Is there a hotel on 35th? Is there a hotel at Soldier(s) Field?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:03 pm 

The Bears and Sox are Cultural Vanguards of the Chicago Spirit and indispensable to the social fabric of the city.
The Bulls represent the first time in a century the eyes of the world were on Chicago for an extended period of time.

The Cubs are a tourist trap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you bragging about a merchandise store? Commercial property championship!

Sounds like a championship trifecta to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Damn straight.

Rick Hahn wrote:
In terms of feeling like we've accomplished something or [are] feeling satisfied, ask me after the parade. Quite candidly, we haven't accomplished anything yet, we haven't won yet. This whole process was about winning championships, was about finishing with a parade at the end of October down Michigan Avenue.

Until that happens, I don't think any of us are really in a position to feel satisfied or feel like we've accomplished anything.
Fuck these guys.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next