It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
This seems to not be good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Only four spots behind the Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Cannot argue....woof

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The biggest problem for the Sox is the dearth of pitching talent throughout their system. Other than Cease and maybe one of two more, the only pitchers that I think are real prospects are down at lower levels in the organization. Losing their number one pitching prospect to Tommy John surgery was a big blow as he and Cease are key in anykind of future pitching staff. They are somewhat better at the position player group but again, their better prospects are in high A and A for the most part.

This is not easily fixable and should quell this optimistic forecast that a lot of Sox fans have. There really isn't a lot of help in this farm system in the next two years or more and they have a cheap assed owner who has proven he will not spend real money to shore things up. The present Sox team has half a batting order and half a pitching staff. Too many holes in the line-up and limited help on the way. A no better than double A pitching staff and little help on the way also.

And, far as I am concerned, they have a horse shit manager in Renteria. A perfect example is the game yesterday. He stayed with his starter way too long. Why he put Castillo in the line-up after McCann had four hits and a bomb the previous day is horseshit. Then look at the fucking bottom of the order with Engel who should NEVER grace a starting batting order. I think he is trying to keep a merry clubhouse with everyone playing. That is what BAD FUCKING MANAGERS DO. This is not little league, dipshit. THis is actually how to destroy a team when you get hot and have to sit the next day and watch your replacement go 0-4 and your team gets killed.

I would fire Renteria right now and give Cooper the fucking team for the rest of the year and see what happens. Cooper has balls and cannot be happy with how Renteria handles his pitchers

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Hawk wrote:
I would fire Renteria right now and give Cooper the fucking team for the rest of the year and see what happens. Cooper has balls and cannot be happy with how Renteria handles his pitchers
:lol: :lol: This team would lose 115+ games if that happened. I'm not saying Ricky is a modern day Connie Mack, but GTFO with this Cooper as manager bullshit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm 

Yeah I'm not sure giving Coop control would be a net positive.

Plus he's already in charge of the pitchers. You think Ricky is just doing things all willy-nilly without input from Cooper?

They're working guys like Ivan Nova. It's gonna be bad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Plus he's already in charge of the pitchers. You think Ricky is just doing things all willy-nilly without input from Cooper?

Perhaps you guys missed the part where The Hawk said he had balls?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

I won't believe The Hawk has balls until he sends pictures of them to JOrr.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
:lol: :lol: This team would lose 115+ games if that happened. I'm not saying Ricky is a modern day Connie Mack, but GTFO with this Cooper as manager bullshit.

Why would this team lose 115 games with Cooper as a manager? Renteria is a horse shit game manager while Cooper is acknowledged as one of the best pitching coaches in all of baseball. Give him a good bench manager and you lose nothing and potentially gain a lot. Or if you do not like Cooper for whatever reason, get someone else in because Renteria is total crap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

The manager makes all of the decisions regarding who is going to pitch a given day, who is going to come in to relieve. How far they are going to stay with a pitcher, etc. All the pitching coach has is advise. I cannot believe that Cooper is okay with the decisions that Renteria makes with those pitchers. Staying with Nova was an idiotic move. Putting Castillo into that game was stupid. Putting Engel in that line-up was dumb. It is like they intentionally lost that fucking game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Of all the things the Sox done and haven't done over the past 4-5 years, an April loss to Baltimore is the game you choose to make a big fuss about?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:01 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The manager makes all of the decisions regarding who is going to pitch a given day, who is going to come in to relieve. How far they are going to stay with a pitcher, etc. All the pitching coach has is advise. I cannot believe that Cooper is okay with the decisions that Renteria makes with those pitchers. Staying with Nova was an idiotic move. Putting Castillo into that game was stupid. Putting Engel in that line-up was dumb. It is like they intentionally lost that fucking game.

Don't get me wrong. Renteria is not a good manager. He'd be a fine bench coach.

I don't think Coop is the answer though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Hawk wrote:
I cannot believe that Cooper is okay with the decisions that Renteria makes with those pitchers.

:lol: Cooper is making the pitching decisions. And he should have been fired several seasons ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
How or why did Renteria get the Cub job to begin with?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Of all the things the Sox done and haven't done over the past 4-5 years, an April loss to Baltimore is the game you choose to make a big fuss about?

Is this a message board? I brought up what I think is an issue. If you have a problem with that, kiss my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
I cannot believe that Cooper is okay with the decisions that Renteria makes with those pitchers.

:lol: Cooper is making the pitching decisions. And he should have been fired several seasons ago.

No way. On both counts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Is this a message board? I brought up what I think is an issue. If you have a problem with that, kiss my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Hawk wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No way. On both counts.

Let me get this straight. The Sox had a World Series winning manager and Cooper made the calls on pitching then, but he doesn't make the calls when Renteria is manager? Beyond that, Sox pitching has been terrible for a long time in spite of having Sale for a bunch of seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
My respect for Ricky would go through the roof if he told Coop to go fuck hisself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No way. On both counts.

Let me get this straight. The Sox had a World Series winning manager and Cooper made the calls on pitching then, but he doesn't make the calls when Renteria is manager? Beyond that, Sox pitching has been terrible for a long time in spite of having Sale for a bunch of seasons.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:52 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No way. On both counts.

They were not a lousy pitching staff in the Sale years. As for "making the calls" on pitching. What exactly are you talking about? If a manager doesn't control the pitching coach, he is not a manager. It cannot be abdicated as far as I am concerned.

Besides, I think that the question is moot. It is Renteria that goes out to the mound and takes out the pitcher. It is ON THE MANAGER no matter how you look at it. Now then, if the game has passed up Cooper, that may be a separate matter. I have heard shit about how he is supposed to be a "system" manager but I do not even begin to agree with that. Because no way have I see him try to pigeon hole pitchers into one kind of delivery or stuff. How does one say shit like that and look at guys like Sale and others.

The Sox pitching staff suffers most of all because of a lack of fucking talent and you cannot expect below average pitching talent to get major league hitter out and that truth is not on Cooper being liable but rather on Hahn and the scouting department and minor league instructors as far as I am concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:52 pm 

Now that we see so many correctable issues with the White Sox it goes to show how accurate the thread title is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
The Sox pitching staff suffers most of all because of a lack of fucking talent ...
Then what does it matter if Ricky Renteria, Don Cooper, Joe Maddon, Ozzie Guillen, or FavreFan are making the pitching changes? If they suck, they suck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
The Sox pitching staff suffers most of all because of a lack of fucking talent ...
Then what does it matter if Ricky Renteria, Don Cooper, Joe Maddon, Ozzie Guillen, or FavreFan are making the pitching changes? If they suck, they suck!

I am talking about a manager being very STUPID. Renteria makes all of the line-up decisions including the pitching staff. He shouldn't be expected to work miracles but he should be expected not to make things worse which he absolutely does. He is a terrible game manager. Putting line-up together is important and he fucks that up consistently. I think that he does it in order to keep the clubhouse happy and not to win a fucking ball game. That last game was total bullshit in all aspects. He had a team that just demolished another team and basically gave them the next game. That line-up was pathetic and allowing Nova to give up nine fucking runs. I guess Nova is this year's Shields who Renteria trotted out game after fucking game when he was DONE as a pitcher. Nova is DONE. Put a fork in him. So is the guy pitching tonight. I was pissed last season about the handling of the pitching staff and now it is even worse. Get rid of these worthless worn out assholes and let the youngsters give it a try. They CANNOT DO WORSE.

Last edited by The Hawk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:35 pm 

They sure could do worse.

Terry Bevington could rise from the grave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:39 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
My respect for Ricky would go through the roof if he told Coop to go fuck hisself.

I'm sure it would. That just another piece of shit judgement on your part.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah. He was very bad also. I actually do not think that the Sox have had a good manager in decades. It really has been a clusterfuck of idiots. And you can blame all of that shit on Reinny and his choices of his staff and advisors. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 am 

Pretty obvious the answer to this now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:16 am 

It's happening!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next