It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Yoan Moncada Watch
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Off to a monster start, almost as good as Matt Davidson:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/regis ... ncad000joh

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post subject: Re: Yoan Moncada Watch
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
All hits are singles, he's still struck out 25% of the time and his only PA as a RHB ended with a K. Not enthused quite yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 am 

America wrote:
All hits are singles, he's still struck out 25% of the time and his only PA as a RHB ended with a K. Not enthused quite yet.

The most negative possible way to view getting on base 8 times in 12 PA. Not saying call him up now, but he's had a good start.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:16 am 

Let's see him get a double before anointing him.

Not that it matters even if he is great. The Sox are just building a newer, younger version of their old selves. Moncada will find himself drowning in a sea of mediocre veterans bought at the downslope of their careers the same way Sale and Eaton did. Fast forward a year and we'll be watching a new stable of veterans in the mold of Samardizja and Frazier taking the field in exchange for some of the young talent.

It'll be back to bottom 3rd farm system and bottom 3rd MLB roster in no time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:09 pm 

America wrote:
Let's see him get a double before anointing him.

Not that it matters even if he is great. The Sox are just building a newer, younger version of their old selves. Moncada will find himself drowning in a sea of mediocre veterans bought at the downslope of their careers the same way Sale and Eaton did. Fast forward a year and we'll be watching a new stable of veterans in the mold of Samardizja and Frazier taking the field in exchange for some of the young talent.

It'll be back to bottom 3rd farm system and bottom 3rd MLB roster in no time.

Hopefully, you are not allowed to purchase razor blades or firearms.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:17 pm 

You don't honestly believe they are rebuilding, do you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Of course they're rebuilding. I don't know why some of you want to hit this phony narrative that they eliminated "bad clubhouse guys". I never heard any Sox player complain about Sale or Eaton. Do you want them to give away assets just to do it? They'll make the deals when the time and the return is right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm 

It's not the players who traded away Sale and Eaton.

They've only gotten rid of Sale, Eaton, Duke and Bourjos in the last year. In that time they also traded a top 100 ish prospect for James Shields. Players who are free agents after this year litter the roster and they are paying $12m per for a closer.

Not rebuilding.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:46 pm 

America wrote:

They've only gotten rid of Sale, Eaton, Duke and Bourjos in the last year. In that time they also traded a top 100 ish prospect for James Shields. Players who are free agents after this year litter the roster and they are paying $12m per for a closer.

Not rebuilding.

There will be more trades.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Not rebuilding.

Right.

The Shields trade and Robertson signing were done in another futile effort to compete.

Sale and Eaton are the first signs of a team truly rebuilding. That will continue at the deadline.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So should the Sox make bad deals just to get rid of Melky, Robertson, & Frazier? Would them guys being gone despite the organziation being worse off make you and Keyser happy, America?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Not rebuilding.

Only noteworthy trade of the last 5 months was Peter Bourjos to the Rays for cash.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Of course they're rebuilding. I don't know why some of you want to hit this phony narrative that they eliminated "bad clubhouse guys". I never heard any Sox player complain about Sale or Eaton. Do you want them to give away assets just to do it? They'll make the deals when the time and the return is right.

:lol:

Why on earth would you give this front office that benefit of the doubt? They're fucking clueless.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:06 pm 

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Not rebuilding.

Only noteworthy trade of the last 5 months was Peter Bourjos to the Rays for cash.

Will.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:18 pm 

There is literally no reason to believe that other than the word of a dishonest front office.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So should the Sox make bad deals just to get rid of Melky, Robertson, & Frazier? Would them guys being gone despite the organziation being worse off make you and Keyser happy, America?

Melky is fine the other two have no reason to be on this team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:21 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

If Robertson died today the Sox would be no worse off. They should get rid of him for anything.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

America wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Melky is fine the other two have no reason to be on this team.
That doesnt answer the question.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 pm 

The answer is trade Frazier and Robertson for whatever they can get. If they can't get anything just put them on waivers. Sox are better off giving those PA's to Davidson or Saladino. Robertson probably can't be moved without eating some salary, and the organizational aversion to that practice is just one of their many, many faults.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why on earth would you give this front office that benefit of the doubt? They're fucking clueless.

They started rebuilding when they traded Sale. Anyone who thinks that they're just going to go along without any more moves is just goofy. I don't know if they're going to do it successfully, but they are rebuilding.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They started rebuilding when they traded Sale. Anyone who thinks that they're just going to go along without any more moves is just goofy. I don't know if they're going to do it successfully, but they are rebuilding.

I don't know why you would think we are goofy for questioning this. Just look at the roster. Anyone who claims to know what this front office is doing is lying. As of right now it appears they are doing some type of half-assed one leg in, one leg out type of rebuild that's clearly going to fail.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

The roster looks similar to the 2012 Cubs. Few young guys, few veterans, MANY that are simply placeholders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know why you would think we are goofy for questioning this. Just look at the roster. Anyone who claims to know what this front office is doing is lying. As of right now it appears they are doing some type of half-assed one leg in, one leg out type of rebuild that's clearly going to fail.

Because they're not just going to dump every player for nothing. Is that what you want them to do? You have to field a team. The Cubs have made people think that rebuilding and losing on purpose are the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

America wrote:
The answer is trade Frazier and Robertson for whatever they can get.

No, it's not. It's to maximize their value. That's likely to be at the deadline.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

America wrote:
Sox are better off giving those PA's to Davidson or Saladino.

If you think Davidson and Saladino are key guys on a championship team, I'm glad you aren't doing the rebuilding.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

You know who is a key guy on a Championship team and in a Championship bullpen?

Leury Garcia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Because they're not just going to dump every player for nothing. Is that what you want them to do? You have to field a team. The Cubs have made people think that rebuilding and losing on purpose are the same thing.

What makes you think Robertson is going to increase his value this year? Same with Frazier? A rebuilding team would be willing to eat salary and dump those guys for prospects. Sox aren't in a rebuilding mode if they aren't willing to do that. Melky's value is already decent. I doubt it's going to improve all that much over the year.

We'll see who ends up being right, but I'd suggest anyone who is willing to believe this front office is the dopey one. What year on the Three Year Plan are we on now?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The roster looks similar to the 2012 Cubs. Few young guys, few veterans, MANY that are simply placeholders.

They aren't going to be bad enough to get top 3 draft picks.

FF is correct, they are trying to be competitive and rebuild at the same time, and the only real impetus they had to trade Sale and Eaton was their actions during the LaRoche embarrassment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
America wrote:
Sox are better off giving those PA's to Davidson or Saladino.

If you think Davidson and Saladino are key guys on a championship team, I'm glad you aren't doing the rebuilding.

They have better odds of being good players for the Sox long term than Frazier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
America wrote:
The answer is trade Frazier and Robertson for whatever they can get. If they can't get anything just put them on waivers. Sox are better off giving those PA's to Davidson or Saladino. Robertson probably can't be moved without eating some salary, and the organizational aversion to that practice is just one of their many, many faults.

I really believe you are just trolling Sox fans numbnuts. Saladino is the 2nd baseman till Moncada gets here, Davidson while sucky has the DH job cause Cody will be gone. You were not going to get shit for Frazier this off season so let him play in a contract year and hope for a injury to a contender by July. And unless he totally shits the bed Somebody is going to want Robertson. Christ look at San Fran already pissing and moaning about their bullpen :lol: :lol:

Edit: And Melky is also playing for a contract. Hahn did the right thing by holding off, cause if we get a top 50 to 100 prospect for any of those guys it most likely is a win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next