It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
On the whole I think I enjoyed this season more than the past 3. We saw some flashes from guys who will need to be contributors in the future.

Nice to end a season without the taste of shit in your mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:18 pm 

22-22 over the last 44.

Bypassed by at least one and maybe more teams that were clearly tanking.

Is that tanking, conns?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Pal wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
On the whole I think I enjoyed this season more than the past 3. We saw some flashes from guys who will need to be contributors in the future.

Right. It's nice to be able to see some semblance of a plan. It'll probably all go to shit but at least there's hope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Pal wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Right. It's nice to be able to see some semblance of a plan. It'll probably all go to shit but at least there's hope.

Stockholm Syndrome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Stockholm Syndrome

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Rick Renteria wrote:
It's been an exciting year for us. Even though the record might not be what we want, we've come a long way. It is exciting to see guys like (Reynaldo) Lopez, (Lucas) Giolito, (Yoan) Moncada, (Nicky) Delmonico come up, and watch guys like Matt Davidson and Tim Anderson, who now are having their first full season under their belts. They continue to show they're capable of performing here. They're not afraid. They've shown they're ready to compete.

We have a pretty close-knit group. I don't know if we can take it any higher with the way they're jelling as people, as players. It's pretty exciting to watch. We're seeing a group of young men who are developing and owning an identity of what they want to become, and how they want to express that identity to the next generation of players who will be coming to the White Sox.

What a year for Jose Abreu! I've seen a tremendous amount of growth in him. He's already a grown man who has experienced many things in his life. But he continues to feel more and more comfortable in his own skin. He feels more and more comfortable talking to his teammates. During games, he will gather guys at the mound. He's taking a commanding role of settling guys down during a ballgame. It's really important. He's a huge part of who we are.

We're glad we're able to see some of the young starting pitchers we'll have next season with us, and some of the young players. We used the last month to look at and evaluate them. It's a better setting to draw some sort of conclusion as opposed to going into Spring Training and seeing them play there. This gives us a much truer barometer.
We've got a lot of players who are coming into their own. Avisail Garcia showed what he can do this year. We played good baseball the last three or four weeks. You hope that continues. There's excitement.

At the beginning of the year, we talked about the White Sox Way. The White Sox Way is just playing baseball the right way. It's hustling, it's making sure they prepare in a way that gives them a chance to have success between the lines. The biggest thing we've tried to instill is that their effort is consistent. They've been consistent in how they play the game, backing up bases, executing certain fundamentals. At the end of the day, it is a mindset, it is a belief, it is a trust that these things will give you positive outcomes.

I hear people tell me all the time how they are excited to see our effort. They see guys busting their butts coming out of the box. It makes me feel good that people are noticing these things.
When the talent and ability to play the game the way it is supposed to be played come together, then you have something pretty special. If you play good team baseball, you always have a chance to win ballgames. We're going to play team baseball as early and often as possible.

The message to fans is: Stay tuned. We're moving forward. Sure, we'll hit some bumps along the way. But if there's anything that can be said about the club's attitude, and what they'll continue to express to the new wave of players that are coming in, is that we'll give you guys a great effort. Hopefully, there will be more victories as we continue to move forward to what we believe will be be a championship.

Saying championship is a bold statement. But if you don't talk about it, how are you going to attain it? It's a goal you have to set.

As the season came to a close, even though we're a little exhausted, we talk about 200. Two-hundred days is what it takes for a championship season. In that sense, the season isn't over. It's over for us, but it won't be over for baseball until the end of October, maybe early November. As much as these guys can be proud of everything they've been doing, they need to know this isn't when we want it to end. Their minds always have to be looking forward. You have to be realistic, but you also need to set goals higher than what you think. If you want to play great baseball, be a great team, you need to set the standards very high. You might fall a little short, but then again you could get higher than you thought.

We should be excited. It's an exciting time for us as the Chicago White Sox. As these young guys continue to develop at the Major League level, we're going to be a fun club to watch in 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Ricky is the man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:13 pm 

I wonder if he realizes that he will be unemployed this time next year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
That would be terrible. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Happy has a real positive attitude, but yeah, he has to be fired when your team is ready to take the next step.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:
Happy has an real positive attitude, but yeah, he has to be fired when your team is ready to take the next step.

By that time Robin may rediscover his love of the game and be ready to return. Since he wasn't fired I'll assume the job is his if he wants it back!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Probably not. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Renteria will win at least as many rings with the Sox as Maddon has with the Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Renteria will win at least as many rings with the Sox as Maddon has with the Cubs.

God Damn are you a dumb clown, Renteria will be fired in 2 years, 3 max.. The Sox have no shot at winning a ring in the next 3 years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:10 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
The Sox have no shot at winning a ring in the next 3 years.
I shit out a better thought than this earlier this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'd bet a lot of money against that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The Twins were dead last with 59 wins last year. Baseball is a funny game.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'd bet a lot of money against that.

I'll take that bet as well. Ricky will still be managing the Chicago White Sox in 2019. I would also bet he'll be managing them in 2020

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He already did get one ring since joining the White Sox.

Don't let Frank outsmart you, guys!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

He was handed a gift. He didn't win anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:56 pm 

Sox hires and fires are really only based on how much the person has ingratiated himself to JR If JR likes you personally, you have a lifetime contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56