It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
wdelaney72 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Jake Burger is never going to see the show in his career.
That's whole lotta Tommy John surgery there. ouch.

Even if he does, it is not going to be a 3B. At beast, maybe 1B but DH. And we have enough of that in our system.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mercy

Right-hander Ryan Burr recently had Tommy John surgery and will miss the rest of the season. He had a 4.58 ERA in 16 appearances for the White Sox this season.

The injuries are also piling up in a big way in the White Sox's farm system. Double-A right-hander Zack Burdi will miss the rest of the season after tearing a ligament in his patella. The 24-year-old Burdi was struggling mightily this season, posting a 6.41 ERA and 1.88 WHIP in 17 relief appearances for Birmingham.

Double-A right-hander Jimmy Lambert recently underwent Tommy John surgery and will miss the remainder of the year. He had a 4.55 ERA in 11 starts for Birmingham.

Third baseman Jake Burger, whom the White Sox selected in the first round in 2017, has a bruised left heel and is day-to-day. There's no timetable for his return. He missed all of 2018 with a ruptured Achilles, which is re-tore in May 2018 to delay his readiness for 2019. The organization's hope is that he'll return to get some action at the tail end of this season, perhaps in instructional league, which starts in mid-September. If not then, he could possibly return to action in the Arizona Fall League.

Triple-A right-hander Ian Hamilton will also miss the remainder of the season after being struck by a line drive a few weeks ago. He'll need surgery to fix facial fractures and to repair his jaw. Hamilton, 24, was struggling in recording a 9.92 ERA in 16 relief appearances

Burger with the bruised left heel which is connected to the twice torn achilles. Something tells me it's all related and you can put a fork in him. He's always going to have a problem with that lower left leg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:10 am 

pizza_Place: Burts place
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mercy

Right-hander Ryan Burr recently had Tommy John surgery and will miss the rest of the season. He had a 4.58 ERA in 16 appearances for the White Sox this season.

The injuries are also piling up in a big way in the White Sox's farm system. Double-A right-hander Zack Burdi will miss the rest of the season after tearing a ligament in his patella. The 24-year-old Burdi was struggling mightily this season, posting a 6.41 ERA and 1.88 WHIP in 17 relief appearances for Birmingham.

Double-A right-hander Jimmy Lambert recently underwent Tommy John surgery and will miss the remainder of the year. He had a 4.55 ERA in 11 starts for Birmingham.

Third baseman Jake Burger, whom the White Sox selected in the first round in 2017, has a bruised left heel and is day-to-day. There's no timetable for his return. He missed all of 2018 with a ruptured Achilles, which is re-tore in May 2018 to delay his readiness for 2019. The organization's hope is that he'll return to get some action at the tail end of this season, perhaps in instructional league, which starts in mid-September. If not then, he could possibly return to action in the Arizona Fall League.

Triple-A right-hander Ian Hamilton will also miss the remainder of the season after being struck by a line drive a few weeks ago. He'll need surgery to fix facial fractures and to repair his jaw. Hamilton, 24, was struggling in recording a 9.92 ERA in 16 relief appearances

Burger with the bruised left heel which is connected to the twice torn achilles. Something tells me it's all related and you can put a fork in him. He's always going to have a problem with that lower left leg.

Burger is one of the worst early draft picks in all of MLB. A total bust.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bababooey wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mercy

I just don't understand drafting an unathletic 3B...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:34 am 

Cashman wrote:
Bababooey wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mercy

I just don't understand drafting an unathletic 3B...

Not to mention his arm sucks. Who needs an erratic throwing fat 3rd baseman? The same team who drafted a pitcher who jerked his head when he released the ball. I'm as far from a draft wizard that there is, but I can spot a red flag when I see one...or two.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bababooey wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mercy

Hot take.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cardinals story about missing out on Luis Robert: https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... e=comments

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Robert has cooled off after an amazing start following his promotion to AAA. One hit in his last thirteen at bats for Charlotte.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Robert now 2 for his last 17 ABs in AAA.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Robert is 12 for his last 43 (.297 average) with 2 HR AND 3 RBI over that span.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tall Midget wrote:
Robert now 2 for his last 17 ABs in AAA.

Tall Midget wrote:
Robert is 12 for his last 43 (.297 average) with 2 HR AND 3 RBI over that span.

so he's 10 for his last 26 with 2hr and 3 rbi? sweet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:50 am 

He's hitting something like .340 with 5 hr and a +1.000 OPS at AAA. Don't sweat the minor peaks and troughs

As an aside, he and Madrigal both might have 40 steals apiece this year so the Sox will not be the station to station team they were in the past. Add Timmy and Moncada and they might have a team the leads the league in steals.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:58 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
He's hitting something like .340 with 5 hr and a +1.000 OPS at AAA. Don't sweat the minor peaks and troughs

As an aside, he and Madrigal both might have 40 steals apiece this year so the Sox will not be the station to station team they were in the past. Add Timmy and Moncada and they might have a team the leads the league in steals.

After getting off to a great start in AAA, he's only been OK. His BA and OPS have been dropping pretty steadily.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:04 am 

Madrigal CS 10 times. Robert 7.

That's a total of 17 outs and 57 SB.

Bad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I’ll always shocked to this bumped without it being a prospect getting tommy Johns.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Bad

77%=good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bad

77%=good

Dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Arguing minor league steal success rate. God dammit do we need football back I our life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm 

Bababooey wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bad

77%=good

Dumb.

Baseball prospectus analyzed that a 75% success rate on attempted steals justifies the risk of creating an out. Others have set the number at 70%.

Where does bababooey set the bar and upon what do you base your conclusion?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 pm 

Remember when the Sox fans would make fun of Cub fans for talking about prospects. Funny how the times have changed

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 pm 

Talk?

Cub fans would journey to Iowa and South Bend to watch prospects play.

I have never watched an inning of Charlotte whatevertherenameis baseball, even when its simulcast in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Remember when the Sox fans would make fun of Cub fans for talking about prospects. Funny how the times have changed
There is a HUGE difference in following guys in the minors versus comparing "future MVPs" like the now out of MLB Addison Russell to Barry Larkin.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Talk?

I have never watched an inning of Charlotte whatevertherenameis baseball, even when its simulcast in Chicago.

Madrigal sucks. No pop no power. Stolen bases overrated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Talk?

You were one of the biggest ones who would make fun of Cub fans for talking about prospects.

Going to Iowa/South Bend and going to Charlotte are a little different. I would venture to say that if the Sox had a minor league team in South Bend and Madigral was playing there would be many who would go watch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Talk?

You were one of the biggest ones who would make fun of Cub fans for talking about prospects.

Going to Iowa/South Bend and going to Charlotte are a little different. I would venture to say that if the Sox had a minor league team in South Bend and Madigral was playing there would be many who would go watch.

I still am. This is the minor league BULLSHIT thread not because we needed another thread in which to bullshit.

Sox fans don't drive to Bridgeport to watch a game but they will go to south bend?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Talk?

I still am. This is the minor league BULLSHIT thread not because we needed another thread in which to bullshit.

Sox fans don't drive to Bridgeport to watch a game but they will go to south bend?

So you are telling me if Madigral or Robert were there that Sox fans would not go to see them?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:46 pm 

That is what I'm telling you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 pm 

Good Dolphin drowning. Someone throw him a lifeline.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm 

Bababooey wrote:
Good Dolphin drowning. Someone throw him a lifeline.

your ass still has my hand print on it from the stolen base discussion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The Sox prospects look very good with the exception of pitching. Madrigal will make an excellent lead-off man and play second base. Roberts will man center field. Mercedes will come up and pair with McCann to form an excellent two way battery. Sheets, I believe, will settle in left field in another year and platooning with Abreu at DH/1b. This kid just can hit.

I am very up beat with the likelihood that next year this team will have an awesome everyday line-up starting next year. The only guy that has some miles on him is Abreu and he will still be banging the ball for another 3-4 years.

THe problem as we all know is with the pitching and it really is starting pitching that is weak. They had better spend some money because the talent is not in the minor leagues whatsoever.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next