It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I’m also curious if the September callup rule. I’d be shocked if players would give away major league service time like that. But if you are right, and Roberts rakes, it would be hard to send him to AAA at spring training to avoid the super 2 time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
According to the MLB website, only players on the 25-man roster accumulate service time. September call ups are obviously not part of the 25-man roster:

Quote:
Service Time

Definition
Players receive Major League service time for each day spent on the 25-man roster or the Major League injured list. Important to players and clubs alike, service time is used to determine when players are eligible for arbitration as well as free agency.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/service-time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:02 pm 

https://www.royalsreview.com/2016/9/1/12704152/what-you-need-to-know-about-september-callups

This link says the 25 man roster expands such that players do accumulate service time during September. I’m going with any one on the 40 man roster can be put on the active roster. And if you are activated for the game you get service time. And I also think if you go on the DL while active you continue to accrue. For example, I think Kopech is a accruing time while he rehabs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 pm 

He isn't coming up until May 1 next year (or whenever the tolling gets them the extra year) unless he agrees to the same type of long term deal as Anderson and Eloy. I'll be interested to see what they do with Madrigal. My guess he is a guy who would agree to the contract as he is never going to be a guy who gets the outrageous contract.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:47 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
He isn't coming up until May 1 next year (or whenever the tolling gets them the extra year) unless he agrees to the same type of long term deal as Anderson and Eloy. I'll be interested to see what they do with Madrigal. My guess he is a guy who would agree to the contract as he is never going to be a guy who gets the outrageous contract.

I would use him as someone that would be harder to bully into an extension. He signed for 26 million. That’s enough dough he can afford to bet on himself and go for earlier free agency.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Only fools believe the 6 year service time clause will be in the new CBA. Now if the Sox want to delay his service time, next May won't do it for them because that loophole will be closed too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
TurdFerguson wrote:
https://www.royalsreview.com/2016/9/1/12704152/what-you-need-to-know-about-september-callups

This link says the 25 man roster expands such that players do accumulate service time during September. I’m going with any one on the 40 man roster can be put on the active roster. And if you are activated for the game you get service time. And I also think if you go on the DL while active you continue to accrue. For example, I think Kopech is a accruing time while he rehabs.

Thanks for the info. That explanation makes sense. Not sure why I always thought/assumed that September call ups didn't accrue service time. :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Thanks for the info. That explanation makes sense. Not sure why I always thought/assumed that September call ups didn't accrue service time. :drunken:

Yes. Thanks for that. 8) 8)

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This is off the top of my head....

If they come up for September call ups, they don't burn options but the time is added on to their clock. So, if Robert comes up for 10 games, it is added on to his clock. So if the beginning of the year is the starts, add 10 games to it.

I think the clock stuff is just dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Only fools believe the 6 year service time clause will be in the new CBA. Now if the Sox want to delay his service time, next May won't do it for them because that loophole will be closed too.

Everyone agrees the service time is dumb. But minor leaguers don’t get a vote. It’s in the best interest of the players association to keep it as it still benefits active members.

Like they give a fuck about young guys. They still want to get there’s.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Everyone agrees the service time is dumb. But minor leaguers don’t get a vote. It’s in the best interest of the players association to keep it as it still benefits active members.

Like they give a fuck about young guys. They still want to get there’s.

But they are not getting there nearly as much now. They are held in minors until they are 23-25, then become free agents in their early 30s. MLB teams aren't paying for early 30s free agents at the same rate now.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:
He isn't coming up until May 1 next year (or whenever the tolling gets them the extra year) unless he agrees to the same type of long term deal as Anderson and Eloy.

If he doesn't take the contract he is down in AAA until July to avoid super 2. Maybe even longer if they are bad again.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wellington Castillo is still on the major league team.

That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:37 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
THe Sox need to bring up Robert, Mendrick, Collins, and Mercedes from 3A when the play-offs are done. They need to do the right thing for their fans. I say Mendrick not Madrigal because Mendrick can hit and hit for power and play 3 different infield positions and could easily replace Sanchez on the roster while Madrigal is going to be the 2b of the future.

Let the call-ups show the upcoming battle for 2nd string catcher/1B/DH between Collins and Mercedes. Mercedes can simply hit and has shown it ever since he signed a contract. He's actually hit for virtually the same stats as Robert in his minor league season.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:57 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I was watching that last night. Ozzie actually convinced Frank that his idea about keeping him down was foolish and a waste.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:27 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I was watching that last night. Ozzie actually convinced Frank that his idea about keeping him down was foolish and a waste.

My head is about to explode. People keep bringing up the service time. STOP. There will not be 6 years of service time after the CBA expires after next year. Owners will be lucky to negotiate 4. Any time down in the bushes is wasted time. God bless them that they signed Eloy but even if they didn't, all they managed to do was waste a good half year of him getting acclimated LAST YEAR. He'd have been so much better off THIS YEAR had he had a few months of experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Outside of Bummer, Colume, Nova, and Giolito, thier pitching staff is all minor leaguers anyway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 pm 

Collins and Mendick expected to be the call ups today.

Play them consistently.

Otherwise there's no point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:26 pm 

And Palka of course.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
And Palka of course.
What the fuck for? Fucker can't hit, maybe he can pitch!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm 

Dylan Covey is back.

FULL TANK MODE!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Dylan Covey is back.
They would be better served to bring back Matt Davidson and let him pitch.

Quote:
CLEVELAND – Prior to tonight’s game at Cleveland, the Chicago White Sox transferred outfielder Jon Jay to the 60-day injured list, purchased the contract of infielder Danny Mendick from Class AAA Charlotte and recalled right-handed pitcher Dylan Covey, catcher Zack Collins and outfielder Daniel Palka from Charlotte.

Covey, 28, is 1-7 with a 6.88 ERA (40 ER/52.1 IP) and 35 strikeouts over 16 games (10 starts) with the White Sox.

Palka, 27, has appeared in 17 games with the White Sox this season, going 1-45 (.022)
, after hitting 27 homers as a rookie in 2018.
:lol: :lol: Just mind numbingly bad stats and stupid moves to bring these guys up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
TurdFerguson wrote:

I would use him as someone that would be harder to bully into an extension.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love it! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Dylan Covey is back.
They would be better served to bring back Matt Davidson and let him pitch.

Quote:
CLEVELAND – Prior to tonight’s game at Cleveland, the Chicago White Sox transferred outfielder Jon Jay to the 60-day injured list, purchased the contract of infielder Danny Mendick from Class AAA Charlotte and recalled right-handed pitcher Dylan Covey, catcher Zack Collins and outfielder Daniel Palka from Charlotte.

Covey, 28, is 1-7 with a 6.88 ERA (40 ER/52.1 IP) and 35 strikeouts over 16 games (10 starts) with the White Sox.

Palka, 27, has appeared in 17 games with the White Sox this season, going 1-45 (.022)
, after hitting 27 homers as a rookie in 2018.
:lol: :lol: Just mind numbingly bad stats and stupid moves to bring these guys up.

did he really hit 27 HR as a rookie? And they only gave him 45 ABs this year? That's terrible management. Smacks of 1990s Cubs. You dont cut a guy's head off just because of a bad start.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 am 

Did I read that dickhead Ricky correct, that he is only going to find 4-5 starts at catcher for Collins over the final 25 games? How does Rick Hahn come down and not have a talk to him, especially considering how Ricky misused Collins the first time he was up? I do think Mc Cann should be catching Cease, Giolito and Lopez because of defense. The other two starts out of five should go to Collins. Every at bat or inning behind the plate that Wellinton gets is a waste. He is not here next year and he is owed NOTHING by this organization in terms of playing time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:02 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Did I read that dickhead Ricky correct, that he is only going to find 4-5 starts at catcher for Collins over the final 25 games? How does Rick Hahn come down and not have a talk to him, especially considering how Ricky misused Collins the first time he was up? I do think Mc Cann should be catching Cease, Giolito and Lopez because of defense. The other two starts out of five should go to Collins. Every at bat or inning behind the plate that Wellinton gets is a waste. He is not here next year and he is owed NOTHING by this organization in terms of playing time

I do worry about the rebuild because the GM refuses to take the bull by the horns. He's still yanking off his coat and putting it over puddles for the owner to walk upon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Castillo, Palka, Skole, etc shouldn't see another at bat unless it's as a pinch hitter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next