It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Keyser Soze wrote:
It's a joke you fuckin nimrods. The lowest common denominator of every fan base thinks he hates their team.

Sob at a higher frequency.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:58 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Here's why I hate the White Sox

I had something else in mind for the newsletter today, but can I just rant for a bit about how petty and childish the reactions of a small number of White Sox fans were to my comments on the Luis Robert signing yesterday?

I appeared on the Waddle & Silvy program on ESPN Chicago yesterday to talk about Robert, and my Insider piece on the signing and the history of Cuban position players in general went up this afternoon. In both places, I gave the same info: I've spoken to multiple scouts and executives about Robert and found a quick and unusual consensus on his strengths and weaknesses, including the risk around his hit tool. I thought on balance it was a favorable commentary on the player - I still haven't seen Robert, but will go see him in June if he's assigned to Kannapolis or Winston-Salem - albeit not as positive as what I think MLB.com and Baseball America have written (two sources I respect).

Forum-shopping among fans is hardly new, but the level of vitriol on this one, which is still ongoing, is certainly a new high, and I wonder if this is a sign of the times and of what staying active on Twitter will be like going forward. Many of you likely saw the Sox fan who fabricated a bunch of comments from me and tweeted them, claiming I called Robert a .220 hitter (really, when have you ever heard me call a player that?), but there have been plenty of others whining that I slammed the signing (no) or said the player wasn't good (no) or that I was a big meanie monster to their favorite team. Good grief.

Bolded part is what he cannot seem to understand.

He knows his words are presented in a big forum. He should have provided NO analysis of the player but merely presented it as a reporter of what informed people are saying.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:15 am 

That's not stopping anyone else from providing analysis so why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about him? Is it because he's not saying everything is puppy dogs and rainbows?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:
That's not stopping anyone else from providing analysis so why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about him? Is it because he's not saying everything is puppy dogs and rainbows?
In this thread, its more so because you seem to take what KLaw says as Bible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:

He has a big voice.

I don't care what any of these guys, none of whom have really spent much time seeing him play, have to say about him. He will play and in a few years show himself to be an MLB talent or not. Sox didn't give anything that impacts my enjoyment of the team so it looks good from my perspective.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 am 

Pretty much what I've been saying. Just let him play and don't worry about where he is on some stupid list.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Klaw is the only list that matters.

Is it let him play, or figuring out where he is on a list? I wish you would make up your mind.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8