It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:41 am 

I really didn't expect to be saying that this year. This has to be one of the more satisfying starts to a season I have seen from this team in a while. I know it can't last but it is still nice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The rest of this division appears to be pretty terrible.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 am 

So are the Sox but it's still enjoyable.

I think Cleveland will go on a big run within the next month or so that leaves the rest of the division behind. They are a legitimately good team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
How long until Elmhurst Dipshit responds?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The minute they lose a game that bumps them out of first place.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The minute they lose a game that bumps them out of first place.

What is Frankie Flapjacks doing in a White Sox thread?
Go back to the Cubs section where you spend most of your time.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Dynamote drop in, Sarley. That broadcast school has really paid off!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Unlike most Cub fans, I am happy when the White Sox do well except for the 4-6 games a year the two teams play each other. Renteria is a good manager, and there is enough other crap in the AL Central that they'll be able to hang around for a while.

Enjoy the success.

I'm looking forward to getting over to watch some of the young players in person this season for 1/5 the price I'd have to pay to watch the Cubs in person.

I just wish the broadcast teams were better so I could actually watch or listen without wanting to put a gun in my mouth. Last night I watched a tripleheader thanks to MLB.TV - Cubs/Pirates, Dodgers/Giants, and part of Rays/Orioles. It's a shame that the White Sox broadcasts aren't as enjoyable as the Orioles or Giants.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:11 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dynamote drop in, Sarley. That broadcast school has really paid off!

Boom goes the dynamote!!!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Sarley is just bobbin & weavin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I really didn't expect to be saying that this year. This has to be one of the more satisfying starts to a season I have seen from this team in a while. I know it can't last but it is still nice.

This is the kind of thread Sux fans were posting last year about this time. Mat Latos was off to a great start to the season and the team was 10 games over .500 . This team, just like last years team, is not a contender. Not for their division and not for a wild card. They did well (as I said) to hire Renteria as Manager. he is a good manager and has the team playing smarter and with good effort. But the talent level is not great enough to contend and some of the players having early success (just like last year) will regress and the team will drop below .500 before long. To celebrate being TIED for 1st with the Indians and Tigers in April is actually kind of sad. But go ahead, it may be the only thing you can celebrate this season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This is the kind of thread Sux fans were posting last year about this time. Mat Latos was off to a great start to the season and the team was 10 games over .500 . This team, just like last years team, is not a contender. Not for their division and not for a wild card. They did well (as I said) to hire Renteria as Manager. he is a good manager and has the team playing smarter and with good effort. But the talent level is not great enough to contend and some of the players having early success (just like last year) will regress and the team will drop below .500 before long. To celebrate being TIED for 1st with the Indians and Tigers in April is actually kind of sad. But go ahead, it may be the only thing you can celebrate this season.

It's fuck posts like this that fuels GD to come to Cubs threads and troll. Why do you even care that GD is enjoying his team? Are you such a self centered insufferable prick that you can only feel good about yourself by pissing all over others. It is guys like you that give Cubs fans a bad name.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
This team, just like last years team, is not a contender. Not for their division and not they did well (as I said) to hire Renteria as Manager. .
I think, that depsite the early start, this team will end up not doing as well as right now. To be this.good, this early, isnt what was up to par, with it being a season for the Sox to lose in, and this lousy ballpark. But celebrate Sox will fans, as they not will have things to celebrate Izzy Indonije about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
This team, just like last years team, is not a contender. Not for their division and not they did well (as I said) to hire Renteria as Manager. .
I think, that depsite the early start, this team will end up not doing as well as right now. To be this.good, this early, isnt what was up to par, with it being a season for the Sox to lose in, and this lousy ballpark. But celebrate Sox will fans, as they not will have things to celebrate Izzy Indonije about.

Drinking and posting is rarely a good idea. Read your last post when you are sober. Unless English is a second language for you, being drunk would be about the only justification for such an inarticulate post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sobriety is no accident.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Drinking and posting is rarely a good idea. Read your last post when you are sober. Unless English is a second language for you, being drunk would be about the only justification for such an inarticulate post.

He was mocking you. I realize you're not bright so I figured I'd help you out.

And drinking and posting is always a good idea.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

See, that's just being an asshole. Allthough, it's fine to treat Cardinals' fans that way, because they are inbred pig fuckers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Sole possession.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
12-9 with a +17 run differential. Hard to believe. Don't stop now boys!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sometimes plans don't go as expected.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Bump.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:13 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
good dolphin wrote:
I know it can't last but it is still nice.

Avisail Garcia wrote:
YEAH FUCK YOU TOO BUDDY!!!

Prince Fielder's Wife wrote:
BUT I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR BOO!!!!

seriously, do we thank prince fielder or his wife for avisail garcia? *shrug*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bump.
Yep.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
only good thing about Mat Latos is, he has a cat named Cat Latos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It's all gonna crash down in spectacular fashion eventually, but in the meantime it's fun watching the games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
It won't last and I'm perfectly fine with it. Just hope KW doesn't step in and interrupt Hahn's process because he thinks they are closer than they are.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
It's all gonna crash down in spectacular fashion eventually, but in the meantime it's fun watching the games.

and that's fine with me as any semblance of contention this year is just a bonus. I'm willing to wait long term for the prospects to get here before I really get emotionally invested.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Apologist wrote:
only good thing about Mat Latos is, he has a cat named Cat Latos

hot wife, too

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:14 am 

denisdman wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's fuck posts like this that fuels GD to come to Cubs threads and troll. Why do you even care that GD is enjoying his team? Are you such a self centered insufferable prick that you can only feel good about yourself by pissing all over others. It is guys like you that give Cubs fans a bad name.

Oh, and you can change the thread title to your 3rd place White Sox now.

So calling Bullshit, when someone says a team is a contender (like happened last season, when Sox fans were all giddy about being 10 games over .500 and in first place) is wrong? It would be better to let the delusion wear off on it's own, rather than pointing out all the reasons why the team was not going to continue to contend? Let them revel in their early success? Nah, not my style. I enjoy bursting their bubble and then referring back to my posts made early on that predicted what players would revert back to their career means and see dramatic declines in performance. Just like Chris Sale is on a great tear for Boston right now, with an ERA around 1.50. But he has a nice history of being best before August and not as good after. I predict he will be the starter in the All Star game for the American League but have a ERA over 4.00 in August and September.