http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/t ... ed-may-11/

1. Moncada

23. Lopez

24. Kopech

40. Giolito

51. Collins

No Fulmer.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Not a very good system.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
If you take away those 2 trades, all we have is the 51st best prospect in baseball, and that was from the last draft. Let that sink in......

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Fulmer blows, he's good for mop up duty, little else.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm 

Cashman wrote:
If you take away those 2 trades, all we have is the 51st best prospect in baseball, and that was from the last draft. Let that sink in......

That is the first thing EVERYONE sees. :x

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 pm 

Cashman wrote:

And they haven't developed a single position player since Ron Schueler was GM.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You can't take away the last two trades when evaluating their farm system as it is now. :lol: Also, while I agree they were not great at the position players they have been only drafting pitchers high for a while.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Talking about drafted by? Trying to think, but Crede and Rowand were Schueler weren't they. Came up in the Williams era though. Been awhile.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:04 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Talking about drafted by? Trying to think, but Crede and Rowand were Schueler weren't they. Came up in the Williams era though. Been awhile.

Those were the last 2, if memory servers me correctly.

Ozzie fucked both Beckham and Anderson up, buy being a dick to them. Beckham was suppose to be a #5 hitter, and fucking Ozzie bats him leadoff and #2....fucking moron. And as soon as Anderson started turning it around, I believe he benched him.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:12 pm 

juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Correct. They were drafted by Schueler.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm 

Giolito is 0-5 with a 7.31 ERA in the minors. I wouldn't expect him to be in the top 100 the next time a list comes out.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:16 pm 

juschill wrote:
Giolito is 0-5 with a 7.31 ERA in the minors. I wouldn't expect him to be in the top 100 the next time a list comes out.

Dan and Leery were talking about him. Saying that he has some mental block, that needs to be fixed. Who cares how he pans out. Hahn raped Washington in that trade. Giolito will be icing on the cake if he pans out.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:28 pm 

Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:

Dan and Leery were talking about him. Saying that he has some mental block, that needs to be fixed. Who cares how he pans out. Hahn raped Washington in that trade. Giolito will be icing on the cake if he pans out.

Just saying you're really down to 4 top 100 guys which is what 1/3 of the league should have. It's a sad state of affairs and I'd say the franchise is still in a free fall.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:32 am 

juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:

Just saying you're really down to 4 top 100 guys which is what 1/3 of the league should have. It's a sad state of affairs and I'd say the franchise is still in a free fall.

Dunning would probably be in the top 100. After they sign Robert and draft a "Stud/World Series" they will have 7+ by next year.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
juschill wrote:
It's a sad state of affairs and I'd say the franchise is still in a free fall.
Chill.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Ozzie fucked both Beckham and Anderson up, buy being a dick to them. Beckham was suppose to be a #5 hitter, and fucking Ozzie bats him leadoff and #2....fucking moron. And as soon as Anderson started turning it around, I believe he benched him.

Yeah... :roll: Ozzie created that gaping hole in Beckham's swing.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
actually the pitching looks pretty good. several guys doing pretty well in AA.

The hitters, not so much. have to go to A ball to find anyone but Moncada.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Look at his college stats and his 1st year stats.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 am 

They have five guys in the top 51 including number 1. Giolito is being rebuild so I don't think his stats are that important yet.

This list does not include Burdi, Hansen or Dunning who have all performed well this year. Not sure how people are saying that their minor leagues are a disaster. It's in the top ten on most rankings.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
They have five guys in the top 51 including number 1. Giolito is being rebuild so I don't think his stats are that important yet.

This list does not include Burdi, Hansen or Dunning who have all performed well this year. Not sure how people are saying that their minor leagues are a disaster. It's in the top ten on most rankings.

Is the answer because Cub fans hate the Sox?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It's a middle third system. Without Moncada it's bottom third. Very little in the way of notable position players. The Sox are just going to create a newer version of their old selves, a handful of really good players surrounded by a sea of trash. Desperate acquisitions of guys like Samardzija, Frazier, Dunn etc. will continue as the lack of depth moving up through the system leaves them barren at half their positions.

Their best hope is to develop these arms, and I'm really not worried that they won't (yet) despite the early season disappointmemts from Kopech, Lopez and Gioltio. But there is still a lack of pitching depth across the system and I'm not sure a stud 1 through 5, plus a lights out pen, can be created out of what they have currently.

It's really not a good long term outlook at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:00 pm 

America wrote:
It's a middle third system. Without Moncada it's bottom third. Very little in the way of notable position players. The Sox are just going to create a newer version of their old selves, a handful of really good players surrounded by a sea of trash. Desperate acquisitions of guys like Samardzija, Frazier, Dunn etc. will continue as the lack of depth moving up through the system leaves them barren at half their positions.

Their best hope is to develop these arms, and I'm really not worried that they won't (yet) despite the early season disappointmemts from Kopech, Lopez and Gioltio. But there is still a lack of pitching depth across the system and I'm not sure a stud 1 through 5, plus a lights out pen, can be created out of what they have currently.

It's really not a good long term outlook at the moment.

Kopech and Lopez are disappointments? This is taking by far the most possible negative outlook. The system is rated in the top ten by most.
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2017/2/2 ... m-rankings

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mlb- ... ite-122616

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2 ... xWCrw4A.97

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Cashman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Look at his college stats and his 1st year stats.

Look at Schwarber's . The big leagues ain't for pussies. They figure out how to pitch you. There are countless guys that looked like Babe Ruth their first time through the league. It's a game of time and repetition.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-100-prospects-updated-may-11/

1. Moncada

23. Lopez

24. Kopech

40. Giolito

51. Collins

No Fulmer.

It's a great start to the rebuilt, but need to cash in on Quintana.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Look at Schwarber's . The big leagues ain't for pussies. They figure out how to pitch you. There are countless guys that looked like Babe Ruth their first time through the league. It's a game of time and repetition.

I am not disagreeing. I am saying, I think it was more to do with the manager. You have to admit, Ozzie would pick 1-2 players to be in his doghouse each year. Beckham was a doubles hitter with about 15-20hr potential, and was put in positions to sacrifice himself.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:28 am 

BD wrote:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-100-prospects-updated-may-11/

1. Moncada

23. Lopez

24. Kopech

40. Giolito

51. Collins

No Fulmer.

It's a great start to the rebuilt, but need to cash in on Quintana.

I agree when his value is up. But, considering his contract and what he is, I don't think they have any intention to trade him.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beckham is a dime a dozen, utility guy who can't hit. He's gotten 3100 at bats, he is what he is, .240 hitter with a poor on base %.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Cashman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am not disagreeing. I am saying, I think it was more to do with the manager. You have to admit, Ozzie would pick 1-2 players to be in his doghouse each year. Beckham was a doubles hitter with about 15-20hr potential, and was put in positions to sacrifice himself.

Beckham was never in Ozzie's doghouse. Ozzie tried to downplay the hype to protect the kid when he first came up. He never called him "Bacon" either. The reporters were too fuckin' dumb to grasp that the way a native Spanish speaker pronounces "Beckham" is "Bay-kahm" and those dummies thought he was saying "Bacon".

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beckham was never in Ozzie's doghouse. Ozzie tried to downplay the hype to protect the kid when he first came up.

It was Brian Anderson he never really cared for right?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:19 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beckham was never in Ozzie's doghouse. Ozzie tried to downplay the hype to protect the kid when he first came up.

It was Brian Anderson he never really cared for right?

HATED him. Punching Ozzie's asshole kid in the face forever sealed BA's fate with the Sox.