It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beckham was never in Ozzie's doghouse. Ozzie tried to downplay the hype to protect the kid when he first came up.

It was Brian Anderson he never really cared for right?

HATED him. Punching Ozzie's asshole kid in the face forever sealed BA's fate with the Sox.

Yeah, and beyond that the organization had concerns about the partying Anderson and McCarthy were doing. They were like Mickey and Whitey without the aptitude for baseball.

Ozzie also hated Swisher. And he hung an unfair label on Javier Vazquez. So Kenny gave those guys away for nothing.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beckham was never in Ozzie's doghouse. Ozzie tried to downplay the hype to protect the kid when he first came up.

HATED him. Punching Ozzie's asshole kid in the face forever sealed BA's fate with the Sox.

Yeah, and beyond that the organization had concerns about the partying Anderson and McCarthy were doing. They were like Mickey and Whitey without the aptitude for baseball.

Ozzie also hated Swisher. And he hung an unfair label on Javier Vazquez. So Kenny gave those guys away for nothing.

To be fair, though, I think everyone hated Swisher. It's not just that he ran afoul of the Buehrle-Konerko clique. Oh, yeah, Ozzie let the Buehrle-Konerko clique thing happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

To be fair, though, I think everyone hated Swisher. It's not just that he ran afoul of the Buehrle-Konerko clique. Oh, yeah, Ozzie let the Buehrle-Konerko clique thing happen.

They gave up a ton for that bum.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:30 am 

Cashman wrote:
Dan and Leery were talking about him. Saying that he has some mental block, that needs to be fixed. Who cares how he pans out. Hahn raped Washington in that trade. Giolito will be icing on the cake if he pans out.

I wouldn't exactly say "raped". Lopez has a 3.55 ERA in the minors. The other guy is just a Class A guy. I know Eaton is out for the year but I wouldn't say "raped". Giolitio (the way he's looking) and Dunning may never play for the White Sox so you're left with a guy who has a 3.55 ERA in the minors for Eaton. Not exactly a "raping".

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Dan and Leery were talking about him. Saying that he has some mental block, that needs to be fixed. Who cares how he pans out. Hahn raped Washington in that trade. Giolito will be icing on the cake if he pans out.

I wouldn't exactly say "raped". Lopez has a 3.55 ERA in the minors. The other guy is just a Class A guy. I know Eaton is out for the year but I wouldn't say "raped". Giolitio (the way he's looking) and Dunning may never play for the White Sox so you're left with a guy who has a 3.55 ERA in the minors for Eaton. Not exactly a "raping".

My god a 3.55 ERA? What trash. Mine as well just cut him now. And no one has every made it from Class A to the majors before...

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:11 pm 

juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Eaton is not a game changer. Nothing to do with the injury.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

My god a 3.55 ERA? What trash. Mine as well just cut him now. And no one has every made it from Class A to the majors before...

Got to keep reminding myself I'm dealing with DWF's...

Ok ... please read the comments before commenting. What would indicate I advocated cutting the one or the other would absolutely never make the majors?

The comment said it was not a "raping". They didn't get Clayton Kershaw for Adam Eaton. They got a couple potential serviceable big leaguers for Adam Eaton. Unless they traded Hawk Harrelson for these two it could hardly be considered a "raping".

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 pm 

Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Are the two they got game changers? Potentially serviceable major leaguers. None are a number one of a semi-decent pitching staff.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm 

juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Are the two they got game changers? Potentially serviceable major leaguers. None are a number one of a semi-decent pitching staff.

Did I say they were game changers? Eaton is nothing special. What they got has a lot more potential than Eaton. All 3 arms have rotation written all over them. I am sure as soon as Coop is able to work with Giolito, things will get better. Dunning is looking good. Lopez will come along, imo.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm 

Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Did I say they were game changers? Eaton is nothing special. What they got has a lot more potential than Eaton. All 3 arms have rotation written all over them. I am sure as soon as Coop is able to work with Giolito, things will get better. Dunning is looking good. Lopez will come along, imo.

It was implied. Eaton is nothing special but in order for it to be a "raping" I'd expect that you'd have at least one game changer. Not a nothing-special guy for a couple of nothing-special guys. It seems to me to be a trade in which both teams were generally happy. Unfortunately for Washington Eaton got hurt. It's nothing that should make Washington out to be a bunch of fools for trading away a couple of middle of the road prospects, one of whom certainly doesn't seem to be panning out at this point.

I admit I don't see the fascination with Don Cooper. He wasn't able to do anything really with Gavin Floyd or John Danks and I don't see much else that separates him from your average pitching coach in the major leagues. He's certainly better than any hitting coach that's come through the White Sox organization but they haven't had a Cy Young Award winner since 1993 so he's performed few, if any, miracles.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:55 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Ok ... please read the comments before commenting. What would indicate I advocated cutting the one or the other would absolutely never make the majors?

The comment said it was not a "raping". They didn't get Clayton Kershaw for Adam Eaton. They got a couple potential serviceable big leaguers for Adam Eaton. Unless they traded Hawk Harrelson for these two it could hardly be considered a "raping".

You painted details in as negative and ridiculous a way as possible. Why is a 3.55 ERA in the minors at this point of the season something to be concerned over? Dunning was recently promoted because he was dominating.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:58 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

You painted details in as negative and ridiculous a way as possible. Why is a 3.55 ERA in the minor at this point of the season something to be concerned over? Dunning was recently promoted because he was dominating.

I'm not concerned. I don't think they got world beaters for Adam Eaton. They got some serviceable guys for a serviceable guy. It was more of a meh-type of trade. I'm not sure why people insist it was nearly the trade of the century. They didn't get any number one ace's in the deal.

I think the ridiculous way of painting the trade was to call it a "raping". It was closer to a yawner.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

You painted details in as negative and ridiculous a way as possible. Why is a 3.55 ERA in the minor at this point of the season something to be concerned over? Dunning was recently promoted because he was dominating.

I'm not concerned. I don't think they got world beaters for Adam Eaton. They got some serviceable guys for a serviceable guy. It was more of a meh-type of trade. I'm not sure why people insist it was nearly the trade of the century. They didn't get any number one ace's in the deal.

I think the ridiculous way of painting the trade was to call it a "raping". It was closer to a yawner.

I hope at least two of the three are better than Schwarber. Looks good so far.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

My hope as well. Not sure how you transitioned into that comparison. Seems like you're setting the bar a little low.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

My hope as well. Not sure how you transitioned into that comparison. Seems like you're setting the bar a little low.

So angry. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why would I be angry?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why would I be angry?

Because the "Cub Dynasty" lasted a single season.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why would I be angry?

Because the "Cub Dynasty" lasted a single season.

Dear Lord you have the wrong impression. I hope the earth opens up and swallows the entire Wrigley area and that stupid manager and every stupid Cubs fan with them. I'm certainly happy that Santo wasn't around to make it more unbearable than it already was.

I'm also unattached enough now that I have nobody to root for anymore since the White Sox became irrelevant in this stupid town to be able to honestly assess an average trade.

(Must keep reminding myself I'm dealing with DWF's...)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm 

juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:
juschill wrote:
Cashman wrote:

It was implied. Eaton is nothing special but in order for it to be a "raping" I'd expect that you'd have at least one game changer. Not a nothing-special guy for a couple of nothing-special guys. It seems to me to be a trade in which both teams were generally happy. Unfortunately for Washington Eaton got hurt. It's nothing that should make Washington out to be a bunch of fools for trading away a couple of middle of the road prospects, one of whom certainly doesn't seem to be panning out at this point.

I admit I don't see the fascination with Don Cooper. He wasn't able to do anything really with Gavin Floyd or John Danks and I don't see much else that separates him from your average pitching coach in the major leagues. He's certainly better than any hitting coach that's come through the White Sox organization but they haven't had a Cy Young Award winner since 1993 so he's performed few, if any, miracles.

Gavin Floyd was a failed prospect taken off the scrap heap who Cooper developed into a 10+ year MLB starting pitcher. Now, you can say Floyd never met the lofty status he had as a Phillie super prospect but you cannot say that his career path wasn't changed when he met Cooper.

Also, not necessarily directed at you but Eaton is a special player. I think both sides of this argument are underestimating what was given and received in that trade.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Also, not necessarily directed at you but Eaton is a special player. I think both sides of this argument are underestimating what was given and received in that trade.

You are certainly level-headed. I think Eaton is a pretty good, young player who could be an all-star, was on Kenny Williams enemies list, and was traded for some guys that could potentially be serviceable players, hopefully. It was far from highway robbery.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This piling on of Schwarber is hilarious :lol:
Not that I would engage in such an activity...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm 

juschill wrote:
[
You are certainly level-headed. .

I think this is important to quote for the rest of the board to see.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:43 pm 

juschill wrote:

These guys are all blue chip prospects. Why do you think there are "serviceable" at best? You think they will not have good careers? Based on what?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:24 pm 

juschill wrote:

These guys are all blue chip prospects. Why do you think there are "serviceable" at best? You think they will not have good careers? Based on what?

Based on what I've seen so far. Based on recent White Sox history. The only blue chip players they've developed in the last 10 years pitch for Boston and Washington right now. That's it. Two in 10 years. Two. In a decade. Before that the players were drafted by the previous GM. I'll believe they are good players at the major league level when it actually happens. Until then I'll assume they are busts in waiting. History is on that side.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:

Based on what I've seen so far. Based on recent White Sox history. The only blue chip players they've developed in the last 10 years pitch for Boston and Washington right now. That's it. Two in 10 years. Two. In a decade. Before that the players were drafted by the previous GM. I'll believe they are good players at the major league level when it actually happens. Until then I'll assume they are busts in waiting. History is on that side.

This makes literally no sense. Your argument has changed now from these are not top prospects despite their rankings to the White Sox cannot develop players. You have some odd personal standard that you have failed to define. And blue chip is a reference to potential. It does not mean that they will become great major league players, but what similarly ranked prospects have the White Sox failed to develop in the past ten years?

If you do not have talent in the system it is difficult to get it to produce.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:40 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:

This makes literally no sense. Your argument has changed now from these are not top prospects despite their rankings to the White Sox cannot develop players. You have some odd personal standard that you have failed to define. And blue chip is a reference to potential. It does not mean that they will become great major league players, but what similarly ranked prospects have the White Sox failed to develop in the past ten years?

I don't understand either. I think everything they have received in both trades, was pretty much blue chipper prospects.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Eaton is very good. If the prospects they received for him aren't good MLB players the trade was a disaster. Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:54 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:

We seem to be going in circles but the argument hasn't changed. You said it was a raping. I didn't consider a pretty good player like Eaton for a guy who can't find his fastball and a 7 ERA, another with a 3.55 ERA at AAA, and a class A guy to be a raping. An equal trade on all sides perhaps. Iffffff the White Sox can develop these guys to be productive major leaguers. Which they haven't proved they can do. So it isn't not, nor has it ever been, a "rape" of Washington.

Gordon Beckham and Viciedo were can't miss prospects who missed. So was Bryan Anderson. So was that 2014 first round pick that is a complete bust.

God help DWFs from themselves.

Last edited by juschill on Mon May 15, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Eaton is very good. If the prospects they received for him aren't good MLB players the trade was a disaster. Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous.

You are a smart baseball fan.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 pm 

juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:
juschill wrote:

We seem to be going in circles but the argument hasn't changed. You said it was a raping. I didn't consider a pretty good player like Eaton for a guy who can't find his fastball and a 7 ERA, another with a 3.55 ERA at AAA, and a class A guy to be a raping. An equal trade on all sides perhaps. Iffffff the White Sox can develop these guys to be productive major leaguers. Which they haven't proved they can do. So it isn't not, nor has it ever been, a "rape" of Washington.

Gordon Beckham and Viciedo were can't miss prospects who missed. So was Bryan Anderson. So was that 2014 first round pick that is a complete bust.

God help DWFs from themselves.

I never said it was a raping. You keep saying stupid things then keep going back to this DWF tripe.

What was the highest ranking for Beckham or Viciedo? I do not recall either being a can't miss prospect. Beckham was a first round pick who was rushed to the majors.

These pitchers are highly regarded by the publications, and the White Sox have a track record of developing or fixing starting pitchers. Why does the class of the prospect matter? Why is a 3.55 era indicative that he will not be a good pitcher? They are reworking Giolito, so it's basically like spring training for him. Their futures are uncertain, but you seem to be dismissing them using shaky logic at best.

The Missing Link wrote: