It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I just bit the bullet on two tickets for the June 1 game. I'm off that day, so I can grab my dad and head into the city for an early Father's Day present.

Two Gold Box seats (128 on the aisle) and a Red lot parking pass for $68.50. I just couldn't pass that up.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I don't like buying tickets this early in the season in advance after being fucked over by a Memorial Day DH at Wrigley about 30 years ago when it was 40 degrees out with 25 mph winds off the lake.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Thats a good price, should have great weather too.. Low 80s.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
HawaiiYou wrote:
So on my Chicago Trip this summer I may visit Sox Park just to get it in. But few questions :

1.Will I get beat up? I don't intend to wear any Cubs gear or any baseball gear. I hell won't wear any Sox gear. Im sure i'll stand out, but would that mean my ass for lunch by the Sox fans?

2.Is the upper deck really that high? I plan to buy the cheapest seat and work my way down if possible.

3.Is the food really that good? All I hear about the ballpark is that the food is great. But my source is Larry Holmes from the Score.

4.Bathrooms clean for the most part?

Don't arrive too early.

CHICAGO—As part of an effort to boost attendance by offering a more up-close-and-personal experience, the Chicago White Sox announced a new promotion Thursday that puts the first nine fans arriving at the ballpark in the starting lineup. “Starting next week, we will bring down several lucky fans for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet their favorite players on the field and then take their place in the starting lineup for a full nine innings,” said team Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, adding that each of the fans will receive a complimentary hat, pair of cleats, and scouting reports before representing the White Sox against the best players in the Major Leagues. “Fans should try and make it as early as possible, because the very first person we see in the parking lot will be thrown onto the mound for the chance to go seven innings as our starting pitcher, while one honors student from a local school will fulfill his big-league dreams by managing the team. And don’t worry if you can’t make it this week, because this promotion will be running for every White Sox home game this season.” Reinsdorf added that a few people would enjoy the unforgettable memories of representing the White Sox while also providing a much better experience for fans watching in the stands.

https://sports.theonion.com/white-sox-p ... 1825752230

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Seacrest wrote:
Going to the game tonight.

Where are you sitting FElla?

Sorry, Seacrest just saw this now. We just got home a bit ago. Section 128 - Row 22. Went to the patio beforehand and Mrs Fella got Joey Gallo to toss her a ball over that fence during warmups. I love that park. Patio food/drink was good. It was cold and rainy but enjoyed myself. Mrs Fella not so much. She spent a lot of time in the corridors and shops to stay warm. We were close to the plate and Delmonico let out a moan and grunt when that ball hit him. Sounded like a chicken bone being cracked in half. That was brutal. Caught a foul ball after it plunked a poor lady in the head, ricochet off her husband's glasses and knocked the lens out. I felt terrible for them so I gave him the ball. We already had one from pregame anyway. Thanks again to all for the feedback!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Godfella wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Going to the game tonight.

Where are you sitting FElla?

Sorry, Seacrest just saw this now. We just got home a bit ago. Section 128 - Row 22. Went to the patio beforehand and Mrs Fella got Joey Gallo to toss her a ball over that fence during warmups. I love that park. Patio food/drink was good. It was cold and rainy but enjoyed myself. Mrs Fella not so much. She spent a lot of time in the corridors and shops to stay warm. We were close to the plate and Delmonico let out a moan and grunt when that ball hit him. Sounded like a chicken bone being cracked in half. That was brutal. Caught a foul ball after it plunked a poor lady in the head, ricochet off her husband's glasses and knocked the lens out. I felt terrible for them so I gave him the ball. We already had one from pregame anyway. Thanks again to all for the feedback!

Seacrest... he was the other guy there tonight

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am 

Would have liked to meet you and gladly buy you a beer from the Craft Kave, Seacrest.

Hope you guys had a good time Friday night.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Godfella wrote:
Would have liked to meet you and gladly buy you a beer from the Craft Kave, Seacrest.

Sorry we missed you. Glad to see Fulmer get optioned. He was brutal.

Ending up sitting in the row adjacent to the Sox dugout behind the on deck area.

Tow of the four were tossed balls by Moncada and Abreu and all enjoyed talking baseball.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Sorry we missed you. Glad to see Fulmer get optioned. He was brutal.

Ending up sitting in the row adjacent to the Sox dugout behind the on deck area.

Tow of the four were tossed balls by Moncada and Abreu and all enjoyed talking baseball.

Great interacting with the players. They seem to really engage and enjoy. That goes a long way with fans especially the kids for sure.

That first inning took forever. The roar of the crowd was hilarious when Fulmer threw his first actual called strike :lol: ... and it looked like a ball from our perspective. Even the ump had enough!

Those vendors sold more hot chocolate by us than beer. That really is a beautiful underrated ballpark. Mrs Fella liked it a lot - her first time at The Rate/US Cellular/New Comiskey.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The lower bowl is a fine park. I always enjoy going there, but no way I head down there today...just nasty out.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
HawaiiYou wrote:
So on my Chicago Trip this summer I may visit Sox Park just to get it in. But few questions :

1.Will I get beat up? I don't intend to wear any Cubs gear or any baseball gear. I hell won't wear any Sox gear. Im sure i'll stand out, but would that mean my ass for lunch by the Sox fans?

2.Is the upper deck really that high? I plan to buy the cheapest seat and work my way down if possible.

3.Is the food really that good? All I hear about the ballpark is that the food is great. But my source is Larry Holmes from the Score.

4.Bathrooms clean for the most part?

you get a free-ass T-shirt on Thursdays.

you get dollar hot dogs on Wednesdays.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I'm going to the Sox game on Sunday; I'm wondering what is the best way to get back onto I-55S from the main parking lot?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FrankDrebin wrote:
I'm going to the Sox game on Sunday; I'm wondering what is the best way to get back onto I-55S from the main parking lot?

Closest is get back on the Ryan going north at 31st and connect to south 55 there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Closest is get back on the Ryan going north at 31st and connect to south 55 there.

Thanks