It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigitos
...So if you have a 500 level ticket and a Scratch and Win ticket, then go to guest relations, by the 7th inning you can sit in section 100? Sounds like a great night

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
thewatcher wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
So on my Chicago Trip this summer I may visit Sox Park just to get it in. But few questions :

1.Will I get beat up? I don't intend to wear any Cubs gear or any baseball gear. I hell won't wear any Sox gear. Im sure i'll stand out, but would that mean my ass for lunch by the Sox fans?

2.Is the upper deck really that high? I plan to buy the cheapest seat and work my way down if possible.

3.Is the food really that good? All I hear about the ballpark is that the food is great. But my source is Larry Holmes from the Score.

4.Bathrooms clean for the most part?

1) No - If the Cubs are not playing the Sox @ The Cell that day - leave your Cubs gear at home- that's just asking for trouble & dumb - My advise - pay attention, don't talk shit, don't speak unless spoken to - and you will be ok -

2) The upper deck is not that bad -

3) Food is ok - But why eat at the park other than maybe a hotdog - I grab char dog from Maurie Omallys on the walk in and am ok til after the game -

4) Never had an issue with bathrooms - they are what they are -

The Cell!?! How old are you?

It is called Comiskey!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Why so many negative sounding names for this ballpark?

Comiskey - named for a cheapskate.
New Comiskey - a new way of being cheap
The Cell - jail
The Rate - who enjoys looking up rates?

Just be done with it and get Preperation H as your next stadium name sponsor.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Never a problem wearing Bears gear, or non-gear for that matter.

I have enjoyed the upper deck behind home plate with the family, great view of the park, chances for foul balls for the kids, easy amenities.

With the guys, we try for section 107 right behind the bar. I think is was $24 last time. Easy entry and exit from the park to the car and all the amenities of the OF mezzanine.

Hope you have fun!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
3) Food is ok - But why eat at the park other than maybe a hotdog - I grab char dog from Maurie Omallys on the walk in and am ok til after the game -

That place sucks. It's also not reliably open.

You suck.

It's only not open on most Sundays.

Plus it's under new ownership.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:34 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You suck.

3 Wisemen?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:12 pm 

IN DUE TIME

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The Park sucks....if you have front row seats you have to take this winding breezeway all the way to the top then walk all the way down...not fan friendly reminds one of the shit Oakland Coliseum :twisted:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
The White Sox have embraced the craft beer revolution, and now they’re embracing Revolution Brewing, which will operate a branded bar along the left field line at Guaranteed Rate Field for at least the next two seasons.

Revolution, which had nine draft handles at the ballpark last year, will see a marked expansion at Sox games in 2018 and beyond: 38 draft handles, plus eight more taps at the bar in what was previously a private event space only occasionally open to the public.

What will be dubbed the Revolution Brewing #SoxSocial Tap Room will be open to all ticket holders and will sport a social media focus, including a wall of screens displaying White Sox social media channels, ample outlets for fans to charge their phones and a designated spot for selfies.

Thanks to a two-year marketing deal, Revolution will be well-represented in the #SoxSocial Tap Room, where taps will pour several beers ready-made for baseball, including the brewery’s flagship Anti-Hero IPA, Fist City Chicago Pale Ale, Rev Pils Chicago Pilsner and Sun Crusher Hoppy Wheat Ale.

Tap handles will also be reserved for beers unimaginable in a Chicago ballpark even five years ago: Revolution’s rotating series of “Hero” IPAs (first up: Galaxy Hero), beers made at Revolution’s brewpub on Milwaukee Avenue and Deth’s Tar, an imperial oatmeal stout aged in bourbon barrels that’s a bruising 14.8 percent alcohol. Ballpark prices were not yet available.

Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
The White Sox have embraced the craft beer revolution, and now they’re embracing Revolution Brewing, which will operate a branded bar along the left field line at Guaranteed Rate Field for at least the next two seasons.

Revolution, which had nine draft handles at the ballpark last year, will see a marked expansion at Sox games in 2018 and beyond: 38 draft handles, plus eight more taps at the bar in what was previously a private event space only occasionally open to the public.

What will be dubbed the Revolution Brewing #SoxSocial Tap Room will be open to all ticket holders and will sport a social media focus, including a wall of screens displaying White Sox social media channels, ample outlets for fans to charge their phones and a designated spot for selfies.

Thanks to a two-year marketing deal, Revolution will be well-represented in the #SoxSocial Tap Room, where taps will pour several beers ready-made for baseball, including the brewery’s flagship Anti-Hero IPA, Fist City Chicago Pale Ale, Rev Pils Chicago Pilsner and Sun Crusher Hoppy Wheat Ale.

Tap handles will also be reserved for beers unimaginable in a Chicago ballpark even five years ago: Revolution’s rotating series of “Hero” IPAs (first up: Galaxy Hero), beers made at Revolution’s brewpub on Milwaukee Avenue and Deth’s Tar, an imperial oatmeal stout aged in bourbon barrels that’s a bruising 14.8 percent alcohol. Ballpark prices were not yet available.

Nice.

Yeah, this is a very good thing...and they already had a really good beer selection there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 am 

MORE beeEr for yor BACON on a stik!?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Nice.

Yeah, this is a very good thing...and they already had a really good beer selection there.

Ya, only negative is "Revolution Brewing #SoxSocial Tap Room" is a burrito name

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You suck.

:lol: Tell whichever one of your Bridgeport buddies bought it from that asshole cop that he should have regular hours. And if you're gonna run a hot dog stand, do that and stop worrying about gouging idiots that are too dumb to realize any bar will give you a parking pass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Marz Brewing just opened up a taproom in the neighborhood. An alternative to tailgating around dudes in Beckham jersey shirts.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/2/23/170 ... mages-beer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You suck.

:lol: Tell whichever one of your Bridgeport buddies bought it from that asshole cop that he should have regular hours. And if you're gonna run a hot dog stand, do that and stop worrying about gouging idiots that are too dumb to realize any bar will give you a parking pass.

Sal knows. They make a pretty penny gouging idiots on parking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
McCareins_Fan wrote:
Marz Brewing just opened up a taproom in the neighborhood. An alternative to tailgating around dudes in Beckham jersey shirts.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/2/23/170 ... mages-beer

Anyone who can grab the fox behind the bar at Maria's and bring it to me gets $100 cash.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You suck.

I married my wife strictly to get a parking pass on 35th and Emerald.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
tommy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You suck.

I married my wife strictly to get a parking pass on 35th and Emerald.

So you received a green card to park :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

So you received a green card to park :-D

Ha! That is pretty much true--literally and figuratively.

She married me for my body, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Nice.

Yikes.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Heading up on Friday - it will always be "Comiskey Park" to me.

Meeting our daughter for lunch in Little Italy and then going to Italian Heritage Night against Texas.

We got the whole deal... good seats, parking pass and the patio tickets with full buffet. Yeah, I know it's like an indoor picnic/lunchroom thing.

It's been a few years since I was up there and I'm excited. Mrs. Fella has never been to the new park. She liked our trip to Wrigley a couple years back so I want to see which place she likes better.

Anybody do the patio/buffet thing before? How was it?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Godfella wrote:

Meeting our daughter for lunch in Little Italy and then going to Italian Heritage Night against Texas.

We got the whole deal... good seats, parking pass and the patio tickets with full buffet. Yeah, I know it's like an indoor picnic/lunchroom thing.

It's been a few years since I was up there and I'm excited. Mrs. Fella has never been to the new park. She liked our trip to Wrigley a couple years back so I want to see which place she likes better.

I went quite a few years ago and it was OK.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If there's a big crowd and you have a 500 level seat you may not be able to get down to the 100 level. I think you can get a bleacher seat for $14 for most games. I'd do that so you can get downstairs.

did they finally let up on the ultra-security after the ligue family ran on the field and assaulted the royals? after that happened i remember they had people positioned at all of the general entrances from the escalators and they'd make sure you had a 100 level ticket to get into the lower concourse.

when they used to do those scratch and win mondays or whatever i won a free pair of tickets to a game so i had to redeem that in the lower concourse, which of course let me into the lower concourse and once i was there i just stayed down there for the rest of the game despite my 500 level ticket. working your way down during a game is an artform, it's just that comiskey had the bottleneck of nearly-mandatory ticket checks just to get access to the respective deck (i.e. the "beers of the world" excuse didn't have as much mileage as it used to)

also, i can report that parking in the neighborhood entails a walk, but it's not bad at all like many would assume. it's not like your parking in a neighborhood @ cicero/lake or something... and on the walk down 35th you'll pass a bunch of food places, but i always hit up that one little vienna beef joint right before the viaduct cuz you'll get a better deal on the food (which you can still bring into the park, right?) than you would in the stadium.

in the stadium i always dug the bratwurst with a whole bunch of sauerkraut, for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Godfella wrote:

"New park"? :D - it's older than the "obsolete" one the D'Bags want to get away from.

The patio is OK - nothing special. Unlimited mediocre burgers, wienies, fried chicken, "spicy" fried chicken, potato salad, etc., plus unlimited pisswater beer and wine until the end of the first inning (IIRC). The food quality isn't even close to wat you can get elsewhere in the park, but you're not spending $6 a burger or $8 a beer, either.

If you get in early enough, you can sit by the outfield and watch the opposing team's players stretch, run, and grab each others' asses.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
:lol: Yeah, I guess I said new park because she's only been to original Comiskey.

Thanks for the good info, guys. Appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm 

Godfella wrote:

I ate like a pig. I don't drink, unfortunately, but everyone I was with always drinks enough to make it worth it. I was at one last year when Konerko spoke--really cool.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Godfella wrote:

"New park"? :D - it's older than the "obsolete" one the D'Bags want to get away from.

The patio is OK - nothing special. Unlimited mediocre burgers, wienies, fried chicken, "spicy" fried chicken, potato salad, etc., plus unlimited pisswater beer and wine until the end of the first inning (IIRC). The food quality isn't even close to wat you can get elsewhere in the park, but you're not spending $6 a burger or $8 a beer, either.

If you get in early enough, you can sit by the outfield and watch the opposing team's players stretch, run, and grab each others' asses.

Nothing special but on the other hand, really not bad. Chicken was excellent.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The fried chicken is good, but you're way better off tailgating seeing as you are driving there.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Godfella wrote:

It's decent for a patio/buffet thing...I used to work with the Bertucci's sister...good lady.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Going to the game tonight.

Where are you sitting FElla?