It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bring back Oz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The players are actively calling for someone just like him. Reynaldo Lopez just called his own team, and himself, a bunch of clowns. They are craving discipline and accountability. Nobody is being "developed", they are being coddled. Guillen still has the fire, he can whip these guys into shape.

Its time to bury the hatchet.

Post subject: Re: Bring back Oz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
America wrote:
The players are actively calling for someone just like him. Reynaldo Lopez just called his own team, and himself, a bunch of clowns. They are craving discipline and accountability. Nobody is being "developed", they are being coddled. Guillen still has the fire, he can whip these guys into shape.

Its time to bury the hatchet.

Fire n da Passion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I've said for years that I think Ozzie will be the manager of the White Sox again...twice.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don’t think it’s gonna happen because the front office are fucking clowns but yes this would be the smart move.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It won't happen because I doubt he wants to go back on the road all the time again.

Ideally the organization would have managers in the minors who have taught the young talent throughout the system and then promote them. I don't know if that's the case though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:11 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It won't happen because I doubt he wants to go back on the road all the time again.

Ideally the organization would have managers in the minors who have taught the young talent throughout the system and then promote them. I don't know if that's the case though.

Based on his interviews I'm about 97% sure he would take the job again immediately if offered it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:17 pm 

He can always be brought back. He brought Jerry his crown, for that he's always going to be family. He may be a little contentious in this political climate, perhaps get to speaking his mind and cause some issues, but they just need someone to come in and change the culture. And that's kind of what we all love about Ozzie anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Based on his interviews I'm about 97% sure he would take the job again immediately if offered it.

If he wants to come back, by all means get him back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:18 pm 

America wrote:
He can always be brought back. He brought Jerry his crown, for that he's always going to be family. He may be a little contentious in this political climate, perhaps get to speaking his mind and cause some issues, but they just need someone to come in and change the culture. And that's kind of what we all love about Ozzie anyways.

You just want to hear him call Dan Bernstein a burrito.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 pm 

Renteria is a loser but Ozzie isn’t the answer either. He’s a lunatic. He’ll never manage again. He didn’t just burn bridges he incinerated them. No one is going to put their name on him. He’s toxic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:22 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

That would be Omar Vizquel who they are grooming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:28 pm 

Vizquel seems like a nice guy but I sense he's got too much Ricky/Robin-nice-guy-aw-shucks in him. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he's really moving past being a player and towards being a coach. Thome is another guy they seem to be keeping around and grooming for the role.

The thing about Guillen is I know what he'll do to these players. Yoan Moncada's strikeout rate will go 10% with Oz around. Lucas Giolito may not find velocity but he'll sure as shit find the zone. Tim Anderson will start making the easy ones or Oz will physically choke him in the dugout. He wont tolerate all this garbage. Can you say the same about Omar Vizquel or Jim Thome? Maybe? Oz was a player too at one point so who knows. But maybe isn't "yes" and next year is seriously critical to this whole operation so the less things they leave to chance the better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:32 pm 

America wrote:
Vizquel seems like a nice guy but I sense he's got too much Ricky/Robin-nice-guy-aw-shucks in him. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he's really moving past being a player and towards being a coach. Thome is another guy they seem to be keeping around and grooming for the role.

The thing about Guillen is I know what he'll do to these players. Yoan Moncada's strikeout rate will go 10% with Oz around. Lucas Giolito may not find velocity but he'll sure as shit find the zone. Tim Anderson will start making the easy ones or Oz will physically choke him in the dugout. He wont tolerate all this garbage. Can you say the same about Omar Vizquel or Jim Thome? Maybe? Oz was a player too at one point so who knows. But maybe isn't "yes" and next year is seriously critical to this whole operation so the less things they leave to chance the better.

You would think Konerko would be another guy they wanted to groom, but I believe he's still enjoying retirement in Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 pm 

I think Jerry loves Paulie more than Jerry loves his own children, but Paulie isn't coming back. He enjoys his life in Scottsdale golfing and taking the kids to school. What you may see eventually is Paulie having some days in the booth or maybe hanging out for Spring Training, but he's not hitting the road again. He doesn't have that in him and he certainly doesn't need the scratch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 pm 

I want AJ but that's not gonna happen as long as Hahn is Generally Managing. Whoo boy they no likey each other. Super Joe could very well be the next guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tamper with the Rays and get Kevin Cash.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think Pierzynski will be the next manager. I didn't know about his beef with Hahn but maybe Jerry will step in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Let the photos be old.

Let them show what they want.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Keyser Soze wrote:
Renteria is a loser but Ozzie isn’t the answer either. He’s a lunatic. He’ll never manage again. He didn’t just burn bridges he incinerated them. No one is going to put their name on him. He’s toxic.

I agree. It would be one thing if this was team of veteran players who could tolerate his bullshit but he is not the kind of manager for young players.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 am 

America wrote:
I think Jerry loves Paulie more than Jerry loves his own children, but Paulie isn't coming back. He enjoys his life in Scottsdale golfing and taking the kids to school. What you may see eventually is Paulie having some days in the booth or maybe hanging out for Spring Training, but he's not hitting the road again. He doesn't have that in him and he certainly doesn't need the scratch.

I love Paulie as much as I have any Sox player but I don't think that he would ever want to be a manager either. My vote would be to bring AJ in as manager. At least he'd be entertaining. Can you visualize his beefs with umpires?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I guess some here didn't learn their lesson about hiring managers who have lives and graduations to go to?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:14 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I think the next manager is in A ball.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:
I think Pierzynski will be the next manager. I didn't know about his beef with Hahn but maybe Jerry will step in.

I think AJ would be a good skip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 pm 

Cashman wrote:
I think the next manager is in A ball.

So help is not on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Happy is doing exactly what he is supposed to do. The young players are developing and playing their ass off. There is a positive vibe in the locker room. Let me ask you, what manager could have coaxed more wins out of this team? Give Happy a chance to let these guys hit their stride.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
312player wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Possibly, but he's been accused as a player (not so much with the Sox) of being uncommunicative and distant.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: John's
tommy wrote:
312player wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Possibly, but he's been accused as a player (not so much with the Sox) of being uncommunicative and distant.

The opposite of Happy, who is a great communicator and a straight shooter. Also very hands on with players.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
What would be the point of having Omar in the system, if he is not next in line?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Happy is doing exactly what he is supposed to do. The young players are developing and playing their ass off. There is a positive vibe in the locker room. Let me ask you, what manager could have coaxed more wins out of this team? Give Happy a chance to let these guys hit their stride.

I sure do not see these players developing and playing their asses off. Renteria is meh to me. But Ozzie going in there would be nuts. Ozzie is definitely a guy who does not like to play rookies. You have to work hard coaching young guys and Ozzie prefers cracking jokes with people in the stands, ogling women during the game, etc, and not coaching. He is lazy, certainly not very smart, and doesn't play well with others:)