It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15480
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He can still be a lights out closer, his stuff is outstanding. Had high expectations for him.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22068
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
I posted in the other thread that a arthroscopic shoulder check out is not always the end of a great career.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21402
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He'll be lucky to have the career of Greg Swindell

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42840
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
He'll be lucky to have the career of Greg Swindell



.500 pitcher. I think Rodon can be better than that. He may have a short career though.

My problem is, they knew he was fucked up all of this year. This is something that should have been done in a season that obviously wasn't going to be any good. Now he's going to miss next season when they look like the second best team in the Central without even making any moves.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52719
The thing that really pisses me off about rodon is that you know that boras is sitting back and giving no fucks about years 1-4. He'll be more than happy to have the guy pace himself until year 5. Then after the so. Have invested time and medical attention to him and shown the utmost patience whwn the guy only pitches when he is 100%, boras will push him for a contract year and show no appreciation the the team. The sox will just be his free health insurance and stress free pitching experience

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am
Posts: 120
pizza_Place: Tata's
According to this thread a clean-up scope is a career ender now. Do agree, that this should have been fixed in spring training when it first became an issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 14534
Shoulders are scary. The encouraging thing is it's not the rotator cuff or labrum (as far as we know). Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic. If he puts the work in to really rehab this and make it a non-issue going forward he has a chance to be the same pitcher but I have my doubts that happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60396
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Keyser Soze wrote:
Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic.
This is such bulllshit. You know nothing about his work ethic. And neither do I. Funny how you don't question the defensive work ethic of the 27 error Tim Anderson.

You are a joke of a Sox fan. I would rather be associated with the mullet heads who jump on the field than somebody like you.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am
Posts: 120
pizza_Place: Tata's
When did Rodon become injury prone? What has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52719
Pal wrote:
When did Rodon become injury prone? What has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?


I thought he had an injury in college which pushed him down to the Sox at #3 in the draft

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 18302
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
he had a sore arm as a jr in college which is why his numbers went down and he lost his for sure #1 status.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60396
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Pal wrote:
has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?
Nobody knows except Keyser.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21402
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I heard was quoted somewhere about how he could've taken better care of his arm . Found this from the Daily Herald . Looks like maybe there's some history about not working hard / taking it seriously . Round to Kaiser.


ince the start of spring training, there has been plenty of talk about Rodon getting in better condition and taking better care of his shoulder and arm. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder has acknowledged that fact.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71667
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic.
This is such bulllshit. You know nothing about his work ethic. And neither do I. Funny how you don't question the defensive work ethic of the 27 error Tim Anderson.

You are a joke of a Sox fan. I would rather be associated with the mullet heads who jump on the field than somebody like you.

Image

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
badrogue17 wrote:
I heard was quoted somewhere about how he could've taken better care of his arm . Found this from the Daily Herald . Looks like maybe there's some history about not working hard / taking it seriously . Round to Kaiser.


ince the start of spring training, there has been plenty of talk about Rodon getting in better condition and taking better care of his shoulder and arm. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder has acknowledged that fact.


Will Frank apologize to Keyser?

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:08 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60396
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
:lol: Fuck no. He just throws shit on the wall and hopes it will stick. He'll criticize a guy he doesn't like (Rodon), but when he likes a guy-- Adam Engel hitting .170 or Tim Anderson making 20+ errors-- he doesn't say a negative word about them.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54657
Location: To the left of my post
Will leash apologize to Frank?

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 10561
good dolphin wrote:
The thing that really pisses me off about rodon is that you know that boras is sitting back and giving no fucks about years 1-4. He'll be more than happy to have the guy pace himself until year 5. Then after the so. Have invested time and medical attention to him and shown the utmost patience whwn the guy only pitches when he is 100%, boras will push him for a contract year and show no appreciation the the team. The sox will just be his free health insurance and stress free pitching experience


Works both ways. If a player is all world his first four years, blows his knee out in year 5 and struggles during year six he is not getting the top of the line contract he would have gotten after year 4.

_________________
Frank Coztansa wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Not over yet.
Yes it is.


long time guy wrote:
(OKC) will be the #2 seed in the West due to these 2 moves. Watch out world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Will Rick apologize to Baby McCown?

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hatchetman and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group