It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:07 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You can walk up to the box office on game day and get an upper deck seat for $7 ($5) on Sunday.

The open market is telling me that is still an over price for that seat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You can walk up to the box office on game day and get an upper deck seat for $7 ($5) on Sunday.

Do they let you use the 100 level concessions, or do they shoo you up the escalators right away to the 500s? I may go to one of the games against KC in a couple of weeks if the weather is good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Do they let you use the 100 level concessions, or do they shoo you up the escalators right away to the 500s? I may go to one of the games against KC in a couple of weeks if the weather is good.

The only time I've seen them checking tickets at the 100 level entrances is on Opening Day and the Buehrle game. I'm sure they will be tonight and tomorrow though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The only time I've seen them checking tickets at the 100 level entrances is on Opening Day and the Buehrle game. I'm sure they will be tonight and tomorrow though.
Yep. With the exception of about 10 rows behind either dugout and directly behind the plate, the lower deck is basically general admission this year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 pm 

I see two possibilities remaining: Melky and Gonzalez.

Word is the Dodgers were at the Cub game scouting Gonzalez. He has given up 2 runs in 13.1 innings since coming back from injury. I think he would be a nice player on the come for one of these teams whose starters went down. He will also get one more start before the deadline to show his wares to a suitor. It is against Cleveland so if he does well, that would be a three contenders he faced in a row since his return.

There was some word the Pirates were interested in Melky. He makes sense for them given Marte's suspension disallows him to play in the playoffs should they make it. The Pirates and Sox negotiating the remainder of Melky's money would be like watching two cheap people at a restaurant when the bill arrives. I think the Pirates will wait until the very last minute to pull a trigger on this. They will see if they can get above .500 over the weekend while hoping the Cubs and Brewers kill each other in their series.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:05 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Burdi is down with TJ surgery. Bummer has a chance to be pretty good but needs a little more time in the minors. They could call up Lopez, Fulmer or Danish and drop them in the bullpen right now.

Well he better be ready. I hear he's coming up tomorrow. Jennings traded pending physicals.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am 

To the Rays for Casey Gillespie. Yet another 1B. Well GD will be happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:

I know nothing about him but if he has Conor's psycho work ethic and focus, he should at least make MLB. I thought he was a first round pick a year or so ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
According to Spiegs this guy was the Ray's #5 prospect and thought to start at first this year. He was blocked though by the performance of the present guy.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I know nothing about him but if he has Conor's psycho work ethic and focus, he should at least make MLB. I thought he was a first round pick a year or so ago.

I don't think he does and that's probably a good thing. 1st rounder in 2014. Meh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am 

Jennings is under control for another two years. I know he is just a situational lefty when being used correctly but I wouldn't have been so quick to sell him off.

I guess they figured they were buying low on a formerly great prospect which is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Jennings is under control for another two years. I know he is just a situational lefty when being used correctly but I wouldn't have been so quick to sell him off.

I guess they figured they were buying low on a formerly great prospect which is fine.

So now we have no one in the pen who can get guys out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
formerlyknownas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If they deal Melky and Avi stays on the DL for a while they will get the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Petricka if he stays healthy. Maybe they can shine that turd Clippard and sell him off in August.

Yesterday was a pretty good indication of how the rest of the season will go. Rizzo was killing Shields and should have been pulled in a 2-0 game with the bases loaded. However, the alternative in the bullpen was no better. So they stuck with Shields, he got smashed and the game is over.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 am 

The guy they called up is intriguing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:

Who?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Who?

Star-Lord...man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 pm 

Bummer. Lefty with a lot of velocity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Really is a shame for all those Sox fans who had the high expectations and spent big money on red hot White Sox tickets a few months ago...how you could root for this team to win instead of moving past Philly and SF in the L column is baffling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 pm 

Pal wrote:
Really is a shame for all those Sox fans who had the high expectations and spent big money on red hot White Sox tickets a few months ago...how you could root for this team to win instead of moving past Philly and SF in the L column is baffling.

High expectations? I'm pretty sure when they traded away a Cy Young candidate that those expectations for 2017 went out the window.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 pm 

America wrote:
Bummer. Lefty with a lot of velocity.

and a plus slider. Could be a multi-inning guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Pal wrote:

High expectations? I'm pretty sure when they traded away a Cy Young candidate that those expectations for 2017 went out the window.

Sarcasm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Pal wrote:

There's a lot of ground between high expectations and Pelfrey being your best pitcher. But many people rely on others to buy tickets so the team will still exist to be good again someday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Pal wrote:

There's a lot of ground between high expectations and Pelfrey being your best pitcher. But many people rely on others to buy tickets so the team will still exist to be good again someday.

Relying on others to buy tickets so this team still exists is a new thing? Attendance is actually slightly up this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Melky Cabrera to Royals for AJ Puckett & Andre Davis, both pitchers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=kc

A.J. Puckett | Rank: 13 (Preseason: 11)

Team: Wilmington Blue Rocks (A Adv) ETA: 2019 Position: RHP Age: 22 DOB: 05/27/1995 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 4" Weight: 200 lb. Drafted: 2016, 2nd (67) - KC
Watch
Scouting grades: Fastball: 50 | Curveball: 45 | Changeup: 60 | Control: 55 | Overall: 45
Puckett sustained an epidural hematoma in his head in an off-field accident in 2011, resulting in him spending two weeks in a medically induced coma and ending his promising career as a high school quarterback. He made a full recovery and went to Pepperdine, where he was the West Coast Conference pitcher of the year in 2016 after fashioning the third-longest (45 2/3 innings) scoreless streak in NCAA Division I history. After signing for $1.2 million as Kansas City's top pick (second round), he easily handled an assignment to low Class A in his debut.

Puckett is more about pitchability than power. His best assets are his tumbling changeup, a legitimate plus pitch, and his advanced command. His fastball usually ranges from 90-94 mph with some run and sink, and his curveball can be an average third offering at times but lacks consistency.

His stuff plays up because Puckett works both corners of the plate and lives down in the strike zone. He also uses his size to create angle to his pitches, studies hitters carefully and has a high pitching IQ. A potential No. 4 starter, he should advance quickly and has one of the highest floors among Royals pitching prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
So long Melky.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Looks like a good pickup.

FrankDrebin wrote:
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=kc

A.J. Puckett | Rank: 13 (Preseason: 11)

Team: Wilmington Blue Rocks (A Adv) ETA: 2019 Position: RHP Age: 22 DOB: 05/27/1995 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 4" Weight: 200 lb. Drafted: 2016, 2nd (67) - KC
Watch
Scouting grades: Fastball: 50 | Curveball: 45 | Changeup: 60 | Control: 55 | Overall: 45
Puckett sustained an epidural hematoma in his head in an off-field accident in 2011, resulting in him spending two weeks in a medically induced coma and ending his promising career as a high school quarterback. He made a full recovery and went to Pepperdine, where he was the West Coast Conference pitcher of the year in 2016 after fashioning the third-longest (45 2/3 innings) scoreless streak in NCAA Division I history. After signing for $1.2 million as Kansas City's top pick (second round), he easily handled an assignment to low Class A in his debut.

Puckett is more about pitchability than power. His best assets are his tumbling changeup, a legitimate plus pitch, and his advanced command. His fastball usually ranges from 90-94 mph with some run and sink, and his curveball can be an average third offering at times but lacks consistency.

His stuff plays up because Puckett works both corners of the plate and lives down in the strike zone. He also uses his size to create angle to his pitches, studies hitters carefully and has a high pitching IQ. A potential No. 4 starter, he should advance quickly and has one of the highest floors among Royals pitching prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:41 pm 

Hard to have a problem with this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
America wrote:
Hard to have a problem with this.

Hell no. Sounds OK to me.

So who is left on the list? Abreu? Avi?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next