It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2006 White Sox
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
They are talking on the score this morning about the job Maddon is doing this year. Is there any doubt Ozzie would be getting torched by the fans and media if he was doing this crap with the Cubs? The lineup stuff alone would have him on the train out of town.

I'm not sure what Maddon can do, so many guys are not producing.. What moves can he make?

Are you saying managers don't matter? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
They are talking on the score this morning about the job Maddon is doing this year. Is there any doubt Ozzie would be getting torched by the fans and media if he was doing this crap with the Cubs? The lineup stuff alone would have him on the train out of town.

I'm not sure what Maddon can do, so many guys are not producing.. What moves can he make?

You're missing Mike's point. The point is that if a manager on the same footing in this city for the other team (in this case, 2005 World Series Winning Manager Ozzie Guillen) were making the same constant lineup juggling bullshit moves, or in some cases, not making moves that needed to be made, he would be getting torched by the media in this town that is currently too busy sucking off Clark the Cub to notice that this team isn't nearly as dominant and their flaws are showing this year.

One manager is white and the other was a minority.

COINCIDENCE??

Are you saying that the media in this town is racist?

If so, of course they are. Senior Columnist is the ringleader of that bunch.

Once again, WHITE MAN gets a pass while MINORITY held to IMPOSSIBLE STANDARD!

pizza_Place: giordanos
sjboyd0137 wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You're missing Mike's point. The point is that if a manager on the same footing in this city for the other team (in this case, 2005 World Series Winning Manager Ozzie Guillen) were making the same constant lineup juggling bullshit moves, or in some cases, not making moves that needed to be made, he would be getting torched by the media in this town that is currently too busy sucking off Clark the Cub to notice that this team isn't nearly as dominant and their flaws are showing this year.

Right. Thanks.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ozzie also would be making lots of comments in the media too. He didn't hold much back.

But with Joe, man, everything is positive man. And its a long season, and we just need to keep fighting, and things will work out.

They are two completely different people, and both of their styles appear to wear very thin sooner rather than later.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I know I have read and heard about what a POS team the 2006 Sox team was after the WS title in 2005. Mostly from Cub fans and the like just giving us grief that we did not repeat.

Now I want to make clear I put this in the Sox section for Sox fans. They did win 90 games that following year correct?

The only correct statement in this delusional post is the last sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
But with Joe, man, everything is positive man. And its a long season, and we just need to keep fighting, and things will work out.

Kind of a perfect fit for the Cubbie Blue Kool Aid sippers, though...

I can see where the realistic fans will lose their shit with him sooner rather than later, though...happened with most of us and Ozzie, too...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 am 

It's pretty amazing that Joe Maddon literally won a World Series with the Cubs and was exposed as not being the "great manager" everyone thought when he was winning a lot of regular season games with Tampa. He almost lost them the World Series with a much better team and he's currently not doing anything to fix a team setup to be dominant for many years because they had the "best farm system in baseball history".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 am 
100000 CLUB

If the Cubs miss the playoffs this year, or get bounced in 3 or 4 games in the DS (which is what will happen IMO), the players are going to start losing their shit with Maddon. I get that the offense has been struggling and he is trying to do what he can to jump start it, but since this guy has been manager of the Cubs has he had the same lineup (except pitchers, obviously) for 2 games in a row?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Has Mike been taking estrogen pills? Not sure I know anyone who whines that much about sports or politics.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Has Mike been taking estrogen pills? Not sure I know anyone who whines that much about sports or politics.

Keyser Soze & Baby McNown wrote:
Hold our beers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:07 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If the Cubs miss the playoffs this year, or get bounced in 3 or 4 games in the DS (which is what will happen IMO), the players are going to start losing their shit with Maddon. I get that the offense has been struggling and he is trying to do what he can to jump start it, but since this guy has been manager of the Cubs has he had the same lineup (except pitchers, obviously) for 2 games in a row?

These "LOOK AT ME!" managers, guys like Maddon, Ozzie, Billy Martin, they have a shelf life. All the antics are funny for a little while, but eventually that shit starts wearing guys out. and in a game like baseball where even the best teams go through bad stretches, when you're in one of those bad stretches it gets even worse. Will this fuckin' guy please shut up? I'm 0 for my last 24 and the last thing I want to do is wear a romper or pet a coyote.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Keyser Soze & Baby McNown wrote:
Hold our beers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
he's currently not doing anything to fix a team setup to be dominant for many years because they had the "best farm system in baseball history".

Not doing anything?

What else do you want him to do? How many different lineups has he used? So many that people are criticizing him for that too.

If he sits back and keeps running the same lineup out there he gets criticized.... it is damned if you do, damned if you don't

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's pretty amazing that Joe Maddon literally won a World Series with the Cubs and was exposed as not being the "great manager" everyone thought when he was winning a lot of regular season games with Tampa. He almost lost them the World Series with a much better team and he's currently not doing anything to fix a team setup to be dominant for many years because they had the "best farm system in baseball history".

What would you like him to do?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm not a great manager like Maddon or IMU. Don't ask me.

Unless of course, as JORR pointed out, managers don't really matter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They don't matter much... I've always agreed with that. And they sure as hell can't just make a team stop hitting or pitching. He's rearranged the lineup - not sure what else he's supposed to do. But if you're gonna say he's doing nothing to fix it, I think you should probably have an idea of what it is you think he should be doing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am 

I have no problem with Maddon and the Cubs being criticized. They have sucked donkey balls so far. So they deserve it.

But to say Maddon is doing nothing is just wrong and stupid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
They don't matter much... I've always agreed with that. And they sure as hell can't just make a team stop hitting or pitching. He's rearranged the lineup - not sure what else he's supposed to do. But if you're gonna say he's doing nothing to fix it, I think you should probably have an idea of what it is you think he should be doing.
Not exactly. In Tampa, he supposedly was the best manager in baseball and able to fix things.

This isn't like Schwarber where I can just say stop being fat and slow and a dbag. It's harder with coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
If he sits back and keeps running the same lineup out there
This actually would be an incredibly drastic change for Maddon. He should try putting the same 8 guys out there in the same order for a series and see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Be a good manager!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How can you say managers don't matter and half a page up criticize Maddon for almost blowing the wWorld Series? Which is it?

Imo managers matter, Maddon got an A for the regular season last year and a D for the World Series.

Six fan still crying over the Six getting less coverage, toughen up already, the Cubs are covered more because there are more cub fans.. Probably 2-1 ..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am 

RFDC wrote:
I have no problem with Maddon and the Cubs being criticized. They have sucked donkey balls so far. So they deserve it.

I said he is doing nothing to fix it.

I'll put it this way. If you think Maddon is a "great manager" then the expectation is he should be able to fix the Cubs this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 am 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How can you say managers don't matter and half a page up criticize Maddon for almost blowing the wWorld Series? Which is it?

Imo managers matter, Maddon got an A for the regular season last year and a D for the World Series.

Six fan still crying over the Six getting less coverage, toughen up already, the Cubs are covered more because there are more cub fans.. Probably 2-1 ..
I'm not crying about anything.

I'll let you guys come up with the answers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Six fan still crying over the Six getting less coverage
Did you type Six because the Cubs lost Six games in the postseason and that was Five more games than the Sox lost in 2005?

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Not exactly. In Tampa, he supposedly was the best manager in baseball and able to fix things.

This isn't like Schwarber where I can just say stop being fat and slow and a dbag. It's harder with coaches.

:lol: What does "fix things" even mean? He's supposed to make Kyle Schwarber start hitting?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'll put it this way. If you think Maddon is a "great manager" then the expectation is he should be able to fix the Cubs this year.

This is just a bizarre viewpoint.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Maddon needs to show da fire and da passion like Happy did yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Fire and passion on an off day, you fucking imbecile?

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

This is just a bizarre viewpoint.

Thats Brick for you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Fire and passion on an off day, you fucking imbecile?

Kill yourself, you jobless, car-less, pathetic burrito.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next