It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:

With what you have said in this thread, its pretty clear that you either do not understand that, or you are willfully ignoring things which would make BRick's comments about creating your own agenda correct.

Again, I understand what they are doing. It's hilarious that you think this is some really deep shit to analyze and only SMART FANS understand it. They are making their team as shitty as possible and in the process trying to get as many young prospect lottery tickets as possible. It's not that fuckin complicated Frank. The difference between us is you think it's an impressive feat, whereas I recognize it for what it is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The Sox blueprint does not include a half decade of intentional losing, just a full decade of unintentional losing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Yeah, the Cubs "piecemealing" with Heyward, Lester, Zobrist, Fowler, Lackey, and now Quintana has really been a disaster.

It'll be interesting to see that portion of the rebuild. Like most GMs, Hahn's record in free agency is a mixed bag. With so much underpaid talent projected for the 25-man there should be a ton of cash to get a stud. Bryce Harper?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:16 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
This is the same shit the Bulls try to pull and it's a shame you are falling for it. Two chiefs in charge and they can just take turns blaming eachother as year after year the team sucks.
Not really, but thats fine if you don't understand it. If you can't see that Kenny almost always traded away young guys for a veteran piece, and now Hahn is acquiring young talent then I can't help you.

Don't let me get in the way of your blind optimism. Cheerlead as much as you want. But you might want to drop the "you don't understand it" angle. I understand perfectly what they are doing. I'm just not applauding Hahn before he's done any real work. The rest of you are.
Given everything the Sox have done over the last ~8 months, Hahn deserves kudos. If the Sox continue to suck for the next 4-5 years, he will deserve and likely get a lot of negative press.

There is clearly a different philosophy in the way of doing things now with the Sox front office. Its basically the complete opposite of what Kenny Williams did for the better part of 11 years. Given that and what Kenny himself has publically said, it leads me to believe that Hahn was NOT 100% in charge of the roster regardless of what his title was.

With what you have said in this thread, its pretty clear that you either do not understand that, or you are willfully ignoring things which would make BRick's comments about creating your own agenda correct.

Kenny Williams helped bring a World Series here. Hahn has yet to get the team above. 500 I'm cautiously optimistic that these moves will work but Hahn doesn't deserve a heroes welcome just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who is giving him a hero's welcome? I'm certainly not. Saying that these are good moves and that I am excited about the direction of the team is hardly throwing him a fucking parade. Maybe You and FF should actually read my posts so you see what I am saying.

America wrote:
The Sox blueprint does not include a half decade of intentional losing, just a full decade of unintentional losing.
Which is my point. The teams Kenny put together from 2009 until 2013 were largely terrible. Kenny still had his hands in move for 2012, 2013, etc until this past off season.

FF still doesn't seem to understand, and is now attributing things to me that I never said.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FF still doesn't seem to understand, and is now attributing things to me that I never said.

What don't I understand and what things have I attributed to you that you never said?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:32 am 
100000 CLUB

I've tried to explain a few times what you don't understand, and I never said any recent Hahn move was "impressive"

FavreFan wrote:
The difference between us is you think it's an impressive feat, whereas I recognize it for what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I've tried to explain a few times what you don't understand,

What don't I understand? You have not tried to explain it, because you know it's a dumb thing to say. None of what has happened is difficult to understand.

Quote:
and I never said any recent Hahn move was "impressive"

FavreFan wrote:
The difference between us is you think it's an impressive feat, whereas I recognize it for what it is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Given everything the Sox have done over the last ~8 months, Hahn deserves kudos.

Anything else you want to be proven wrong on my friend?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

im·pres·sive
imˈpresiv/Submit
adjective
evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill: grand, imposing, or awesome.

ku·dos
ˈk(y)o͞oˌdäs,ˈk(y)o͞oˌdōs/Submit
noun
praise and honor received for an achievement.

Anything else you need some help understanding?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
im·pres·sive
imˈpresiv/Submit
adjective
evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill: grand, imposing, or awesome.

ku·dos
ˈk(y)o͞oˌdäs,ˈk(y)o͞oˌdōs/Submit
noun
praise and honor received for an achievement.

Anything else you need some help understanding?

:lol:

This is great. Are you really attempting to deny that giving someone "kudos" is very similar to saying what they did was impressive? Just take the L here, man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

"grand, imposing, and awesome" is not even close to the same as saying, "hey good work"

You're failure here has certainly been grand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
"grand, imposing, and awesome" is not even close to the same as saying, "hey good work"

You're failure here has certainly been grand.

Your*

But yeah man, you're wrong as hell here. Even going by your definitions you are clearly wrong. Evoking admiration and evoking praise are pretty much the exact same thing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

I've done all I can to help you understand. Maybe some else can help you further. Good day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:46 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I've done all I can to help you understand. Maybe some else can help you further. Good day.

I understand that you are able to look up definitions of words but are unable to comprehend those definitions.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am 

Best GM in the league is a little much Frank. He made a couple nice moves, leave it at that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The intent of the post was to question whether Hahn should be the man for the "build" portion of the rebuild. Trading Sale and Quintana doesn't take a genius.

Simply stating, if Theo (who had 2 notches on his belt) was being constantly questioned for his rebuild then I'm surprised Hahn is given such a long leash. Especially when you take look at Hahn's work product the past 4 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The intent of the post was to question whether Hahn should be the man for the "build" portion of the rebuild. Trading Sale and Quintana doesn't take a genius.

Simply stating, if Theo (who had 2 notches on his belt) was being constantly questioned for his rebuild then I'm surprised Hahn is given such a long leash. Especially when you take look at Hahn's work product the past 4 years.
People like Theo who ruined the game is why he has to do this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
no...I'd say Kenny Williams with his pathetic drafting, non-existent farm system, and bad FA signings put Rick in this position.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.