It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'm too lazy to read 20 fucking pages.......can someone(beardown) sum up the Chus/IMU fight?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
Minor miracle that he hasn't struck out yet.

That is actually pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Cashman wrote:
I'm too lazy to read 20 fucking pages.......can someone(beardown) sum up the Chus/IMU fight?

Chus has inferior sperm. IMU is inferior sperm
Clash of the Midgets.

#FarOut

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
How is he looking. I've only caught 2 at bats (both walks). Pretty shocked to see 1 hit and no strike outs with his speed. Is he essentially shortening up for contact at the expense of solid contact? Or is he just hitting into defense?

I flipped to the game a few times last night. First hawk and stone complaining about a laser strike zone and how the game needs a human element. Then back for the moncada walk to see them complaining about a called strike.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
TurdFerguson wrote:
How is he looking. I've only caught 2 at bats (both walks). Pretty shocked to see 1 hit and no strike outs with his speed. Is he essentially shortening up for contact at the expense of solid contact? Or is he just hitting into defense?

I flipped to the game a few times last night. First hawk and stone complaining about a laser strike zone and how the game needs a human element. Then back for the moncada walk to see them complaining about a called strike.

He's been really patient, maybe too patient as it looks like pitchers are throwing it right down the middle on pitch one and he's taking it. The most impressive thing is that he has had very long AB's (without K'ing) even though he has been down in the count.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Many thought he was the goods. Looks more like Jorge Orta on a bad day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HarryLime wrote:

Unlike Cubs fans, we wait more than 5 games before declaring ours guys HOF'ers

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HarryLime wrote:

Ironically, moncada was likely traded for a hall of famer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hitting a robust. 077

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:07 pm 

BUST

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Hitting a robust. 077

He is actually hitting .111 and its been 9 at bats. You had Schwarber in Cooperstown when he was still in Iowa you Shitfuck.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
Hitting a robust. 077

He is actually hitting .111 and its been 9 at bats. You had Schwarber in Cooperstown when he was still in Iowa you Shitfuck.

I never had Schwarber in the hof numbnuts, I wanted him traded for Miller, ....then I wanted him traded for a SP in the off-season. This isn't about Schwarber and his bad slump, this thread is about Moncada meat head.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HarryLime wrote:

I think Moncada is going to flame out but Chris Sale Hall of Famer? Can you let him win a single award and be certain his arm doesn't fall off before you put him in the Hall of Fame?

Hall of Fame used to have standards. Then they started putting guys like Ozzie Smith and Barry Larkin in there and everyone who's played a couple good games think they should be in there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
juschill wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HarryLime wrote:

I think Moncada is going to flame out but Chris Sale Hall of Famer? Can you let him win a single award and be certain his arm doesn't fall off before you put him in the Hall of Fame?

Hall of Fame used to have standards. Then they started putting guys like Ozzie Smith and Barry Larkin in there and everyone who's played a couple good games think they should be in there.

I agree that Sale has a way to go before he can be seriously discussed as a Hall of Famer, but the standards for starting pitchers are going to need to be relaxed or there won't be another one who ever gets in. Halladay should go in. But I can't think of another guy who is a no-brainer. Kershaw, I guess, but he's still way short of traditional benchmarks. I think he has about 140 wins. If he retired tomorrow he's pretty similar to John Santana who I would say is short of the Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Red Sox called up Devers. It's gonna be annoying when he hits .100 points better than Moncada this year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It does appear this Moncada has troubling getting hits.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 am 
100000 CLUB

Moncada is 1 for 9. He clearly is done and is a bust.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

1 for 13 but who's counting?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am 
100000 CLUB

I stand corrected.

That is not a good start. There is no time for him to improve either. Trade him now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was definitely thinking DFA. Should have never hung on to that Ventura kid either starting 0-44 much less Konerko.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

1 for 13 but who's counting?

Schwarber would kill for a week like that

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Chris Sale is on pace for a 9fWAR season. At 12-13 million dollars a year through 2019 it might go down as the best bargain in the history of baseball. No hyperbole.

In terms of justifying the trade in pure "value", Moncada and Kopech already have their backs up against the wall in that regard. It's going to be very hard to ever look back and say, "yeah, that was a good trade for the White Sox".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Chris Sale is on pace for a 9fWAR season. At 12-13 million dollars a year through 2019 it might go down as the best bargain in the history of baseball. No hyperbole.

In terms of justifying the trade in pure "value", Moncada and Kopech already have their backs up against the wall in that regard. It's going to be very hard to ever look back and say, "yeah, that was a good trade for the White Sox".

That's just dumb. The Sox simply determined they would have wasted the good years of Sale and went a different path.

Unless of course your argument is the White Sox were going to be legitimate World Series contenders in 2018 or 2019 then your post is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's just dumb. The Sox simply determined they would have wasted the good years of Sale and went a different path.

Unless of course your argument is the White Sox were going to be legitimate World Series contenders in 2018 or 2019 then your post is bad.

There seems to be this theory that his arm is a 'ticking' time bomb. I subscribed to it in the past, but now I don't. He's found another level than this year. There are generational players you "just don't trade" even in a rebuild. I doubt the Angels will ever trade Trout. Sale falls in that category.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There seems to be this theory that his arm is a 'ticking' time bomb. I subscribed to it in the past, but now I don't. He's found another level than this year. There are generational players you "just don't trade" even in a rebuild. I doubt the Angels will ever trade Trout. Sale falls in that category.

I think a better argument against trading Sale is that baseball is a funny game. You don't really know what's going to happen. No one predicted the Cubs mediocrity. No one thought the AL Central would be as terrible as it is. If the Sox had Sale-Quintana and the marginally better offense they've show they are capable of this season they'd definitely be in the hunt to win the division. That's why it's dumb to throw seasons away. Because you're correct in that Moncada/Kopech will likely never produce the value that Sale has already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
There seems to be this theory that his arm is a 'ticking' time bomb. I subscribe to it in the past, but now I don't. He's found another level than this year. There are generational players you "just don't trade" even in a rebuild. I doubt the Angels will ever trade Trout. Sale falls in that category.
I don't care if he was completely healthy. Were the White Sox legitimate World Series contenders in 2018 or 2019 with Sale, Quintana, and Eaton?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
There seems to be this theory that his arm is a 'ticking' time bomb. I subscribe to it in the past, but now I don't. He's found another level than this year. There are generational players you "just don't trade" even in a rebuild. I doubt the Angels will ever trade Trout. Sale falls in that category.
I don't care if he was completely healthy. Were the White Sox legitimate World Series contenders in 2018 or 2019 with Sale, Quintana, and Eaton?

They may have won the division this year. And with Sale going twice or maybe three times in a series, who knows what happens?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Eaton trade was solid, you can't pass that up.

Could a competent GM make an 90 win team by 2019 building around Sale/Quintana.... ( Factoring you still do the Eaton deal and you have Guilto/Lopez in the system and you still sign Robert.) I'd like to think so. Nail a big time FA like Machado and you are there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:24 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Eaton trade was solid, you can't pass that up.

Could a competent GM make an 90 win team by 2019 building around Sale/Quintana.... ( Factoring you still do the Eaton deal and you have Guilto/Lopez in the system and you still sign Robert.) I'd like to think so. Nail a big time FA like Machado and you are there.

Where were you at the end of last season then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next