It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Carson Fulmer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:

It was pretty clear that the guy couldn't last more than an inning or two, but I didn't realize he was a d-bag. I like his vague no-plan plan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 am 

can't pitch if you can't throw strikes

good luck to him. I spent too much of my time hoping for him to be good to waste another minute

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
DFA'd by the Tigers.

Is that Rick Anderson's fault, or is Coop still to blame, conns?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
DFA'd by the Tigers.

Is that Rick Anderson's fault, or is Coop still to blame, conns?

Rick Hahn for wasting the draft pick.

But go ask Fulmer who he blames

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It was a bit of a reach when they took him. They liked his competitiveness and sign-ability .

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
It was a bit of a reach when they took him. They liked his competitiveness and sign-ability .

A bit? That was a hard pass. It wasn't minor mechanical adjustments. It was major. They even said he was a project and then proceeded to rush him along. Bad pick followed by bad development.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It was a fine pick. You take a risk on a guy like that at number nine and feel pretty good about it most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:36 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
It was a fine pick. You take a risk on a guy like that at number nine and feel pretty good about it most of the time.

I thought he'd be a project, probably a bust, the second I looked at tape from Vanderbilt. Had they TREATED him like a project, like they said they would, there'd be hope.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:41 pm 

The Zack Collins pick was way worse. Especially since they knew they wanted Lux but though Lux would fall to the compensatory round. That was a real blunder, got cute and missed out on their guy.

Guys with Collins profile dont work out. He wasn't an elite offensive player in college and had no elite offensive tools that would make it to the MLB. Plus he couldn't play any defense. Total wasted pick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
The Zack Collins pick was way worse. Especially since they knew they wanted Lux but though Lux would fall to the compensatory round. That was a real blunder, got cute and missed out on their guy.

Guys with Collins profile dont work out. He wasn't an elite offensive player in college and had no elite offensive tools that would make it to the MLB. Plus he couldn't play any defense. Total wasted pick

Burger was bad too. All three were bad. You said Fulmer was a fine pick. It literally and provably wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:56 pm 

I'd make the Fulmer pick again just to spin the wheel on his stuff and collegiate success. Its a good profile that works out at a better rate than most other profiles coming out of the amateur ranks.

I would not touch the types of profiles that were Jake Burger and Zack Collins with a ten foot pole, though. Your basically betting on those guys being about as productive with the bat as Abreu for those picks to work out, and that's really a poor likelihood.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 am 

Antarctica wrote:
I'd make the Fulmer pick again just to spin the wheel on his stuff and collegiate success. Its a good profile that works out at a better rate than most other profiles coming out of the amateur ranks.

I would not touch the types of profiles that were Jake Burger and Zack Collins with a ten foot pole, though. Your basically betting on those guys being about as productive with the bat as Abreu for those picks to work out, and that's really a poor likelihood.

Spin the wheel on a guy who couldn't find home plate with a searchlight because he not only didn't have repeatable mechanics, he jerked his fucking head upon delivery? The kid was a mess. That's not a #7 or #9 pick or whatever he was. You would be better off with a high school pitcher, that's how much development he needed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:08 am 

Sale's mechanics were a mess too. There's a fine line between bad mechanics and quirky mechanics.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:22 am 

Antarctica wrote:
Sale's mechanics were a mess too. There's a fine line between bad mechanics and quirky mechanics.

There's good mechanics, there's bad mechanics. There's also bad mechanics that can't repetitively function, the most basic function being is getting the fucking ball over the plate. Sale's inverse w is a repeatable delivery. It's shit for the elbow but when you inherit a kid who's thrown like that all his life, changing it isn't really too good of an option. You're just as likely to hurt him as leave him alone.

Up until the day Fulmer got bounced out of MLB, he didn't have a repeatable delivery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
DFA's by the Pirates. The 4th team to part ways with him since he left the Sox. All Don Cooper's fault, I'm sure.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8