It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Carson Fulmer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Lots of Cubs fans caring about a Sox game today.

Remember, Cubs fans are superior baseball fans. We pay attention to the entire league, not just one team.

Go on...

HawaiiYou wrote:
I don't know anything about the AL and not much about the cubs minor league system.

Was this trade good for the Cubs or bad? Hate seeing so many young prospects going for one guy but is this Q guy worth it?

Last edited by sjboyd0137 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
We stipulated 34 home runs in 2017. It was never stipulated they all had to be at one level. Trying to change the rules when it's looking bad for you. #Sad.
:lol:

Have a great eclipse day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Remember, Cubs fans are superior baseball fans. We pay attention to the entire league, not just one team.

Go on...

HawaiiYou wrote:
I don't know anything about the AL and not much about the cubs minor league system.

Was this trade good for the Cubs or bad? Hate seeing so many young prospects going for one guy but is this Q guy worth it?

HawaiiYou is "10 second tom"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
We stipulated 34 home runs in 2017. It was never stipulated they all had to be at one level. Trying to change the rules when it's looking bad for you. #Sad.

Have a great eclipse day.

You should thank Bob for being nice enough not to count batting practice home runs. He probably has like 300 already this season!

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
No, I only maintained that he hasn't lost any of his power stroke, which he hasn't.

He absolutely hasn't.
So 34 home runs this year?

I don't even know what that means. You already lost this argument badly. You should probably just stop.
No, you see, this is what makes it so great. We don't have to argue. The number was set before the season. It was 34 home runs and I was wrong. I didn't even set the number. Caller Bob did. I am 100% certain you posted multiple times in the thread too.

I knew that you guys would declare victory no matter how horrible his season went(and getting sent down to the minors would certainly qualify) so instead I made it a very simple number that I didn't even set.

I understand you guys wanting to ignore that though.

:lol: The number was set before the season? What number? A prediction on his home runs has nothing to do with whether he lost power. It is just a random number. Your obsession with predictions is bizarre, but it's your go-to move. Predictions are meaningless.

No one is arguing Schwarber has been GOOD (even though that's what you want to turn the argument into now). The argument, and what Bob said in this thread, is that he hasn't lost power... and he clearly hasn't. He has sucked at everything else, and in fact, if it wasn't for his power he wouldn't even be on the major league roster.

I'm not going to get into some nonsensical debate with your predictions. Predictions are meaningless.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I remember when some people thought Bryan LaHair was having better seasons than Paul Konerko. I guess if we counted all the HRs that LaHair hit in Japan, its a different argument.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What Bob said has no bearing on Rick's bad argument.
Where were you with this prior to the season when it was clearly defined?

When what was defined? A prediction that he would hit 34 homers? As much as you want to make this black and white (as usual), it isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What Bob said has no bearing on Rick's bad argument.

Of course it does. It's the sole reason they've been going back and forth all year on the Schwarber power thing

No, it doesn't. Bob refuting Rick with a bad argument doesn't mean that Rick doesn't also have a bad argument.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I remember when some people thought Bryan LaHair was having better seasons than Paul Konerko. .

Nobody thought that, Francis.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:16 pm 

Bad post. Edited by me, rpb

My bad

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Go on...

HawaiiYou wrote:

HawaiiYou is "10 second tom"

Doesn't matter...if we're stuck with Keyser and his bad thoughts, you guys can own HawaiiYou, his meth whore, and jimmypasta.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: The number was set before the season? What number? A prediction on his home runs has nothing to do with whether he lost power. It is just a random number. Your obsession with predictions is bizarre, but it's your go-to move. Predictions are meaningless.

No one is arguing Schwarber has been GOOD (even though that's what you want to turn the argument into now). The argument, and what Bob said in this thread, is that he hasn't lost power... and he clearly hasn't. He has sucked at everything else, and in fact, if it wasn't for his power he wouldn't even be on the major league roster.

I'm not going to get into some nonsensical debate with your predictions. Predictions are meaningless.
It wasn't a prediction as much as a metric to judge my thought and it was agreed to by Caller Bob. Here is the explanation of it though the initial 34 number came from a thread that was made prior to this post.

By the way, you responded in this thread on the next page.
http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?p=2693666#p2693666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm 

Yup, just as I thought, no specific level specified. He still has 10 more though to go, so I won't spike my football yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:20 pm 

So in this scenario, if a guy hits 33 home runs that = a loss of power.

Good stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It wasn't a prediction as much as a metric to judge my thought and it was agreed to by Caller Bob. Here is the explanation of it though the initial 34 number came from a thread that was made prior to this post.

By the way, you responded in this thread on the next page.
http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?p=2693666#p2693666

Unless I'm missing something, you literally just picked a random number, and now you're holding it against others.

Additionally, are we saying that home runs are the only measure of "power"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Good stuff.

You can't even make it up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:25 pm 

A bet is a bet. I'll own it if need be. Let's hope Tubby picks up the HR pace.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:31 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Good stuff.
I didn't set the number. I think I made my explanation clear.

The problem is that you guys are so dug in you aren't even willing to try and see it from my end.

I said that I would be concerned trading Chris Sale for Kyle Schwarber because he is coming off an injury and he is a power hitter who may struggle with returning back to form after an injury who had hit 0 home runs since his return. I didn't specify outright that it was a concern about his total hitting but instead I concentrated more on him as a power hitter because you know, he's pretty useless as a "singles hitter" who can't play the field. A few people went nuts because I mentioned the only game time he had and the 0 home runs he had(including you). So, I asked people to name a number and I would say if I thought it was fair to say that his "loss of power" was not a concern if he reached that level. Caller Bob actually stood up and gave a pretty decent number where I was willing to admit that I was wrong if he reached that level. So, the season starts, and Caller Bob doubles down on it saying he is on pace for 57 home runs and I'm already wrong. leash and rpb jump in saying that I was stupid for even thinking there was an issue, while paradoxically also saying it would be fine to think it was an issue but it was dumb to mention the lack of home runs in the playoffs last year. Schwarber then sucks in general, gets demoted, and yet still it was dumb of me to think that power may have been a concern.

Now, keep in mind, I NEVER EVEN SAID HE LOST POWER! :lol: I said it was a concern that he may have. I even said it wouldn't surprise me if Schwarber hit those 34 home runs! But hey, leash and rpb say my argument was stupid, and even though they have yet to show they really understood it, they'll say things like "What if he hits 33 home runs then he has NO POWER lol"!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Go on...

HawaiiYou wrote:

HawaiiYou doesn't even know the rules of baseball? He is as much of a Cubs fan as your pet cats are.

Last edited by IMU on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm 

IMU wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

HawaiiYou doesn't even know the rules of baseball? He is as much of a Cubs fan as your pet cats are.[/quote]

Nope...We have our skeletons in the closet we are stuck with...you guys have yours...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

:lol: I brutalized that quote tag.

It's ok to admit that you completely misread the WS performance, shared your flawed analysis (power worry) and have been proven wrong (power still there)

You even said it right there. He "hit zero homeruns since his return" as if you'd expect a decent homerun hitter to hit one every 4 games (in the WS against top pitching with a 5 month layoff no less)

Its fine. Really.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Good stuff.

The problem is that you guys are so dug in you aren't even willing to try and see it from my end.

I said that I would be concerned trading Chris Sale for Kyle Schwarber because he is coming off an injury and he is a power hitter who may struggle with returning back to form after an injury who had hit 0 home runs since his return. I didn't specify outright that it was a concern about his total hitting but instead I concentrated more on him as a power hitter because you know, he's pretty useless as a "singles hitter" who can't play the field. A few people went nuts because I mentioned the only game time he had and the 0 home runs he had(including you). So, I asked people to name a number and I would say if I thought it was fair to say that his "loss of power" was not a concern if he reached that level. Caller Bob actually stood up and gave a pretty decent number where I was willing to admit that I was wrong if he reached that level. So, the season starts, and Caller Bob doubles down on it saying he is on pace for 57 home runs and I'm already wrong. leash and rpb jump in saying that I was stupid for even thinking there was an issue, while paradoxically also saying it would be fine to think it was an issue but it was dumb to mention the lack of home runs in the playoffs last year. Schwarber then sucks in general, gets demoted, and yet still it was dumb of me to think that power may have been a concern.

Now, keep in mind, I NEVER EVEN SAID HE LOST POWER! :lol: I said it was a concern that he may have. I even said it wouldn't surprise me if Schwarber hit those 34 home runs! But hey, leash and rpb say my argument was stupid, and even though they have yet to show they really understood it, they'll say things like "What if he hits 33 home runs then he has NO POWER lol"!

Live look in at rpb after this post:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Good stuff.

Live look in at rpb (pictured: right) after this post:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
It's ok to admit that you completely misread the WS performance, shared your flawed analysis (power worry) and have been proven wrong (power still there)

You even said it right there. He "hit zero homeruns since his return" as if you'd expect a decent homerun hitter to hit one every 4 games (in the WS against top pitching with a 5 month layoff no less)

Its fine. Really.
:lol: People think I'm stubborn.

Let me put it another way since the "34 home runs" thing is such an issue for you.

Schwarber is currently tied for 62nd in the league in home runs. He's 4 home runs behind "singles hitter" Jose Abreu. He has less home runs that Willson Contreras. There are 10 players in the league with 10+ more home runs than him for a guy that seemed on his way to being an elite home run hitter who could overcome being a pretty poor position player on a team that doesn't need a DH very often. So, even if we assume the 34 number is flawed, he is also showing poorly when compared to the rest of the league given what he was supposed to be. To be clear, we are talking about whether the concern was valid. Your argument is literally that I was stupid for even thinking that there would be an issue with Schwarber and his power numbers.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Good stuff.

Live look in at rpb after this post:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Kyle still has a puncher's chance at 30 home runs. But let's not derail this thread..its not about the Cubs, it's about how shitty Carson Fulmer is!

don't forget his minor league numbers either

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It's a slaughter of Cubs fans today between Rick here and gd in the Cubs Jays thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 pm 

IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Did you see all those attentive fans they showed in the park outside the stadium as the winning run scored yesterday?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 pm 

IMU wrote:
:lol: I brutalized that quote tag.

Another graduate of the Good Dolphin Institute for Higher Quote Function Usage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next