It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coop Interview
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Haugh just interviewed Coop, and Coop said the "we lost probably the best lefty in the league".

Who is he referring to?

https://app.radio.com/jIwRayrgi9

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

Post subject: Re: Coop Interview
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Probably referring to trading away Sale to start the rebuild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Probably referring to trading away Sale to start the rebuild

Ah. Makes sense, but that was 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:35 am 

maybe moncada, or one of the other cubans, went on the il

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Sale, I assume.

Is this the interview where he comes out?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:03 pm 

tommy wrote:
Sale, I assume.

Is this the interview where he comes out?

Coop is a sausage man?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:26 pm 

He was referring to Floyd Bannister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
rogers park bryan wrote:
He was referring to Floyd Bannister

Most definitely Wilbur Wood. Coop had just getting his feet wet as the pitching coach when Wood was moved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Damn salty!

“ Cooper on White Sox exit: ‘We no longer want you. You’re gone’

Less than two weeks after the 2020 season ended, the White Sox made an unexpected announcement.
After three years of regularly getting his brains beaten in managing a team in a rebuild and then guiding the Sox to the playoffs in his fourth season, Rick Renteria was out.

Renteria has declined to talk about his decision to “part ways,” which is how the White Sox phrased the transaction.

After paying deserved respect to Renteria and all of the heavy lifting he did without complaint, Sox general manager Rick Hahn dropped another bombshell Oct. 12.

Don Cooper, the longest-tenured pitching coach in the major leagues, also “mutually agreed to part ways.”
“I would be remiss as the general manager, this organization would be remiss and White Sox fans would be remiss if we didn’t take a moment to appreciate the contribution that Don Cooper has made to this organization over the last three decades,” Hahn said. “The memories we have, not only from (20)05, but from the developments of some of these pitchers over the recent history of this organization, from the Mark Buehrles to Jon Garland and Chris Sale, some of the big names that have thrilled us over the years are thanks in part to Don’s efforts.

“The White Sox and the front office and White Sox
fans owe a debt of gratitude to Don for everything he did over the years.”

Cooper was the Sox’s pitching coach for 19 seasons, and he spent 33 years in the organization.

Always outspoken, Cooper finally talked about the parting Thursday on the Parkins & Spiegel Show (AM-670). It’s pretty safe to say the 65-year-old New York City native did not agree to part ways.

“Here’s where you cut through the (crud),” Cooper said. “ ‘We no longer want you to do what you’re doing. You’re gone. You’re out.’ And that’s OK. I don’t want to be somewhere where I’m no longer wanted.”
After so many years with the White Sox, Cooper views his exit with a strong sense of betrayal.
“I spent more than half my life with the (Sox),” he said. “It’s not fun when people you look up to, admire and care for don’t do the same for you. It’s not fun.”

Co-host Danny Parkins asked Cooper who didn’t care for him.

“Obviously, nobody,” said Cooper, who didn’t care for the question. “I’m no longer with them. That’s a silly question. That’s a leading question. It’s a question trying to ask me something to get in trouble.”

Cooper tried deflecting questions about a long run with the White Sox after his opening remarks.

“I was happy and grateful for my opportunity,” he said. “It’s unfortunate. The bottom line is it hurt. When you’re no longer a part of something, it hurts. But I’m over that hurt and, trust me, I’ve moved on and I’m living my life. I knew the end could come. I knew the end was closer than the beginning.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Matt Thornton.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
To say nobody cared about him after keeping him on year after year, manager after manager, is just silly. But he got fired so some sour grapes are expected.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
He knows why he got fired. He should be EMBARRASSED by Giolito having to go outside to the organization to fix him. I think the Sox are worried with the rest of the young staff and up and comers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 am 

Give Cooper a call next Wednesday by about 7 pm and I'm sure he'll tell you everything you want to know.

Thanks for your service. Every coach should expect that when a team hires a new field manager that the assistants will change. Cooper became accustomed to being retained but it wasn't a reasonable expectation.

He was good-great but it was time for some new eyes. I think you can hear that hidden in player comments as well.

Also, Coop was considered the clubhouse snitch to the front office

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Who was the last guy he actually helped? Matt Thornton? That was a long time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Terry's Peeps wrote:
To say nobody cared about him after keeping him on year after year, manager after manager, is just silly. But he got fired so some sour grapes are expected.

It was funny listening to him on P&S. They started out with some pretty innocuous questions seemingly trying to establish a friendly conversation, but Coop almost immediately took offense. It sounded like he came on assuming they were hoping for dirt by focusing on his firing but they hadn't even really gone there yet and he was off on a tangent. You could hear Parkins trying to reel him in but Coop was all over the map. He said that if they hadn't lost Crochet they would have won the play-off series. It ended with him suggesting that The Score hire him - which I'll bet is being considered. I'm not sure he really brings much to the table in that regard but it could be entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:01 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It was funny listening to him on P&S. They started out with some pretty innocuous questions seemingly trying to establish a friendly conversation, but Coop almost immediately took offense. It sounded like he came on assuming they were hoping for dirt by focusing on his firing but they hadn't even really gone there yet and he was off on a tangent. You could hear Parkins trying to reel him in but Coop was all over the map. He said that if they hadn't lost Crochet they would have won the play-off series. It ended with him suggesting that The Score hire him - which I'll bet is being considered. I'm not sure he really brings much to the table in that regard but it could be entertaining.

Coop has a permanent case of red ass that is further fueled by drinking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Which is why he should have a permanent weekly segment

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:09 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Give him a nightly segment with Les.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:17 pm 

Cashman wrote:
He knows why he got fired. He should be EMBARRASSED by Giolito having to go outside to the organization to fix him. I think the Sox are worried with the rest of the young staff and up and comers.

^THIS

Cooper should've been fired in 2018 (probably sooner) but that year for sure when Giolito was the worst pitcher in the AL and then went to Ethan Katz to shorten his throwing motion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Any future Coop segment would be as exploitive as Mike from Milwaukee or Bob from Niles segments. An old mentally gone broken down alcoholic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Any future Coop segment would be as exploitive as Mike from Milwaukee or Bob from Niles segments. An old mentally gone broken down alcoholic.

Who cares? An unleashed, drunken Coop would be wildly entertaining.

If Parkins/Spiegs had an ounce of the old B&B sensibilities, they’d make it happen.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Coop has always been a horrible interview. He's about 80% anger and attitude and 20% substance. I'm not sorry to see him disappear from the air waves. Also, he had an insanely long run as a pitching coach. Those guys are typically hired just to be fired.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
He came off sounding like a whiner.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:10 am 

Darkside wrote:
He came off sounding like a whiner.

I'd whine too when after being fired, my ex-boss said it was mutual.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Said he doesn't want to talk about himself. What's he do? Talks about himself non-stop. One of the last of the Mohicans old assholes in a ass kissing pro sports culture. Wonder how long he would of lasted with his abrasive personality if loyal Jerry wasn't his team owner. Probably knows pitching. Comes across as a clown. P & S had to kiss his ass or he'd hang-up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:04 pm 

He's forgotten more about pitching than I'll ever know. What he doesn't know is how to mechanically get 2 more MPH on the fastball and another half inch on the curve. That's why he's gone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:44 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

^THIS

Cooper should've been fired in 2018 (probably sooner) but that year for sure when Giolito was the worst pitcher in the AL and then went to Ethan Katz to shorten his throwing motion.

There was more than one mlb level pitching coach who couldn't crack the code with Giolito. Several professional minor league ones helped him succeed by changing him around.

He was on his last chance and wanted to revert to what got him there. There was no particular brilliance in what Katz offered him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Warren Newson wrote:
Coop has always been a horrible interview. He's about 80% anger and attitude and 20% substance. I'm not sorry to see him disappear from the air waves. Also, he had an insanely long run as a pitching coach. Those guys are typically hired just to be fired.

yea, his 'anger' doesn't come across nearly as funny as say OB/Doug's did
it's more embarrassing
still, give him a weekly segment

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:49 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Agreed. Did he expect to have a job until HE decided he was done? or is he salty because he wasn't offered a manager position?

Not smart on his part. He was begging Parkin's for a job. Wanted them to hire him as the baseball guy :lol:

If he didn't burn the bridge with Jerry, he would have had some kind of job at the WhiteSox. Now he is stuck begging for peanuts at the score.