It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am 

312player wrote:
Sale is fine, he'll rest up for his October showcase, 3.30 era is a good second half in the A. L. ..that Moyer Comp is garbage ..hes Randy in the first half, Jon Lester in the 2nd half.

Hyperbole.

If were really finding a comp for 29-34 with a 3.30 era he's Ted Lily or Quintana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
None of these guys will be as good as Sale and they couldn't build a rotation around him.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
The arm side run on Kopech's fastball has to be seen to be believed and he's so cocksure on the mound. He's fun as hell to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
MartyD47 wrote:
The arm side run on Kopech's fastball has to be seen to be believed and he's so cocksure on the mound. He's fun as hell to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
Chris Sale ERA by month:

Apr 2.91
May 2.57
Jun 2.61
Jul 2.61
Aug 3.31
Sep 3.79

The uncomfortable truth about Chris Sale is that he is really only a 150 inning pitcher. Sox tried to remedy this last year by getting him away from the slider, but the decision to rebuild was made and the Sox abandoned it and let Sale do Sale. You combine this with his attitude problems and general craziness and he's a bit overrated. I was very happy with the decision to deal him, just not a fan of what they got in return.

For the last 2 seasons, August has been either the highest or second-highest ERA posted by league starters out of all months of the season. Traditionally, it looks like starting pitchers league-wide surrender their highest monthly OPS-against in August. I can look at more data to confirm that, but Baseball Reference has some bad flash ads running on it right now, slowing the shit out of my PC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:23 pm 

MartyD47 wrote:

:lol: Wow.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
312player wrote:
Sale is fine, he'll rest up for his October showcase, 3.30 era is a good second half in the A. L. ..that Moyer Comp is garbage ..hes Randy in the first half, Jon Lester in the 2nd half.

Said it before, will say it again: The next big game Sale wins will be his first. He's had a couple big games with the Sox and he fell short.

Guy shuts down in the second half every season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 pm 

Sale is a great pitcher for 160 innings. It will be interesting to see how he pitches in the postseason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
MartyD47 wrote:
Sale is a great pitcher for 160 innings. It will be interesting to see how he pitches in the postseason.

I was hoping Boston would be further ahead so Sale could come up with a pulled something or another and sit for a few starts. Who knows--maybe he'll get his second wind in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
KDdidit wrote:

Are you a fan of Peep Show?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Pretty much all of the Mitchell and Webb stuff. Love me some Numberwang.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 am 

MartyD47 wrote:
I have to say Kopech is the real deal, pair him with Rodon at the top and the Sox are going to be contending for division titles sooner than we think. He is at 97-99 easy heat. All things being equal he is going to be a monster on that mound.

You mean THREE with Giolito, Kopech and Rodon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kopech will be lucky to have the career of Andrew Cashner

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:34 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:
I have to say Kopech is the real deal, pair him with Rodon at the top and the Sox are going to be contending for division titles sooner than we think. He is at 97-99 easy heat. All things being equal he is going to be a monster on that mound.

With Hansen and Dunning at Birmingham. I think the Sox will be in contention for a wild card spot next season based on their rotation and how bad Detroit and KC will be. It will be almost like playing in the NL Central.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol:

Waves and waves of talent and ALL of them will be successful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
Kopech will be lucky to have the career of Andrew Cashner

Which is good news for Sox fans because that means he will be traded for a first baseman twice as good as Jose Abrue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
MartyD47 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

With Hansen and Dunning at Birmingham. I think the Sox will be in contention for a wild card spot next season based on their rotation and how bad Detroit and KC will be. It will be almost like playing in the NL Central.

You think Kopech, Hansen, and Dunning will be on the MLB roster next year (or even ALL 3 just getting a sniff)? Where's Lopez?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm 

Pal wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

You think Kopech, Hansen, and Dunning will be on the MLB roster next year (or even ALL 3 just getting a sniff)? Where's Lopez?

I think by the middle of May the rotation will be Rodon, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Shields and by the beginning of August, Shields is replaced by either Hansen or Dunning. 38 games against the Royals and Tigers will keep this team in postseason contention into August at the very least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:36 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

and WE are in contention for the #1 pick

nary a peep from Joe Sheehan about it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

good dolphin wrote:
THE WHITE SOX ARE NOT TANKING

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Anderson and Engel play almost everyday. They are fucking terrible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Pal wrote:

The plan is clearly to have Kopech up very early in the year. I think its possible he breaks camp with the big league club. Hansen will probably come later, August or so. Dunning is on the bubble for me, if they are in the race they will move him up as a reliever/6th starter.

1 Rodon 2 Giolito 3 Lopez 4 Kopech 5 FA (Lance Lynn???)

The pen will be taken of, I have confidence in that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

#5 is Shields, like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
America wrote:
Chris Sale ERA by month:

Apr 2.91
May 2.57
Jun 2.61
Jul 2.61
Aug 3.31
Sep 3.79

The uncomfortable truth about Chris Sale is that he is really only a 150 inning pitcher. Sox tried to remedy this last year by getting him away from the slider, but the decision to rebuild was made and the Sox abandoned it and let Sale do Sale. You combine this with his attitude problems and general craziness and he's a bit overrated. I was very happy with the decision to deal him, just not a fan of what they got in return.

For the last 2 seasons, August has been either the highest or second-highest ERA posted by league starters out of all months of the season. Traditionally, it looks like starting pitchers league-wide surrender their highest monthly OPS-against in August. I can look at more data to confirm that, but Baseball Reference has some bad flash ads running on it right now, slowing the shit out of my PC.

Glad to see someone pays attention. I said last season after Sale was off to a great first half, that he would not win the Cy Young because he would fade in the 2nd half as he always has. I will not be surprised if he is a disappointment in the playoffs with the Red Sox for that reason. He just wears down.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
A quality lawyer would be able to convincingly keep this charade up. I guess dolphin just doesn't have it in him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
America wrote:
Pal wrote:

The plan is clearly to have Kopech up very early in the year. I think its possible he breaks camp with the big league club. Hansen will probably come later, August or so. Dunning is on the bubble for me, if they are in the race they will move him up as a reliever/6th starter.

Like Lance Lynn in the lineup a lot (think he's gonna land a pretty nice deal somewhere though). IF those 5 are the rotation early next season, the team will be making a huge leap pretty quick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pal wrote:
America wrote:
Pal wrote:

Like Lance Lynn in the lineup a lot (think he's gonna land a pretty nice deal somewhere though). IF those 5 are the rotation early next season, the team will be making a huge leap pretty quick.

Assuming that Rodon, Giolito, and Lopez are part of the rotation to open the season (and Rodon is the only one who is guaranteed that spot), there's probably still a chance that Shields is part of the rotation leaving only 1 spot open. There are typically more off days in April so not sure if that helps/hurts a young starter get regular innings (or extra rest). Still think they are going to sign another Dererk Holland type to help eat innings with the intention of trading (obviously, somebody better than Holland).

One way or another, if 2 or 3 of these younger minor league prospects continue to pitch well, they will be on the roster before long. They could start one or two of these guys from the bullpen as they have with other young starters in the past, but there's no guarantee that Giolito or Lopez will live up to the hype next season either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I said last season after Sale was off to a great first half, that he would not win the Cy Young because he would fade in the 2nd half as he always has.
Except he didn't quite "fade".

His ERA, WHIP, K per 9 were all better post 2016 AS Break than they were pre AS break. Now if you meant that he could not keep up a win% of .824, then I would have agreed with the sun rising in the east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

good dolphin wrote:
THE WHITE SOX ARE NOT TANKING

How do you define tanking?

Tanking is not the same as losing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 am 

There is 100% chance Shields is in the rotation at the beginning of next year and a 0% chance for Kopech. JR isn't eating a year of Shields salary without a last chance to redeem himself. RH isn't burning through a year of Kopech control, especially since he has spent almost no time above AA. He might be there in MLB by June along with Jimenez.

Some of you are misguided thinking these prospects will spring from Rick Hahn's head fully grown. Three rookie pitchers in the starting rotation and several others in the bullpen equates to developmental year with some great moments but more rough times.