It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 am 

This guy nails it...

Why most of us White Sox fans ain’t cheering for the Cubs
12 comments
Save
By SoxNet Writer, November 1, 2016 at 4:17 pm
This is a guest article and not reflective of the opinions of SoxNet or its writers.

By Robert Dean,

Here’s the thing about being a White Sox fan: it’s hard. Like, ultra-depressing hard. There’s little joy in loving the team who gets the shaft nationally and locally. ESPN forgot we even won a World Series eleven years ago. And when we did win one, did we get the cover? Nope. We got some blurb up in the right-hand corner of Sports Illustrated.

So it goes as a White Sox fan. It’s given us a complex. White Sox fans are the biggest pack of self-hating, self-mutilating, and self-disturbed fans in all of Major League Baseball.

White Sox fans are so obsessed with winning that we punish the team on the field for losing. We don’t show up to games if the season is in the toilet. In our minds, let the bottom line rot because if you can’t give us value for our dollar, we ain’t buying. It’s a favorite theme in Chicago that Wrigley is full because it’s beautiful, and whatever the hell Comiskey Park is called now, sits one-third full. Reason being? We’re sending a message. There’s nothing to do after the game. You don’t go to Bridgeport to hang out. We’re the geriatric home for players past their prime, and what’s the plus? To buy eight dollar beers? The White Sox give us ulcers with their constant, frustrating mediocrity.

But, there’s a catch – We still love the Sox. White Sox fans have an intrinsic identity that’s tied to the team. We get so mad about everything they do, or they’re not doing, because their success or failures are a reflection of ourselves.

Growing up on the South Side, folks assume we live in a ghetto or we’re too dumb to do anything but work in the trades, that our home turf is a gangland. We hear that anyone from off Archer Avenue is only useful for fixing broken concrete, being a cop or greasing palms with union thuggery. The Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears? They belong to the city. But, not the White Sox. They’re ours. And when they win, they’re winning for us. The White Sox belong to the South Side, and we don’t like to’ share – they’re our birthright.

During the playoffs, we cheer for the Central Division. Not because we’re psyched to see our direct competitors do well. We hope seeing those teams making playoff runs will give our front office nightmares. So the Indians being in the World Series should irk us, but we’re more focused on our cross-town rivals, the Cubs.

We can’t help it. It could be that we harbor an insane, frothing jealousy. Being a White Sox fan in Chicago is being like the dork at the prom hiding in the shadows while the Cubs prance around the dance floor holding a beer, spilling just a little bit, but never letting the whole thing splash on the floor. Everyone is around them cheering them on, while we’re hoping Denny’s won’t be busy afterward. No one’s paying attention to us.

Cubs lore is full of merchandising and symbolism, while the White Sox have a cool logo. We don’t have Eddie Vedder, or Bill Murray – sure, we’ve got Obama, but that’s it. We don’t have the cool fans, or the culture surrounding the team. Instead, we’ve got once Playmate, now anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy pulling for the Good Guys. We’re glued together by a percolating misery that next year will suck as bad as this one.

In the nineties and early 2000s, the White Sox were a part of baseball culture. We had winning ball clubs and had the strike not happened we would have sealed the deal in 1994. Then baseball went into a spiraling depression and only the summer of Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire ‘roiding up and smashing tape-measure dingers saved the sport. Even then it was a Cub who lifted the curse.

Those years we hated the Cubs because they reminded us of what we weren’t: they played in “The Friendly Confines” in a fun part of town, and had little expectations other than a good time. They had Harry Caray and we had…. Hawk Harrelson. No contest there, folks. But, we both sucked, and the rivalry remained this social boxing match of your guys suck even worse than we do. People got into fights over dumb things; it was what it was. But, then things started changing, the Cubs bobbed and moved in the Andy McPhail era and got close to making a bid for a championship.

The Sox, on the other hand, hired former player Kenny Williams to shore up our talent and make us a winner. And for one season, he did just that. With the right amount of dumpster dive moves, along with cutting and pasting some has-beens with some no-names and one Hall of Famer, we did it: the White Sox got a ring. For one glorious season, the sun shined on the dog’s ass. But then, that same hack in the front office kept promising us a winner. We got nothing but a trip back into the cellar.

But, back to the Cubs – McPhail’s out. Theo Epstein was in. The Theo Epstein who built the Boston Red Sox from a middling second banana to the Yankees, to three-time World Series winner. Once the city of Chicago saw he was coming, we knew it was serious. Then came Joe Madden, widely considered one of baseball’s elite managers. Who do the White Sox hire? Robin Ventura – a fan favorite player with zero managing skills. With Theo at the helm, the Cubs cleaned house, traded away impact players with large salaries to build from the ground up. They fostered young talent and made a deal with the fans: Just Wait.

Meanwhile, on the South side, the White Sox filled holes with pricey has-beens like Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche, Manny Ramirez, Andruw Jones, and company. But as White Sox lore goes, “Kenny always gets his man,” even six years too late.

The Cubs built a franchise the city believes in; they’re young, enigmatic, and fun to watch. The W flag is raised, and they sing that dumb song. Meanwhile, down on the South Side, that rebuild is exactly what the fans want. Instead, we get Star Wars night, Elvis night, or some fried hot dog. Instead of worrying about what’s on the field, we’re more worried about statues on the concourse.

Ask your average White Sox fan if we’d trade Chris Sale for a slew of prospects. We would. As far as we’re concerned, the whole team is up for grabs. There are no true “untouchable” fan favorites anymore, just some guys in our uniform.

This World Series, White Sox fans can’t cheer for the Cubs. We can’t buy into the “Chicago fan” mentality. That’s a cop out. That’s not true to our outsider identity and certainly not indicative of our culture. To say you’re comfortable jumping on the bandwagon to cheer for the Cubs is dismissive of everything our team sadly is.

For over a century, we’ve contested one another’s abilities, but now, we’re being left in the dust, and it hurts. We’ve always been the second-class team, and now, there’s no end in sight. Just as the junkie refuses their medicine, the White Sox fans will cheer against the Cubs because the mirror has cracks, and seeing what’s staring back makes us puke. Worst of all, there’s no one to blame except our own front office.

Robert Dean is a writer, journalist, and cynic. His most recent novel, The Red Seven is in stores. Currently, he’s working on his newest novel, Tragedy Wish Me Luck. He also likes ice cream and panda bears.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
This guy nails it...

Why most of us White Sox fans ain’t cheering for the Cubs
12 comments
Save
By SoxNet Writer, November 1, 2016 at 4:17 pm
This is a guest article and not reflective of the opinions of SoxNet or its writers.

By Robert Dean,

Here’s the thing about being a White Sox fan: it’s hard. Like, ultra-depressing hard. There’s little joy in loving the team who gets the shaft nationally and locally. ESPN forgot we even won a World Series eleven years ago. And when we did win one, did we get the cover? Nope. We got some blurb up in the right-hand corner of Sports Illustrated.

So it goes as a White Sox fan. It’s given us a complex. White Sox fans are the biggest pack of self-hating, self-mutilating, and self-disturbed fans in all of Major League Baseball.

White Sox fans are so obsessed with winning that we punish the team on the field for losing. We don’t show up to games if the season is in the toilet. In our minds, let the bottom line rot because if you can’t give us value for our dollar, we ain’t buying. It’s a favorite theme in Chicago that Wrigley is full because it’s beautiful, and whatever the hell Comiskey Park is called now, sits one-third full. Reason being? We’re sending a message. There’s nothing to do after the game. You don’t go to Bridgeport to hang out. We’re the geriatric home for players past their prime, and what’s the plus? To buy eight dollar beers? The White Sox give us ulcers with their constant, frustrating mediocrity.

But, there’s a catch – We still love the Sox. White Sox fans have an intrinsic identity that’s tied to the team. We get so mad about everything they do, or they’re not doing, because their success or failures are a reflection of ourselves.

Growing up on the South Side, folks assume we live in a ghetto or we’re too dumb to do anything but work in the trades, that our home turf is a gangland. We hear that anyone from off Archer Avenue is only useful for fixing broken concrete, being a cop or greasing palms with union thuggery. The Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears? They belong to the city. But, not the White Sox. They’re ours. And when they win, they’re winning for us. The White Sox belong to the South Side, and we don’t like to’ share – they’re our birthright.

During the playoffs, we cheer for the Central Division. Not because we’re psyched to see our direct competitors do well. We hope seeing those teams making playoff runs will give our front office nightmares. So the Indians being in the World Series should irk us, but we’re more focused on our cross-town rivals, the Cubs.

We can’t help it. It could be that we harbor an insane, frothing jealousy. Being a White Sox fan in Chicago is being like the dork at the prom hiding in the shadows while the Cubs prance around the dance floor holding a beer, spilling just a little bit, but never letting the whole thing splash on the floor. Everyone is around them cheering them on, while we’re hoping Denny’s won’t be busy afterward. No one’s paying attention to us.

Cubs lore is full of merchandising and symbolism, while the White Sox have a cool logo. We don’t have Eddie Vedder, or Bill Murray – sure, we’ve got Obama, but that’s it. We don’t have the cool fans, or the culture surrounding the team. Instead, we’ve got once Playmate, now anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy pulling for the Good Guys. We’re glued together by a percolating misery that next year will suck as bad as this one.

In the nineties and early 2000s, the White Sox were a part of baseball culture. We had winning ball clubs and had the strike not happened we would have sealed the deal in 1994. Then baseball went into a spiraling depression and only the summer of Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire ‘roiding up and smashing tape-measure dingers saved the sport. Even then it was a Cub who lifted the curse.

Those years we hated the Cubs because they reminded us of what we weren’t: they played in “The Friendly Confines” in a fun part of town, and had little expectations other than a good time. They had Harry Caray and we had…. Hawk Harrelson. No contest there, folks. But, we both sucked, and the rivalry remained this social boxing match of your guys suck even worse than we do. People got into fights over dumb things; it was what it was. But, then things started changing, the Cubs bobbed and moved in the Andy McPhail era and got close to making a bid for a championship.

The Sox, on the other hand, hired former player Kenny Williams to shore up our talent and make us a winner. And for one season, he did just that. With the right amount of dumpster dive moves, along with cutting and pasting some has-beens with some no-names and one Hall of Famer, we did it: the White Sox got a ring. For one glorious season, the sun shined on the dog’s ass. But then, that same hack in the front office kept promising us a winner. We got nothing but a trip back into the cellar.

But, back to the Cubs – McPhail’s out. Theo Epstein was in. The Theo Epstein who built the Boston Red Sox from a middling second banana to the Yankees, to three-time World Series winner. Once the city of Chicago saw he was coming, we knew it was serious. Then came Joe Madden, widely considered one of baseball’s elite managers. Who do the White Sox hire? Robin Ventura – a fan favorite player with zero managing skills. With Theo at the helm, the Cubs cleaned house, traded away impact players with large salaries to build from the ground up. They fostered young talent and made a deal with the fans: Just Wait.

Meanwhile, on the South side, the White Sox filled holes with pricey has-beens like Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche, Manny Ramirez, Andruw Jones, and company. But as White Sox lore goes, “Kenny always gets his man,” even six years too late.

The Cubs built a franchise the city believes in; they’re young, enigmatic, and fun to watch. The W flag is raised, and they sing that dumb song. Meanwhile, down on the South Side, that rebuild is exactly what the fans want. Instead, we get Star Wars night, Elvis night, or some fried hot dog. Instead of worrying about what’s on the field, we’re more worried about statues on the concourse.

Ask your average White Sox fan if we’d trade Chris Sale for a slew of prospects. We would. As far as we’re concerned, the whole team is up for grabs. There are no true “untouchable” fan favorites anymore, just some guys in our uniform.

This World Series, White Sox fans can’t cheer for the Cubs. We can’t buy into the “Chicago fan” mentality. That’s a cop out. That’s not true to our outsider identity and certainly not indicative of our culture. To say you’re comfortable jumping on the bandwagon to cheer for the Cubs is dismissive of everything our team sadly is.

For over a century, we’ve contested one another’s abilities, but now, we’re being left in the dust, and it hurts. We’ve always been the second-class team, and now, there’s no end in sight. Just as the junkie refuses their medicine, the White Sox fans will cheer against the Cubs because the mirror has cracks, and seeing what’s staring back makes us puke. Worst of all, there’s no one to blame except our own front office.

Robert Dean is a writer, journalist, and cynic. His most recent novel, The Red Seven is in stores. Currently, he’s working on his newest novel, Tragedy Wish Me Luck. He also likes ice cream and panda bears.
Why are you so desperate to believe this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Why are you so desperate for this to be false? Just own it. It's your birthright as a Sox fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you so desperate to believe this?

Desperate?

You bring up this topic more than anyone.

That article is just that one guy's opinion. I know of many more who agree with him than would disagree.

But if it makes you guys feel better to believe its even, that's fine. Even steven.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF is so unbelievably wrong. I could message all the Sox fans I'm friends with on Facebook and ask "do you hate the Cubs?" Response would be overwhelming yes. If I did the reverse it would be a lot of 'I don't hate them but I don't like them... I really hate the cardinals"

Maybe if he was actually a fan like Frank and Peeps and he would get it.
The Cubs hatred of the Sox is more subtle, and done in a way to try and make them feel like they are fans "the right way" by not caring.

:lol: What?

Stop hating the Sox!

Hate the Sox more!

You guys' Cubs complex is astounding.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
He's on our side. He just thinks it's not as big of a difference as I do.
I know it's not as big a difference. 60-40 at best. In 2005 it was probably closer to 50-50.

You don't know shit. And you're wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF is so unbelievably wrong. I could message all the Sox fans I'm friends with on Facebook and ask "do you hate the Cubs?" Response would be overwhelming yes. If I did the reverse it would be a lot of 'I don't hate them but I don't like them... I really hate the cardinals"

Maybe if he was actually a fan like Frank and Peeps and he would get it.
The Cubs hatred of the Sox is more subtle, and done in a way to try and make them feel like they are fans "the right way" by not caring.

:lol: What?

Stop hating the Sox!

Hate the Sox more!

You guys' Cubs complex is astounding.
I don't think you understood.

Cubs fans, as prominently displayed in this thread, take pride in the fact that "Sox fans hate the Cubs more than we do". It's just another way to try and act superior. Just look at rpb, he has a huge tally of "Sox fans who hate the Cubs". Hank Scorpio and you won't even entertain the idea that many Cubs fans hate the Sox too. You go as far as saying "Well, this board doesn't really represent it. I know it is true". You seemingly think I hate the Cubs because I said bad things about Theo and yet rpb constantly put down the 2005 World Series title(while claiming he didn't). This is all being done in a thread created by a Cubs fan to specifically target the White Sox and their lack of ever doing this.

Oh, I forgot. The Sox fans have forced you into this! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
He's on our side. He just thinks it's not as big of a difference as I do.
I know it's not as big a difference. 60-40 at best. In 2005 it was probably closer to 50-50.

You don't know shit. And you're wrong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Cubs fans so desperate for this to be true they are viciously attacking Sox fans.

Very NASty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rpb constantly put down the 2005 World Series title(while claiming he didn't).:

This is laughable. I could pull up 100 quotes talking about their dominant run and how good that team was.

You are insanely sensitive about anyone who dares to question the White Sox WS team as the greatest team ever or that Kenny Williams did the greatest GM job of all time that season.

Saying a GM had a bunch of FA gambles pay off is not a slight to anyone but you. It's just a fact.

I guess this is why you see it the way you do. It makes sense if you are classifying "doesnt think 05 team was best ever" = hatred of the Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Cubs fans so desperate for this to be true they are viciously attacking Sox fans.

Very NASty.

It's even, if not more hatred on the Cubs side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is laughable. I could pull up 100 quotes talking about their dominant run and how good that team was.

You are insanely sensitive about anyone who dares to question the White Sox WS team as the greatest team ever or that Kenny Williams did the greatest GM job of all time that season.

Saying a GM had a bunch of FA gambles pay off is not a slight to anyone but you. It's just a fact.

I guess this is why you see it the way you do. It makes sense if you are classifying "doesnt think 05 team was best ever" = hatred of the Sox.

I have never heard you say something similar about the Cubs last year, or honestly any other championship baseball team.

I believe your exact quote was "rolled the dice and it all came up Aces" but that doesn't mean they got lucky so it's cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 am 

So sensitive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
So sensitive.
Exactly. He should have just admitted that his word choice was poor and using a dice game that literally is luck was a poor choice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I have never heard you say something similar about the Cubs last year, or honestly any other championship baseball team.

I believe your exact quote was "rolled the dice and it all came up Aces" but that doesn't mean they got lucky so it's cool.

Ive given you several other examples. The Cubs didnt really work that way. They had a couple teams like that (89,98, 07) make the playoffs but not win it all.

Some teams have more of an "everything coming together" situation than others. The 2013 Red Sox fit this description, too. 2015 Mets would have if they finished it off. 2010 Giants.

Kenny still did a good job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
So sensitive.
Exactly. He should have just admitted that his word choice was poor and using a dice game that literally is luck was a poor choice.

Oh my god. :lol: :lol:

Dice and Aces is just a reference to gambling.

You really are the most sensitive White Sox fan I've ever come across.

The 2005 White Sox were a great championship team, Kenny Williams is terrific, and Jerry Reinsdorf is a saint!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Is this a bit where you're trying to prove the article correct?

Its not enough to say Kenny did a good job. THAT IS AN INSULT!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 am 

Rick gets hysterical anytime anyone makes the slightest critique of the Sox; meanwhile, his fellow Sox fans are busy creating threads to outright mock the Cubs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Is this a bit where you're trying to prove the article correct?

Its not enough to say Kenny did a good job. THAT IS AN INSULT!!!!

It has to be a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
WHAT"S to hate ?? Not in WIN MODE, just a special kind of rebuilding, because its not the NORMAL kind of rebuilding! IT"S a special kind of rebuilding that only Kenny has the mental aptitude to be able to comprehend. His brilliance escapes all.

Just like MOAN MONCADA was compared to Sandbergs!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......LOLOLOLOLOL

ONCE AGAIN, what"s to hate? The SOX are likes ants at a picnic. Annoying, but nothing that RUINS the party!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am 

Big Brane wrote:
Annoying, but nothing that RUINS the party!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Yeah, all White Sox fans I know brazenly shit on the Cubs in whatever way possible at that moment, and are proud of it. My mom's boyfriend grew up in Bridgeport just off of Halsted... he has 'joked' about his two favorite teams being the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs multiple times. My senior year, each day after the Cubs blew Games 5, 6 & 7 of the 03 NLCS, the Sox fans were belligerent. That was their World Series victory at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
IMU wrote:
Yeah, all White Sox fans I know brazenly shit on the Cubs in whatever way possible at that moment, and are proud of it. My mom's boyfriend grew up in Bridgeport just off of Halsted... he has 'joked' about his two favorite teams being the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs multiple times. My senior year, each day after the Cubs blew Games 5, 6 & 7 of the 03 NLCS, the Sox fans were belligerent. That was their World Series victory at the time.

Dad says hi.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:48 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
So sensitive.

The 2005 White Sox were a great championship team, Kenny Williams is terrific, and Jerry Reinsdorf is a saint!

Gambling is literally luck too. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Rick gets hysterical anytime anyone makes the slightest critique of the Sox; meanwhile, his fellow Sox fans are busy creating threads to outright mock the Cubs
I'm just giving examples.

As for this board, I was told it isn't representative of the two fan bases.

As I said, rpb could just say that it was poor word choice to use a phrase that literally means "get lucky".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
woah, catching up on this thread. frank knocking his own ass out.

poor guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am 

IMU wrote:

That's the thing of it. After 2005, I(& most Sox fans) really gave less than a damn about the Cubs. And that was after a lifetime of absolute hatred of them. Then came the bigoted Ricketts, Bernstein and then the queer canonization of Theo. Not to mention his duly ordained process and the unquestionable faith in numbers. That the media and the most obnoxious strain of a fanbase just won't shut about.

The game has been reduced to OPS+, BABIP and WAR, fantasy numbers for assholes with no team sport talent, but who want in on the game. It wasn't enough to just crow about attendance titles, but how the new "mastery" of statistical approaches became the only way to "understand" the game. Every business major on this board passed at least a semester of stats, but not one of us would think to gloat about it, or frame entire discussions about a game played since childhood using it. That's assholish AND now #SoCub.

But that same virulent, suck the fun out of baseball group never shuts up about knowing numbers, or how Hawk must go, or the wisdom in over-drafting Schwarber (who I loved at IU btw) until it's not. Hell that same group loves to shit on former Cubbie prospects/players the second they take off that foolish looking hat. I could even stomach most of that until you realize that it's what has left us on air with DiCaro, Silvy & Waddle, Brian Kenny, the KapMan & Bernstein sucking the life out of what had been a funny diversion.

So when your Cubbies win, it was about time, but stop confusing it with finding a new version of the Gospels in some saints' hand written Aramaic on 1900 year old parchment. That MANY of you do so, so much has brought back my Cubbie hatred in full force and has me absolutely reveling in the most painful Cub losses possible. For that I'm left a little empty around here after ranting, because I genuinely like most of the passionate Cub fans around here.

And to clear the record, my disgust with that franchise & a segment of it's fanatics has transcended baseball for over 40 years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
So sensitive.

Gambling is literally luck too. :lol:

You can post as many smilies as you want. Everyone sees how irrational you are with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next