It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fixing good dolphin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
An army is only as strong as it's leader. I think Alexander said that.

JORR is great but he can't be the standard bearer. His true love is the win statistic and criss-crossing loyalties can't get us through these troubled times.

Frank is a good soldier, but not officer material.

Brick? No thanks. Though I have nothing but love for him.

Same for FF.

Nobody wants me to do it, and I'm too depressed from last year's run even so.

So we gotta fix good dolphin. How do we get this guy back afloat?

Subdivision ONLY. Caller Bob and IMU are BANNED.

Post subject: Re: Fixing good dolphin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm 

Don't be fooled by the fake news of a few of the anxious cubbie fans. Ain't nothing to fix. When you see a post with no responses, then you have something to worry about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm 

Worried because I care

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm ready to serve under General Hatchetman. Maybe he can right the ship.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:27 pm 

eh I'm not sure I trust a parent to lead us

edit- i'm aware good dolphin is a parent. but he's also a lawyer so it cancels out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Theres only really two options, America and Jorr. Problem is Jorr is 20% Cub fan and America has gone soft since moving to France. You need some new recruits.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
America wrote:

edit- i'm aware good dolphin is a parent. but he's also a lawyer so it cancels out.

:lol: Hell, I shoulda been a law talkin' guy.

If we ever did need a leader, we could do one of them Spartan things. Two kings. They would obviously be Frank and Keyser. Not much two-way communication, but still would be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
312player wrote:
Theres only really two options, America and Jorr. Problem is Jorr is 20% Cub fan and America has gone soft since moving to France. You need some new recruits.

Too bad we ain't got any more South Siders who are Sox fans....smh.....still time to come to Jesus, my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 pm 

America wrote:
An army is only as strong as it's leader. I think Alexander said that.

JORR is great but he can't be the standard bearer. His true love is the win statistic and criss-crossing loyalties can't get us through these troubled times.

Frank is a good soldier, but not officer material.

Brick? No thanks. Though I have nothing but love for him.

Same for FF.

Nobody wants me to do it, and I'm too depressed from last year's run even so.

So we gotta fix good dolphin. How do we get this guy back afloat?

Subdivision ONLY. Caller Bob and IMU are BANNED.

Subdivision lead by GD.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm ready to serve under General Hatchetman. Maybe he can right the ship.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm 

America wrote:
Worried because I care

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm 

tommy wrote:
America wrote:

:lol: Hell, I shoulda been a law talkin' guy.

If we ever did need a leader, we could do one of them Spartan things. Two kings. They would obviously be Frank and Keyser. Not much two-way communication, but still would be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
good dolphin wrote:
Don't be fooled by the fake news of a few of the anxious cubbie fans. Ain't nothing to fix. When you see a post with no responses, then you have something to worry about.

No Dolphin. It's time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm 

Keyser is too baseball-y. Plus he'll just scream QUICK HANDS every time Tim Anderson rips a fart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm 

Good Dolphin's in laws have been trying to fix him for MANY years now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:25 am 

America wrote:
Keyser is too baseball-y. Plus he'll just scream QUICK HANDS every time Tim Anderson rips a fart.

I don't think those skills are related but if they are, damn. He's more talented than I thought.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
Keyser has no business even serving in this army. His Robin Ventura love earned him a dishonorable discharge.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 am 

MartyD is a rising star in the Subdivision.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 am 

MLB free agency: One free agent each team should sign
by Joshua Sadlock2 weeks agoFollow @JoshSadlock

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Chicago White Sox: Wade Miley

The first year of the White Sox rebuild has not been a complete disaster, but their time to contend is still several years away. Their hopes hinge on the development of young pitching prospects, much like the Braves. This year has seen Lucas Giolito rise to the big leagues and perform well, but the White Sox still need to wait on Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease and Reynaldo Lopez.

Giolito and Lopez should start the 2018 season in the White Sox rotation, and will definitely be joined by James Shields. Beyond those three, the Sox will be looking to fill out their rotation with cheap, veteran innings eaters. It’s not about winning, it’s about getting through the season without putting too much pressure on the young arms and risking their future.

Wade Miley is coming off a miserable year with the Orioles, but he has taken his turn every fifth day with great reliability. Since reaching the big leagues in 2012, Miley has appeared in at least 30 games each season and has been good for at least 150 innings.

Miley is difficult to watch on the mound because he is not blessed with overwhelming stuff. He nibbles around the edges of the strike zone and leads the majors in walks this year. The left-hander will still draw interest in free agency because he is still only 30 and is durable. The White Sox can get him on the cheap and send him out every fifth day. In a year where the results won’t matter, that’s more than enough for a rebuilding team like Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:54 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
MLB free agency: One free agent each team should sign
by Joshua Sadlock2 weeks agoFollow @JoshSadlock

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Chicago White Sox: Wade Miley

The first year of the White Sox rebuild has not been a complete disaster, but their time to contend is still several years away. Their hopes hinge on the development of young pitching prospects, much like the Braves. This year has seen Lucas Giolito rise to the big leagues and perform well, but the White Sox still need to wait on Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease and Reynaldo Lopez.

Giolito and Lopez should start the 2018 season in the White Sox rotation, and will definitely be joined by James Shields. Beyond those three, the Sox will be looking to fill out their rotation with cheap, veteran innings eaters. It’s not about winning, it’s about getting through the season without putting too much pressure on the young arms and risking their future.

Wade Miley is coming off a miserable year with the Orioles, but he has taken his turn every fifth day with great reliability. Since reaching the big leagues in 2012, Miley has appeared in at least 30 games each season and has been good for at least 150 innings.

Miley is difficult to watch on the mound because he is not blessed with overwhelming stuff. He nibbles around the edges of the strike zone and leads the majors in walks this year. The left-hander will still draw interest in free agency because he is still only 30 and is durable. The White Sox can get him on the cheap and send him out every fifth day. In a year where the results won’t matter, that’s more than enough for a rebuilding team like Chicago.

This is such a shitty opinion on all levels.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 am 

The very easy to sign and durable starter who makes sense for the Sox is to bring back Gonzalez. There are several names who would work though, including the great Andrew Cashner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
The first year of the White Sox rebuild has not been a complete disaster
Joshua Sadlock must be Keyser Soze's pen name.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 am 

1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields
5 trash heap FA/Rodon's corpse if he ever plays/ok nvm we have Dunning, Hansen, Adams, Stephens etc one of whom will be in a position to take big league innings

I just dont see the point in adding another Derek Holland. Especially when they want to try and win this year. If they add a veteran lefty make it Lynn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 am 

America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields
5 trash heap FA/Rodon's corpse if he ever plays/ok nvm we have Dunning, Hansen, Adams, Stephens etc one of whom will be in a position to take big league innings

I just dont see the point in adding another Derek Holland. Especially when they want to try and win this year. If they add a veteran lefty make it Lynn.

Kopech will not be with the team out of spring training nor should he.

I wouldn't add a Holland type but someone like Gonzalez or Jason Vargas would do the trick. Sign them for 1 year with the intent to flip and bring up Kopech in August if he proves himself ready for the jump.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 am 

good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

I wouldn't add a Holland type but someone like Gonzalez or Jason Vargas would do the trick. Sign them for 1 year with the intent to flip and bring up Kopech in August if he proves himself ready for the jump.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am 

good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

eh prepare to be surprised. service time is not half the concern for pitchers as it is for hitters, the only reason you would hold him back is if you had a worry with the agent (Rodon/Boras example).

Kopech is about ready too. He'd have to show more this spring, but if he does and they hold him out of the rotation I'll be upset. No more losing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

:D

I thought you would like that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 am 

America wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

eh prepare to be surprised. service time is not half the concern for pitchers as it is for hitters, the only reason you would hold him back is if you had a worry with the agent (Rodon/Boras example).

Kopech is about ready too. He'd have to show more this spring, but if he does and they hold him out of the rotation I'll be upset. No more losing.

Kopech has pitched ONE full season of professional baseball. He has pitched one game above AA. Let him prove himself ready at AAA. I like to see guys earn next step promotions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

Kopech has pitched ONE full season of professional baseball. He has pitched one game above AA. Let him prove himself ready at AAA. I like to see guys earn next step promotions.

IF he impresses in ST, he will break with the team. If he doesn't, I bet sometime before the all-star game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm 

Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
1 Giolito
2 Kopech
3 Lopez
4 Shields

IF he impresses in ST, he will break with the team. If he doesn't, I bet sometime before the all-star game.

I've said it before but it would be fireable for him to break with the team. They are publicly dangling that in front of him but I doubt internally they see that as an option. Spring training success should not even be a factor in the consideration. Spring training success is unreliable.