It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Since Rick Hahn took over as GM, the Sox have never had a winning season. People trip over themselves, running to congratulate Hahn over the deals he has made, yet they have yet to have any positive results in the standings. They may never. They traded away a top 10 pitcher in Sale and a solid, if unspectacular starter in Quintana and the guys they got in return may never be as good as the guys they gave up. People thought Hahn had re-tooled the team and built it into a contender, with trades and free agent signings early in Hahn's tenure, only to see it woefully disappoint it's fans. Will the team finish in last place again and lose over 90 games yet again, or will they improve quicker than many predict?? I think 90 losses is a real likely possibility again in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
kill yourself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:11 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
May you be required to live in David Kaplan’s butthole and use his belly button as a summer residence.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Since Rick Hahn took over as GM, the Sox have never had a winning season. People trip over themselves, running to congratulate Hahn over the deals he has made, yet they have yet to have any positive results in the standings. They may never. They traded away a top 10 pitcher in Sale and a solid, if unspectacular starter in Quintana and the guys they got in return may never be as good as the guys they gave up. People thought Hahn had re-tooled the team and built it into a contender, with trades and free agent signings early in Hahn's tenure, only to see it woefully disappoint it's fans. Will the team finish in last place again and lose over 90 games yet again, or will they improve quicker than many predict?? I think 90 losses is a real likely possibility again in 2018.

From a W-L perspective, you're not wrong, but you're taking some liberties here.

For most of his time as GM, how much control did Hahn even have? Lots of reports that Kenny Williams had a large influence and the overall direction was to try and win each season, despite the lack of depth/talent after the star talent on the roster.

Last year and this year, they are not interested in competing while they develop young talent. Is there a reason to expect the White Sox to avoid a losing season with the current strategy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:38 am 

Another 90 loss season would be cool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The guys they got for Quintana are already better. They haven't kept the Sox out of the World Series.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The guys they got for Quintana are already better. They haven't kept the Sox out of the World Series.

Doesn't Steve have a quote saying Eloy won't be traded?

Anyways, who cares if the Sox lose 90 games this year if they don't have the future on the MLB team yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Clearly, an irrational statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
At least he put Sox and not 'Sux' in the title.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

BD wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Really? Do you think Quintana helped or hurt the Cubs?

Let's put it this way, I'm VERY happy he's on your team. Whatever the Sox got back for him is just a bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Well, well, well, look what the Klan dragged in...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:43 pm 

He has to be pretty disappointed that no one really cared about this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BD wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Really? Do you think Quintana helped or hurt the Cubs?

Let's put it this way, I'm VERY happy he's on your team. Whatever the Sox got back for him is just a bonus.

They were 5 back when he arrived and he was their best pitcher the last 2 months of the year. You're going to miss him but I wouldn't expect for you to admit it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Doesn't Steve have a quote saying Eloy won't be traded?

Anyways, who cares if the Sox lose 90 games this year if they don't have the future on the MLB team yet.

Your memory is not wrong. I did not believe the Cubs would trade Eloy Jimenez in a deal for Quintana and believe it was a mistake to have done so. Yes, they have a surplus of outfielders, but Jimenez has rather special hitting abilities, with power as well as a good eye and ability to hit for average. As an outfielder, he is not real good. Think Jorge Soler. But I was obviously wrong and much like the trade for Chapman that cost the team Glyber Torres, I believe this was a mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I knew signing Heyward was a mistake and said so BEFORE he was signed. Jimenez is the real deal and should be ready before 2018. The Cubs would be better off with Szczur or Jay in RF in the meantime. Eloy is not going to be dealt. Haap maybe, but not Jimenez. It would be a miracle if Heyward were to opt out at the end of 2017. Hell, maybe they can gift him 10 million to do that. if not, trade him and pick up a chunk of the money in the deal, just to open up the position for a decidedly better player.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105310&p=2668998&hilit=Eloy#p2668998

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I knew signing Heyward was a mistake and said so BEFORE he was signed. Jimenez is the real deal and should be ready before 2018. The Cubs would be better off with Szczur or Jay in RF in the meantime. Eloy is not going to be dealt. Haap maybe, but not Jimenez. It would be a miracle if Heyward were to opt out at the end of 2017. Hell, maybe they can gift him 10 million to do that. if not, trade him and pick up a chunk of the money in the deal, just to open up the position for a decidedly better player.
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.ph ... y#p2668998

Clearly I won that thread.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 pm 

312player wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Clearly I won that thread.[/quote

It may help the Cubs to have aquired a cost controlled pitcher like Quintana, who's contract is so cheap that it helped them to have enough money to sign Darvish. But one day, and that day may not be so far away, fans will regret the deal was made, as they will regret that Glyber Torres was dealt for that steaming pile of crap named Aroldis Chapman.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
You can't knock the Chapman trade, we don't win a WS without him. I like Eloy and I think he will be good, nobody wanted him to go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:16 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Clearly I won that thread.

Considering some of the brilliant Cub fan thoughts in that thread, that isn't a great feat:

IMU wrote:
Heyward will be a 6 WAR player in 2017.