It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
This guy glued and duct taped limbs to be able to play. He was willing to take less money to play in a White Sox uniform. It's shameful they didn't give him a Paulie like send off.

You pay for future performance not past

You seem confused about send offs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
This guy glued and duct taped limbs to be able to play. He was willing to take less money to play in a White Sox uniform. It's shameful they didn't give him a Paulie like send off.

He won the MVP after giving Uncle Jerry an Andre Dawson check. He doesn't care about the money. As Hank Scorpio pointed out in the Top Secret Facebook chat, the Cubs treated Heyward better. That's shameful. The fans should have been given the chance to celebrate an all time great White Sox player.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It will be like Buehrle and Danks all over again. Vaughn is like a midget version of J.T. Snow at best and Abreu will probably win another MVP in Oakland. The dumbest organization in baseball strikes again.

Here's what I don't get. They're all in on Vaughn. Fine, be all in. That doesn't mean you create another hole. No one kills you in LF. Not even Eloy. The Sabre boys say 1B is the easiest position. It's not. It's LF and anybody who disagrees is a tad ignorant about infield play. I'm 100% with you a 1st baseman needs to be large. It's a mental edge for the SS and 3B for those long throws. Those long throws look even longer with a "midget" over there. Question is, is Vaughn a midget?
The answer is yes, when you have Moncada and Anderson throwing it.

Vaughn has to play first base. HE's a terrible outfielder with a putz arm. The other alternative is to TRADE him and re-sign Abreu but it would have to bring in a star in return. Jimenez has to be the primary DH. He cannot play any position but I think may be the next great power hitter in baseball. Robert needs to be moved to left field. This means the Sox need to find a center fielder and right fielder. My candidate for center field in Anderson who they should lock up with a new contract. Then they trade for a right fielder and bring Colas up as the 4th outfielder. I keep Sheets as a DH and 1B back-up. I give the 3B job to Burger and if Moncada wants to stay he has to go back to 2nd base and lose about 10-15 pound of ass. The alternative is to trade him for a 2nd baseman. They then trade for a short-stop and bring up one of their young prospects to take the place of Garcia. the market for short-stops should be a pretty good one.

Catcher is a huge weak spot. I've been yelling for them to get Contreras and they should go hard after him. I also suggest they look for a good defensive catcher from their farm system to back up COntreras. This team has GOT to fix their defensive over-all.

Pitching wise they are strong over-all but I'd trade Giolitto and go hard after a left handed top starting pitcher. I move Lopez into the set-up job with Lambert as my fifth starter. Bummer needs to be traded.

Why would Vaughn be a better 1B than an LF? Small target, limited stretch. Balls thrown at him all day with those two deformities.

Sign lefty Kershaw, Eloy DH, trade Grandal for McCann. Get rid of Kelly. Bummer and Diekman are tradeable. I have no clue where you find a offensively productive and good defensive 2B and RF.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
All this does is clear ABs for the likes of Sheets & Burger.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:38 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

He won the MVP after giving Uncle Jerry an Andre Dawson check. He doesn't care about the money. As Hank Scorpio pointed out in the Top Secret Facebook chat, the Cubs treated Heyward better. That's shameful. The fans should have been given the chance to celebrate an all time great White Sox player.

The fans should have definitely been given a chance to send him off.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me why they would not want to bring him back. Of all the issues on the team he is wayyy down the list, and part of the big issue is a culture change. He is one of the players who does things the right way. Why would you want to move on from him?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me why they would not want to bring him back. Of all the issues on the team he is wayyy down the list, and part of the big issue is a culture change. He is one of the players who does things the right way. Why would you want to move on from him?

I can’t understand this from either a culture or baseball perspective. They have three guys to rotate between three spots. They’re apparently launching one of them for no apparent reason.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The reason is money.

Grandal will get time at DH and 1B. Rather than DFA him, they arent going to pay Abreu.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The reason is money.

Grandal will get time at DH and 1B. Rather than DFA him, they arent going to pay Abreu.

Yikes. 7 errors in 68 games started at 1B. Defensive runs saved -7. You CAN'T put him at 1st.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

You CAN'T put him anywhere but the socks are going to give him probably until mid-may before they decide to pull the trigger on DFA. Similar to Kuechel and Danks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
OG doesn't care about the money. He wants to retire in a White Sox uniform and start coaching.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jerry will feel bad later and retire his number.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
OG doesn't care about the money.
But JERRY does

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It will be like Buehrle and Danks all over again. Vaughn is like a midget version of J.T. Snow at best and Abreu will probably win another MVP in Oakland. The dumbest organization in baseball strikes again.

Here's what I don't get. They're all in on Vaughn. Fine, be all in. That doesn't mean you create another hole. No one kills you in LF. Not even Eloy. The Sabre boys say 1B is the easiest position. It's not. It's LF and anybody who disagrees is a tad ignorant about infield play. I'm 100% with you a 1st baseman needs to be large. It's a mental edge for the SS and 3B for those long throws. Those long throws look even longer with a "midget" over there. Question is, is Vaughn a midget?
The answer is yes, when you have Moncada and Anderson throwing it.

Vaughn has to play first base. HE's a terrible outfielder with a putz arm. The other alternative is to TRADE him and re-sign Abreu but it would have to bring in a star in return. Jimenez has to be the primary DH. He cannot play any position but I think may be the next great power hitter in baseball. Robert needs to be moved to left field. This means the Sox need to find a center fielder and right fielder. My candidate for center field in Anderson who they should lock up with a new contract. Then they trade for a right fielder and bring Colas up as the 4th outfielder. I keep Sheets as a DH and 1B back-up. I give the 3B job to Burger and if Moncada wants to stay he has to go back to 2nd base and lose about 10-15 pound of ass. The alternative is to trade him for a 2nd baseman. They then trade for a short-stop and bring up one of their young prospects to take the place of Garcia. the market for short-stops should be a pretty good one.

Catcher is a huge weak spot. I've been yelling for them to get Contreras and they should go hard after him. I also suggest they look for a good defensive catcher from their farm system to back up COntreras. This team has GOT to fix their defensive over-all.

Pitching wise they are strong over-all but I'd trade Giolitto and go hard after a left handed top starting pitcher. I move Lopez into the set-up job with Lambert as my fifth starter. Bummer needs to be traded.

Why would Vaughn be a better 1B than an LF? Small target, limited stretch. Balls thrown at him all day with those two deformities.

Sign lefty Kershaw, Eloy DH, trade Grandal for McCann. Get rid of Kelly. Bummer and Diekman are tradeable. I have no clue where you find a offensively productive and good defensive 2B and RF.

Vaughn is simply a bad outfielder. Bad instincts and weak arm. They had the worst defense in all of baseball last season. They need to FIX IT. Putting Jimenez or Vaughn in left field hurts the defense. I have no problem with signing Kershaw because they need a lefty although I'd much rather get Rodon back. Like I said in another post, I would like to see Bellanger in to play center field. Excellent outfielder. Someone mentioned adding Bryce Harper. That would be an amazing move. An outfield of Robert, Bellanger, and Harper makes their line-up 100% better and also would be a good solid defensive outfield.

I think that Burger will be a solid power bat at 3rd base and moving Moncada to 2nd base just makes sense to me. They cannot waste Burger like they did last season.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The reason is money.

If Grandal is on the roster next season, the White Sox won't win 80 games next year.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The reason is money.

Simple Frank.in imbecile mode. The reason to dump Abreu is to play Vaughn at first and keep Eloy at DH.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Good to see you arent limiting your moronic thoughts to tje Bears this fall, Bob.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/ ... -wish-list

Hopefully for Abreu's sake this does not happen given how unsafe Wrigleyville is these days.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:15 pm 

Abreu would look good in pajamas with a teddy bear on it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nardi wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:

I'd rather see Grandal in that uniform

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm down for Abreu in a Cubs uniform on a 1-2 year deal. Everyone is anointing Mervis for the job, but for every Rizzo, I have seen a Bryan LaHair or a Hee Sop Choi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
IMU will finally be proven right this year. The man was a visionary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21