It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
When JERRY doesn't spend anything at the trade deadline this year we know who they're going to point the finger at. Not THE LATINS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
So you'll get a call if someone gets sick. Ignore it and move on if you want.

I don't want a call. I don't need to know if anyone is sick. And I don't want anyone to know if I'm sick. It's not their business.

I'm not making a big deal about it. They can run their business the way they want. I can find other things to do.

This. I can sit in front of my big screen tv (no pants on of course), wearing no mask and eat and drink freely while wearing a baseball game.

Enjoy wearing your baseball game.

Dammit :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:28 am 

anxiously awaiting the first video of a family being kicked out because a little kid won't wear a mask

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 am 

It was always great to attend Sox games because of the convenience. Make it inconvenient and I will attend less. My m.o. for games is usually to decide that day, throw the family in the car and buy tickets at the box office. I'll still probably go occasionally if I'm forced to pre plan, just not nearly as often.

I can go to a minor league games in Rosemont to get my in person fix.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just don't have any interest into attending games under those terms.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And really, did anybody expect that it would be a free for all at Cubs/Sox games right away?

I am totally with JORR on this. No, I didn't expect a free for all to start the season...this is no surprise and it's no different than some of the overly restrictive restaurants by me. I'll show up when the nonsense is over. I'm not losing sleep over it any more. It's ridiculous, but the masses bought into this BS way long ago. I'm perfectly fine visiting WI and FL to enjoy 'merica when I need it. Otherwise, perfectly happy chilling at home or gathering with friends.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
It was always great to attend Sox games because of the convenience. Make it inconvenient and I will attend less. My m.o. for games is usually to decide that day, throw the family in the car and buy tickets at the box office. I'll still probably go occasionally if I'm forced to pre plan, just not nearly as often.

I can go to a minor league games in Rosemont to get my in person fix.
Minor league games and leagues like the Frontier League (Thunderbolts, Boomers, etc) are likely going to have similar restrictions during the first half of the season at the very least. Even in Texas where things are "wide open" I'm sure there will be MLB Mandates that the Rangers and Astros will have to follow regarding distancing, masks, etc.

If you want to see an in person professional baseball game before August, its going to take pre-planning and you will probably have to wear a mask.

I understand the dislike and frustration of all that at this point, but right now it is what it is. You deal with it, or don't attend.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
So you'll get a call if someone gets sick. Ignore it and move on if you want.

I don't want a call. I don't need to know if anyone is sick. And I don't want anyone to know if I'm sick. It's not their business.

I'm not making a big deal about it. They can run their business the way they want. I can find other things to do.

This. I can sit in front of my big screen tv (no pants on of course), wearing no mask and eat and drink freely while wearing a baseball game.

Enjoy wearing your baseball game.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:18 am 

i'm pretty sure the mandates are going to be as enforced as i see they are at the gym or restaurants i had been at during the first wave of indoor dining. no one was ever kicked out, asked to leave, or followed. and not many followed the rules of the mandate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

I would hope that common sense prevails, and if you are in your seat with your mask pulled down or not on at all, there is nothing more than a friendly reminder given. If you're up walking around, play the game and wear the mask.

However, Sox ushers and security have been known to make mountains out of molehills in the past so I will give them zero benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
There will be a complaint made (most likely from a woman) about being triggered by someone not wearing a mask.

I agree you'd hope common sense prevails but that's been in short supply for a while now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
There will be a complaint made (most likely from a woman) about being triggered by someone not wearing a mask.
Then that person should choose not to be at a place that will have 8100 people around. Especially when attendance is optional.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I agree you'd hope common sense prevails but that's been in short supply for a while now.

Cases aren't stagnant. They are cratering and the word needs to get out. This shit is over in a month. Death and cases will be at a normal year's flu level by Opening Day. Illinois had 6 deaths yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:02 pm 

While that's true, people aren't ready to be de-programmed yet. The sky is still falling.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
While that's true, people aren't ready to be de-programmed yet. The sky is still falling.
Because they don't hear about the exponential drop in cases while the news stations start their nightly broadcast with "information" on DEADLY and MORE CONTAGIOUS new variants of Covid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:15 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Cases aren't stagnant. They are cratering and the word needs to get out. This shit is over in a month. Death and cases will be at a normal year's flu level by Opening Day. Illinois had 6 deaths yesterday.

We'll get our "Mission Accomplished" the day that we get the "Masks Optional" directive from our overlords. I'm going to predict that is May 1st as per my COVID tradition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't think Illinois will get a "masks optional" declaration from JB until at least 60% of IL residents have been vaccinated. Right now were about 9%. At a pace that is slightly better than 9% every 60 days, we get to 60% in August.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think Illinois will get a "masks optional" declaration from JB until at least 60% of IL residents have been vaccinated. Right now were about 9%.

Biden already said he hopes by this time next year. So I don't think there is a threshold. The other problem is they are at that rate in Israel, but the at risk population is still dying. This will drag on until there is acute political pressure.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think Illinois will get a "masks optional" declaration from JB until at least 60% of IL residents have been vaccinated. Right now were about 9%. At a pace that is slightly better than 9% every 60 days, we get to 60% in August.

It's moving fast in the opposite direction already. The CDC has already thrown out the idea that healthy people don't have to wear masks though in a very subtle way to start changing the way we view things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
There are going to be extremist crowds attacking non mask wearers demanding vaccination proof.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm 

Roving gangs of thugs looking to attack minorities, loud mouth sports radio hosts, and the non-vaccinated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's moving fast in the opposite direction already. The CDC has already thrown out the idea that healthy people don't have to wear masks though in a very subtle way to start changing the way we view things.
I'm talking Illinois specifically as JB has seemed to used his own hand picked numbers and metrics from day one. I don't think he will drop the statewide mask mandate until at least 60%- possibly 75%- of IL residents have been vaccinated. That probably takes us close to Labor Day.

I could be wrong, I hope to be in this instance. Its just the way I see the mask thing working in IL.

Downers Grove will probably keep a local mask mandate until 2023, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I'm talking Illinois specifically as JB has seemed to used his own hand picked numbers and metrics from day one. I don't think he will drop the statewide mask mandate until at least 60%- possibly 75%- of IL residents have been vaccinated. That probably takes us close to Labor Day.

I could be wrong, I hope to be in this instance. Its just the way I see the mask thing working in IL.

Doesn't Illinois basically fall in line with the rest of the Midwest plus or minus a few weeks? Indiana probably goes "masks optional" on tax day and Illinois has to scramble to not lose that sweet border bar tax revenue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:11 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I see who didn't celebrate International Women's Day yesterday, Cancel Peeps!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:12 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I only celebrated international women.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:14 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I only celebrated international women.

Probably good for the home life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Don't make this go in the Politics section!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:29 pm 

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Doesn't Illinois basically fall in line with the rest of the Midwest plus or minus a few weeks? Indiana probably goes "masks optional" on tax day and Illinois has to scramble to not lose that sweet border bar tax revenue.

Frank is correct. JB will hold out way longer than IN and WI. I would have hoped we'd be wide open by July 4th, but I just still see too many people in great fear. You are correct, BRick in that it's moving fast, but simply not fast enough. Odds are IL pisses away the summer with these non-sensical restrictions. I hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Congressman Schneider said we should have enough vaccines for all of Lake County within 10 weeks.

Regardless, I'm going to a game if I get tickets. My phone and vehicle already track my movements and there are cameras everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:35 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Congressman Schneider said we should have enough vaccines for all of Lake County within 10 weeks.

Regardless, I'm going to a game if I get tickets. My phone and vehicle already track my movements and there are cameras everywhere.

Yeah, I'm not worried about the tracing. Big brother already doing much of that already through phones and debit card activity. I'm just not sitting outside in a baseball stadium in a mask..."Can't do it."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next