It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magic Moncada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I don't know if there are any defensive 3rd basemen that are better right now than Moncada. He is picking it and his arm is a rifle from virtually every angle. That double play he made in the second inning of the Cleveland game was amazing. Back hand stab runs to the bag and throws a bee bee to first for the DP. Great stuff.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post subject: Re: Magic Moncada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
The Hawk wrote:
I don't know if there are any defensive 3rd basemen that are better right now than Moncada. He is picking it and his arm is a rifle from virtually every angle. That double play he made in the second inning of the Cleveland game was amazing. Back hand stab runs to the bag and throws a bee bee to first for the DP. Great stuff.

Great play.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Followed by a not great play.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
tommy wrote:
Followed by a not great play.

He's doing better, but has a long way to go still.

Avi's two run single the other night should have been the 3rd out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:

The glove is definitely great. The arm, though strong, is still erratic. A better 1st baseman would help. Abreu could have jumped just a touch and still land on 1st for the out.

edit- Abreu has improved over there. I don't have much complaint on him this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:31 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

The glove is definitely great. The arm, though strong, is still erratic. A better 1st baseman would help. Abreu could have jumped just a touch and still land on 1st for the out.

edit- Abreu has improved over there. I don't have much complaint on him this year.

I believe that the throw you are referring to was from Garcia at short-stop. And the error was Abreu's. Moncada has become a great 3rd baseman with a rifle for an arm. I'd love to have someone put him on the mound and measure his velocity.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:55 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I believe that the throw you are referring to was from Garcia at short-stop. And the error was Abreu's. Moncada has become a great 3rd baseman with a rifle for an arm. I'd love to have someone put him on the mound and measure his velocity.

Yeah, sorry, you're right. It was Leury.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:06 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

That's okay. I was glad that they gave that error to Abreu on the play. Leury has also been playing an excellent short stop since Anderson went down. Better than Anderson actually. It is something when you lose your starting short-stop and 2nd basemen and your team's performance doesn't falter defensively. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:09 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

That's okay. I was glad that they gave that error to Abreu on the play. Leury has also been playing an excellent short stop since Anderson went down. Better than Anderson actually. It is something when you lose your starting short-stop and 2nd basemen and your team's performance doesn't falter defensively. 8) 8)

Waves of talent. Next year is going to be spectacular. Slip Abreu into Dh and Vaughn at 1st. They are the Big Red Machine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:41 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Waves of talent. Next year is going to be spectacular. Slip Abreu into Dh and Vaughn at 1st. They are the Big Red Machine.

No question about it. This is like extended spring training to me, really. Yeah the games count. Sort of anyway. But it is really fun to see the young talent and the depth of this team. I would like to see Mazara work out for them in right. I like the look of him defensively and with his arm. I hope he figures things out at bat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
the kid's on my fantasy team, i'll just say that about good ol moan yoncada.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Moncada is a china doll. Out again with a sore quad.

Cuban Gordon Beckham. What a bust.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:07 pm 

Do you have to be a pussy to watch these pussies? I kinda think you do but I won't pussy-shame.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Spiegel speculating he may still be suffering from long Covid. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Spiegel speculating he may still be suffering from long Covid. :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
.131/.172/.246

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 pm 

Remember, this guy was supposed to be the top prospect in the game a few years ago. Absolute fucking bust. Even when he is going "good" (for him, that's hitting 250 and a couple of homers per month), he's constantly limping, wincing, grimacing every time he's gotta run more than 10 feet. Rarely hustles, makes dumb decisions, can't stay healthy, appears to give zero shits about his craft.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Moncada is a china doll. Out again with a sore quad.

Cuban Gordon Beckham. What a bust.

Nailed it

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Hawk wrote:

Woof!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
is -0.5 WAR good?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
billypootons wrote:
is -0.5 WAR good?

You should ask resident WAR expert Simple Frank!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:56 am 

I was concerned from the moment I read that report about him eating something like 2 boxes of Twinkies per day