It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next year...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: She/Him
Let's say, just as a thought experiment, Vegas sets the Sox o/u at 95.5.
Assuming there are no major changes to the lineup, what do you think? If you choose the under, what would it take to get the over? Whats missing before this team is a 162 game season champion?

Post subject: Re: Next year...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
A quality right fielder, designated hitter and back of the rotation starter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:31 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
A quality right fielder, designated hitter and back of the rotation starter.

I've been getting the impression that if Eloy doesn't figure it out hes going to be a 160 plus game DH so he doesn't Bump Bailey himself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
JustAGayGuy wrote:
Assuming there are no major changes to the lineup, what do you think? If you choose the under, what would it take to get the over? Whats missing before this team is a 162 game season champion?

They need another starter, proven #2.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I was thinking if we have a 162 game schedule next year it may be hard for the WSox. They won't be playing the majority of games vs the scrubs of the AL/NL Central. and 162 is a grind. how will the team adjust? they are a young team.

but next year is next year. they have a good shot this year. you'll probably never get another 60 games schedule w/ this type of setup again. you got to take advantage of this year first.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Team will need a back-up catcher next year. I have a hard time seeing McCann stay when he can chase starting catcher money and playing time elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
I was thinking if we have a 162 game schedule next year it may be hard for the WSox. They won't be playing the majority of games vs the scrubs of the AL/NL Central. and 162 is a grind. how will the team adjust? they are a young team.

but next year is next year. they have a good shot this year. you'll probably never get another 60 games schedule w/ this type of setup again. you got to take advantage of this year first.

AL West is dogshit and only 2 teams in the AL East concern me so Sox will find plenty of wins. Twins will be toughest team they face next year and Nelson Cruz can't continue this at age 41, right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:52 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

AL West is dogshit and only 2 teams in the AL East concern me so Sox will find plenty of wins. Twins will be toughest team they face next year and Nelson Cruz can't continue this at age 41, right?

So... do you like 96 wins? Can you imagine a 96 win Sox team? I'm getting silly just thinking about it bit im smelling high 90s all day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 pm 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

So... do you like 96 wins? Can you imagine a 96 win Sox team? I'm getting silly just thinking about it bit im smelling high 90s all day.

96 wins yes if 2 of Rodon, Kopech, Dunning, Lopez or some FA pitcher can fill the rotation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 pm 

Really the only competition is the Twins.
I'm willing to bet the odds makers set it at 95.5.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 am 

JustAGayGuy wrote:

As an aside, can you please stick to sports for the next couple of months. The Sox are playing great and the Bears should be at least 2-0. I'd really like to have you around for this great time in sports.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:12 am 

Need a veteran starter, possibly a closer and another veteran bullpen arm.

The McCann catching situation has been a luxury. They will have to go backup in house. Most teams backup C sucks. Look at that fat old lady the Twins were starting last night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:
As an aside, can you please stick to sports for the next couple of months. The Sox are playing great and the Bears should be at least 2-0. I'd really like to have you around for this great time in sports.

Ok. What else is this site for? As far as the bears go I was thinking bears moneyline and giants getting points.

Last edited by JustAGayGuy on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie's got it all covered. RF, Backup Catcher, and someone to be #2 starting pitcher. This team looks to be really good for awhile.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:55 am 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ok. What else is this site for? As far as the bears go I was thinking bears moneyline and giants getting points.

There will be better plays than the points line. 5-5.5 is the bermuda triangle of nfl betting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There will be better plays than the points line. 5-5.5 is the bermuda triangle of nfl betting

Go on...
Personally I see this as a 3 point win for the Bears. I get why you don't like the 5.5. Neither do I really but I think the bears defense is overrated by a fair amount and the giants should keep it close.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:02 am 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Go on...
Personally I see this as a 3 point win for the Bears. I get why you don't like the 5.5. Neither do I really but I think the bears defense is overrated by a fair amount and the giants should keep it close.

Bet the over then

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
If the Bears defense is generally considered top 5, then it is definitely overrated.

Goldman's absence leaves them extremely vulnerable against the run up the middle, and the pass rush has declined significantly since 2018.