It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Good for Rick dumbass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
LaRussa and RBG: very similar except RBG probably hated sac bunts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Oh.. This might lead to an interesting time line on Facebook amongst the Notorious RBG contingent. Probably among those who criticized her typically as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
OMG not the champion of the downtrodden , RBG !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Media protection fraud.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
This is worse than Randy Moss.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
move thread to politics plz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I feel this is Politics?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Everything's politics to Die Sox White fans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Everything's republican conspiracy politics to Die Sox White fans.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I feel this is Politics?

Tony LaRussa is politics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 pm 

Anyone know if Katie also held back RBG’s thoughts on bat flips ? Is it what the Justice’s ( or Dave Justice) wants to see ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I feel this is Politics?

That's only because some posters bring that up whenever he is criticized. I am on record as disliking the man and the hire & I still do, but it has zero to do with his politics. I wasn't really even aware that his views were prominent enough to make it a consideration.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:25 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I feel this is Politics?

That's only because some posters bring that up whenever he is criticized. I am on record as disliking the man and the hire & I still do, but it has zero to do with his politics. I wasn't really even aware that his views were prominent enough to make it a consideration.

That’s kind of all that was talked about when he was hired in the media. They certainly weren’t bringing up his record as the Cardinals manager . It was all about him not liking kneeling , being old school, being the no fun manger . I don’t know how you missed all that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:48 pm 

seems like a winning manager to me. dont really care about his politics. he produces results.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He won the same number of playoff games this year as Rick Renteria did last year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:
He won the same number of playoff games this year as Rick Renteria did last year.

That’s raw deal Ricky.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The silver lining in the ALDS loss is that the Sox skipper wants to come back. If anything, he's more hungry after the loss and the players want him back.

So what if we have to wait another year? The people who think he doesn't know what's going on or out of touch didn't listen to his press conference. He gave the most lucid answer to a technical baseball question of why the Sox came up short. Not being able to close out innings with two outs and giving up too many hits with two outs. That was among the things he said, all of which were correct.

The team and White Sox fandom is the better for him being in Chicago again, even at age 77. This is the most excited White Sox fans have been in a long time.

As much as I am a never Trumper, I am an ever LaRussa.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Dignified Rube wrote:
The silver lining in the ALDS loss is that the Sox skipper wants to come back. If anything, he's more hungry after the loss and the players want him back.

So what if we have to wait another year? The people who think he doesn't know what's going on or out of touch didn't listen to his press conference. He gave the most lucid answer to a technical baseball question of why the Sox came up short. Not being able to close out innings with two outs and giving up too many hits with two outs. That was among the things he said, all of which were correct.

The team and White Sox fandom is the better for him being in Chicago again, even at age 77. This is the most excited White Sox fans have been in a long time.

Sad!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I feel this is Politics?

That’s kind of all that was talked about when he was hired in the media. They certainly weren’t bringing up his record as the Cardinals manager . It was all about him not liking kneeling , being old school, being the no fun manger . I don’t know how you missed all that
Out of the items you've listed, not liking kneeling is the only thing that could be argued as being political. And my comment was specific to the board, not "the media".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:21 am 
Site Admin

The only two complaints about the hiring of LaRussa were his age and his politics. And those things are connected, i.e. he couldn't relate to today's taunting- I mean joyous- players. I'm not sure how anyone could complain about his hiring from a baseball standpoint.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Dignified Rube wrote:

^

This is a living, breathing, human folks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The only two complaints about the hiring of LaRussa were his age and his politics. And those things are connected, i.e. he couldn't relate to today's taunting- I mean joyous- players. I'm not sure how anyone could complain about his hiring from a baseball standpoint.

He hadn't managed in 10 years and had made poor evaluations in the baseball positions he held during the interim.

There is also the matter of the opportunity cost. There were many highly decorated managers who, by providence, were available as the Sox position opened. They had their pick of old, young and everything in between. They landed on a guy who retired and hadn't shown an interest in returning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We both complained about him from a baseball standpoint. He's the inventor of pitching specialization. So now there's 32 teams every year who don't have a clue if their bullpen is any good. Pitchers come in 3-4 days a week. And there's 4 of them a game. Sometimes they have their good stuff, sometimes they don't.
And almost all of them get ruined.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We both complained about him from a baseball standpoint. He's the inventor of pitching specialization. So now there's 32 teams every year who don't have a clue if their bullpen is any good. Pitchers come in 3-4 days a week. And there's 4 of them a game. Sometimes they have their good stuff, sometimes they don't.
And almost all of them get ruined.

I've never been a fan of LaRussa, but come on. Anyway, you know what I think about managers. This team would have done just as well with Raw Deal or Robin Ventura.

I should have stipulated that you're the only guy who objected to LaRussa for baseball reasons as you've made it abundantly clear that you believe Dave Duncan carried him to the Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This team would have done just as well with Raw Deal or Robin Ventura.
:lol: No way. Under Ventura, this team would have folded like a cheap tent as soon as Robert went out. Renteria may have been able to keep the train on the track for a bit longer. Now if you want to say "just as well" as in still win the division because they still had a lot of talent and good starting pitching. Sure, they might have.....with 84 or 85 wins at most.

There is no way the 2021 White Sox are a 90+ win club with Raw Deal or Robin. I generally agree with you on managers, but there is always one, two, maybe three teams every year where the manager adds 4-5 wins, and another subtracts 4-5 wins. LaRussa, for all of his faults, definitely added wins to this year's Sox club. No doubt about it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am 

You said all complaints from a baseball standpoint are illegitimate. I filed a legit complaint. I can file others.

Reinsdorf picked a dull knife amongst a bunch of sharp ones.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who were the sharp ones out there? AJ Hinch? Alex Cora?

If the Sox hired a first time manager, people would have been all over that too. Hell, even bringing Ozzie back would have pissed people off.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This team would have done just as well with Raw Deal or Robin Ventura.
:lol: No way. Under Ventura, this team would have folded like a cheap tent as soon as Robert went out. Renteria may have been able to keep the train on the track for a bit longer. Now if you want to say "just as well" as in still win the division because they still had a lot of talent and good starting pitching. Sure, they might have.....with 84 or 85 wins at most.

There is no way the 2021 White Sox are a 90+ win club with Raw Deal or Robin. I generally agree with you on managers, but there is always one, two, maybe three teams every year where the manager adds 4-5 wins, and another subtracts 4-5 wins. LaRussa, for all of his faults, definitely added wins to this year's Sox club. No doubt about it.

More than half their games were against The Durham Bulls. Not to mention the were a .500 team for 3 months. LaRussa didn't keep them from sinking. They were sunk. Because when it was time to answer the bell, what happened?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Who were the sharp ones out there? AJ Hinch? Alex Cora?

If the Sox hired a first time manager, people would have been all over that too. Hell, even bringing Ozzie back would have pissed people off.

YES, by all means possible, AJ Hinch.

Too late now. We're stuck with the dull knife.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next