It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think it's a lie with the SOX saying they knew about the DUI before they hired him. They put it out there through sources that they did know to save face. I think it's a lie. Tony, being the old cracker that he is, didn't realize that this shit would eventually come out.

Now the SOX are scrambling. They don't know what to do. Ultimately, it's Jerry's call. Rick and Kenny have been neutered.

I think Jerry is now thinking long and hard about this. In the end, he'll say fuck it, I'm old and I want my friend to do this shit. Fuck racism and DUIs. Tony stays!!!! That will be his final call.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I think he’s Italian and Spanish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:10 pm 

No you don't

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I really do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This whole situation is odd.

I don’t understand how Tony wasn’t charged with the DUI until late October when he was confronted by an officer, and presumably arrested, in February. Filed in the wrong County? Um, ok...COVID delaying it, it’s been reported? Fine. But 8 months? And the day before he’s hired?!?

A lot of things not adding up here.

I don’t wanna go full blown conspiracy here, but it’s almost like someone within the organization found out his DUI slipped through the legal cracks and alerted someone out in AZ once it became clear that Jerry didn’t give a fuck what anyone else thought and decided to hire TLR unilaterally. Hoping that having charges brought against him would either change Jerry’s mind or the blowback would be so severe that Tony would resign. Idk..

Somethin is just off about this whole thing. Either way, the whole organization looks like jackasses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Beardown wrote:
I think it's a lie with the SOX saying they knew about the DUI before they hired him. They put it out there through sources that they did know to save face. I think it's a lie. Tony, being the old cracker that he is, didn't realize that this shit would eventually come out.

Now the SOX are scrambling. They don't know what to do. Ultimately, it's Jerry's call. Rick and Kenny have been neutered.

I think Jerry is now thinking long and hard about this. In the end, he'll say fuck it, I'm old and I want my friend to do this shit. Fuck racism and DUIs. Tony stays!!!! That will be his final call.

What do you think?

in your time hear beardown i don't think you scooped one thing right. you're fun to read and i think you have a lot of time on your hands to think all these scenario's thru.

but this time i think you may be onto something. i could see Tony being Jerry's pick so he's thinking I don't have to disclose shit to anyone.

btw he's not white (according to Murph several times).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Absolutely something ain't right here.

Plus the SOX aren't talking. LaRussa has been refusing interviews with local media, before this went down, according to Parkins.

It's a shit show.

Look, they'll still win 95 games, at least, next year with LaRussa or anybody else.

Christ, I think if I were the manager, I'd win 89 at least. And maybe I'd just fall into a 100 win season with some luck.

I know. Wins and losses don't matter for this bigger picture of a racist drunk being the manager. I get that. But once it's starts, I'm gonna want them to win games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:31 pm 

I’m rooting for TLR to win a WS just so Dans head will explode and Larry’s vagina will bleed at maximum levels.

But Jesus, the white Sox have absolutely butchered this from a PR POV.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

You think Jerry might be going senile or a little crazy in his old age?

I'm not joking. Cuz he normally doesn't interfere with his management guys with operation decisions. I think it's a plausible theory.

That he's just going nuts cuz he's old and not thinking right. Or that he's just old and doesn't give a fuck about being logical anymore. And well, when the boss goes nuts, what are you gonna do? He's the boss.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:45 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Or that he's just old and doesn't give a fuck about being logical anymore. And well, when the boss goes nuts, what are you gonna do? He's the boss.

This.

I don’t think he is obligated to care what people think, since it’s his team and he can do what he wants. But for someone who is usually so incredibly “loyal,” he sure bent Rick Hahn over a barrel.

Jerry has made Rick’s job incredibly more difficult and stressful. And for what? To reconcile a missing piece of his soul? Goofy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:53 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I believe Sox fans who think the team dropped the ball, and didn't check LaRussa's arrest record, now are lieing through their teeth is very high. Tony's an arrogant guy. Jerry would never investigate one of his God.crew.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
I’m rooting for TLR to win a WS just so Dans head will explode and Larry’s vagina will bleed at maximum levels.

Same.

On your earlier note, the wheels of justice are moving incredibly slow these days. I don't handle criminal but for items that were up in the early part of this year and are low on the priority list, the government's attorneys themselves are continuing them to the middle of next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Same.

On your earlier note, the wheels of justice are moving incredibly slow these days. I don't handle criminal but for items that were up in the early part of this year and are low on the priority list, the government's attorneys themselves are continuing them to the middle of next year.

I thought the idea was not to clog up the courts with misdemeanor offenses?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:06 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:

I don’t understand how Tony wasn’t charged with the DUI until late October when he was confronted by an officer, and presumably arrested, in February. Filed in the wrong County? Um, ok...COVID delaying it, it’s been reported? Fine. But 8 months? And the day before he’s hired?!?

I don’t wanna go full blown conspiracy here, but it’s almost like someone within the organization found out his DUI slipped through the legal cracks and alerted someone out in AZ once it became clear that Jerry didn’t give a fuck what anyone else thought and decided to hire TLR unilaterally. Hoping that having charges brought against him would either change Jerry’s mind or the blowback would be so severe that Tony would resign. Idk..

Somethin is just off about this whole thing. Either way, the whole organization looks like jackasses

Kap intimated this morning that someone in Arizona tipped Passan off to the story to begin with. Whether that was someone in the police department or someone around the Sox facility in Arizona that’s butt hurt over LaRussa being hired to begin with I don’t know

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:14 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Kap intimated this morning that someone in Arizona tipped Passan off to the story to begin with. Whether that was someone in the police department or someone around the Sox facility in Arizona that’s butt hurt over LaRussa being hired to begin with I don’t know

We know he tried to big time the arresting officers. That tends to come back to bite you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:30 am 

When you’re arrested and processed, are you not charged with the offense then and there?

I know subsequent court appeRances are involved but are you charged when you’re processed?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Crick Ramp wrote:
When you’re arrested and processed, are you not charged with the offense then and there?

I know subsequent court appeRances are involved but are you charged when you’re processed?

I'm not following this story closely, but from what I've read, it sounds like they obtained a warrant to draw his blood, drew it, and then sent it out for testing. After they sent it out, they waited to see the BAC before brining charges.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:53 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I'm not following this story closely, but from what I've read, it sounds like they obtained a warrant to draw his blood, drew it, and then sent it out for testing. After they sent it out, they waited to see the BAC before brining charges.

He did this both times which is a classic move for someone knowledgeable about DUI. Don't use the breathalyzer. Make them have to draw blood, which takes time and may get you under .08. Don't buy into the story line that a guy sleeping at a red light is only at .09.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

He did this both times which is a classic move for someone knowledgeable about DUI. Don't use the breathalyzer. Make them have to draw blood, which takes time and may get you under .08. Don't buy into the story line that a guy sleeping at a red light is only at .09.

I get that.

I’d still love to know the absolute truth behind him magically being charged less than 24 hours before he was formally introduced by the organization

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:00 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

I get that.

I’d still love to know the absolute truth behind him magically being charged less than 24 hours before he was formally introduced by the organization

You said it earlier, someone with an axe to grind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow. Arizona is tough. I didn't know a state had a right to get a warrant to take your blood. What if you resist the shot? Do they hold you down to stick the needle in you?

I know in Illinois, probably most states, you can refuse the breathalyzer or the other tests they give you, and they just simply arrest you at that point. Right?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:51 pm 

no. blood draw is everywhere

refuse the warrant and you have a contempt case against you as well. You can also be prosecuted for impaired driving without the breathalyzer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm 

Sox named him when they did because they knew the dui charge would eventually get out.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:30 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
no. blood draw is everywhere

refuse the warrant and you have a contempt case against you as well. You can also be prosecuted for impaired driving without the breathalyzer.

Being able to compel a blood draw is county by county. At least it was in 2019

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
Powerline's reident conservative NeverTrumper weighs in.

Basically, leave Tony alone. Sox'll be fine.

IS TONY LA RUSSA WOKE ENOUGH TO MANAGE THE WHITE SOX?
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... te-sox.php

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Pretty sweet legal deal for LaRussa.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Peoria Matt wrote:

I guess he wasn't drunk after all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I guess he wasn't drunk after all.

vindication !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I get what they mean but "he will have no safety net" is a weird thing to write about a guy you went out of your way to hire.