It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How was Rodon NOT the AL pitcher of the month for April? He was 4-0, 0.72 ERA, 36 K, 0.64 WHIP

They give it Gerrit Cole, 4-1, 1.43 ERA, 0.77 WHIP, but I guess because he struck out 62 guys he gets it. Fuck New York

No hitter > a bunch of strikeouts

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
5-0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
He's lowered his career era to 3.94 with his performance this season. I could have sworn it was in the mid 4.00's when this season started.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
His stuff is sick, he will finish the season with an ERA around 3.25.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
We will see how he and other pitchers are affected if MLB cracks down on pitching substances.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 pm 

Rodon did not have his best control, but man did he just pitch his nuts off there. Got himself into some jams, but he worked out of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ya that was pure grit. Old Rodon would have given up 3+ runs and not made it out of the 4th.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ya that was pure grit. Old Rodon would have given up 3+ runs and not made it out of the 4th.

Rodon's postgame comments seem to imply old Rodon would have done even worse:

“I’ve had games like that when I’m out in the second inning with nine runs, and I’m hitting the showers."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:50 pm 

the game is much easier when you don't walk batters

let them hit. They will get themselves out most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
the game is much easier when you don't walk batters

let them hit. They will get themselves out most of the time.

RIP Nardi Contreras, the fucking bum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
"If Rob Manfred can look himself in the mirror and say, 'Hey I'm doing the right thing,' that's fine," White Sox starter Carlos Rodon said. "But if you can't suspend the team that you actually knew was cheating during a playoff game, that's on you."

He's 100% right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
"If Rob Manfred can look himself in the mirror and say, 'Hey I'm doing the right thing,' that's fine," White Sox starter Carlos Rodon said. "But if you can't suspend the team that you actually knew was cheating during a playoff game, that's on you."

He's 100% right.

We'll see if his numbers come back down to earth with this substances crackdown.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don't you have to take away Rosin from the game in order to not have sticky substances?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Don't you have to take away Rosin from the game in order to not have sticky substances?

Sticky isn't really the issue. It's closer to glue than sticky that's the issue.
And rosin is fairly useless in the cold. You're talking April, May, and the last half of September in many places. This is the original reason for allowing other stuff in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 pm 

Danny giving the Sox the start they would be getting in the 10th without a dumb extra inning rule :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 pm 

dipshit ump took the bat out of Vaughn's hands

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
dipshit ump took the bat out of Vaughn's hands

He didn't help Anderson either.

Tampa's pitchers don't need any help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am 

He is going to get a big contract this off-season and I hope it's the White Sox giving it to him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
He is going to get a big contract this off-season and I hope it's the White Sox giving it to him

We need Jerry to die in order for that to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I respectfully disagree. First, let's see if he can make it to Julie. Then August. Then September. Then October.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am 

Still going, most of you thought he'd be done by now. Instead he just made his last start of the 1st half and is on to the All-Star Game. I said he would have a 2005 Jon Garland like season and thus far that's what is happening. Garland made the 2005 All Star Game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:13 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Still going, most of you thought he'd be done by now. Instead he just made his last start of the 1st half and is on to the All-Star Game. I said he would have a 2005 Jon Garland like season and thus far that's what is happening. Garland made the 2005 All Star Game.

Hell yes, I'm scared to death his arm is going to fall off at any given moment. I don't want him any where near the All Star game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Hell yes, I'm scared to death his arm is going to fall off at any given moment. I don't want him any where near the All Star game.
He might start the AS game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He might start the AS game.

I know. Carlos Rodon is pitching in an exhibition game. I'd rather he not and get an extra 3 days off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

I get it and maybe I'm being sappy, but he deserves to be out there on the mound with all of baseball's eyes on him. I'm not sure there is another pitcher in MLB more deserving given Rodon's history. He would have a bullpen session between starts anyway. Let throw 35 pitches max and cover 5-6 outs for the AL, then he can still pitch the final game of the Astros series back at home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:37 am 

Not a bigger fan than me. I called him an ace years ago. I disagree that years ago he couldn't get out of jams. When he was rolling, going every 5th day for a month, he was just as good as now. The only difference between then and now, is you don't have to worry about command if he misses a start. Katz fixed that with a slightly less butt swivel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
Coming along to save the White Sox season are a bunch of highly drafted guys who everyone wrote off as busts because they failed to be phenoms or rank highly on some top one hundred prospect list. Carlos Rodon, Gavin Sheets, Zack Collins, Jake Burger, Adam Engel...even Tim Anderson fell into this category once upon a time. Whatever they can squeeze out of these guys plus how far their pitching staff can take them is as far as this team is going to go.

I also think that's an enduring dynamic for next season and subsequent years. The durability problems with Eloy Jimenez and Luis Robert aren't going away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Great Northern wrote:
Coming along to save the White Sox season are a bunch of highly drafted guys who everyone wrote off as busts because they failed to be phenoms or rank highly on some top one hundred prospect list. Carlos Rodon, Gavin Sheets, Zack Collins, Jake Burger, Adam Engel...even Tim Anderson fell into this category once upon a time. Whatever they can squeeze out of these guys plus how far their pitching staff can take them is as far as this team is going to go.

I also think that's an enduring dynamic for next season and subsequent years. The durability problems with Eloy Jimenez and Luis Robert aren't going away.

Nobody doubted Rodon, he just couldn't stay healthy. Sheets is hitting .267 with 8 career hits. Collins is hitting .236 this year...204 for his career.. Burger has 6 career hits, hitting .363 so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The Great Northern wrote:

If Eloy is limited to DH like he should be....he will be more durable.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm 

Even if injuries weren't a concern, Eloy should be DH as Vaughn is simply a better fielder in that position

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next