It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Good on the White Sox for not playing stupid games as a certain other team has with their star prospect...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:21 am 

I hope their scouting on him is correct.

I'm skeptical about leaning on a rookie to hold down a middle of the order batting position in a season where expectations are so high.

He HAS to hit from the beginning and with no rookie troughs.

We've been burned so many times by this DH position

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I'm skeptical about leaning on a rookie to hold down a middle of the order batting position in a season where expectations are so high.

Yes he is a DH, but you can still bat him 7th to take the pressure off of him and have Eaton/Engel behind him in the order.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
If the Cubs didn't play "games" with Kris Bryant then he would have walked this offseason before they could trade him for "something" in return. I'm sorry the Sux are too stupid to understand how the CBA works.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
If the Cubs didn't play "games" with Kris Bryant then he would have walked this offseason before they could trade him for "something" in return. I'm sorry the Sux are too stupid to understand how the CBA works.

He probably would have re-signed with your guys on a team friendly deal already if you didn't fuck him. If you had then decided to still trade him, he would have even more value.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:29 am 

Time and time again, it's the established MLB players that "fuck" future prospects by throwing them under the bus in CBA negotiations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Isn’t this the year the Cubs screwed Kris Bryant for?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:32 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Pretty cool to have a "can't miss" prospect want nothing to do with resigning with you and you can trade him away as a one year rental to the Mets.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:32 am 

The year the Cubs held Bryant back, they were not expected to win anything of significance so it's a completely different situation. If 6 weeks of Andrew Vaughn means the difference in the White Sox winning the 3rd place in the AL Central trophy, then I guess it was all worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:37 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He probably would have re-signed with your guys on a team friendly deal already if you didn't fuck him. If you had then decided to still trade him, he would have even more value.

Boras client. No Chance.

You already forget the long term deals Eloy and Robert had to sign to be brought up? Deals which will grossly underpay them if they end up being good.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am 

Start of what should be the best year for the Sox in quite a while and Oogie cannot get the Cubs off his mind. Sounds about right

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Start of what should be the best year for the Sox in quite a while and Oogie cannot get the Cubs off his mind. Sounds about right
Caller Bob and conns have MANY posts in the Sox section. In fact, conns has started more threads in this section than any other over the years.

Cubs Sox hate/trolling is a two way street as much as MANY try to deny that fact.

Also, agree with earlier posts that Vaughn can bat 6th/7th and still be a force in the lineup.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:35 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob and conns have MANY posts in the Sox section. In fact, conns has started more threads in this section than any other over the years.

Cubs Sox hate/trolling is a two way street as much as MANY try to deny that fact.

Also, agree with earlier posts that Vaughn can bat 6th/7th and still be a force in the lineup.

I never said it wasn't a 2 way street. That doesn't change what I said.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:19 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The year the Cubs held Bryant back, they were not expected to win anything of significance so it's a completely different situation. If 6 weeks of Andrew Vaughn means the difference in the White Sox winning the 3rd place in the AL Central trophy, then I guess it was all worth it.

What did you piss off Bryant for? To keep him an extra year, which is one in which the Flubs will struggle to reach .500 and get nothing of value in return for him at the deadline?

Meanwhile the Sox made a really good move here with Vaughn as it's likely the CBA will be changed in a manner that is more in favor of the players when it comes to this service time rule. They'll be able to say they right by him and keep him happy as he sets off the scoreboard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:19 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Schadenfreude is fun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:47 pm 

we can stop the side conversations...word is an extension was signed before his opening day roster status was announced

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

I'm looking at anyone is better than Encarnacion was last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:

Abreu, Eloy, and Grandal can all pick up AB's at DH. They have plenty of good fall back options if he's shaky. That's why I'm happy they didn't waste money on some middle of the road DH.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:06 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What did you piss off Bryant for?.

He's a "DaddyBall" kid matched with Scott Boras. He was going to be pissed no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:52 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What did you piss off Bryant for? To keep him an extra year, which is one in which the Flubs will struggle to reach .500 and get nothing of value in return for him at the deadline?

Meanwhile the Sox made a really good move here with Vaughn as it's likely the CBA will be changed in a manner that is more in favor of the players when it comes to this service time rule. They'll be able to say they right by him and keep him happy as he sets off the scoreboard.

Andrew Vaughn hasn't been setting off the scoreboard much in 2023, he does make a nice bodyguard for TA though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:11 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Andrew Vaughn hasn't been setting off the scoreboard much in 2023, he does make a nice bodyguard for TA though.

Maybe he meant, "sets off the scoreboard" as he is the guy who sets off the fireworks when the other team scores. Cheap Jerry probably has Moncada wash the jock straps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Check out Vaughn setting the scoreboard off :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Check out Vaughn setting the scoreboard off :lol: :lol:

:lol:
At this point what does it matter?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

And you care because?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
And you care because?

I don't. That's why I asked why you did.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
He's better than Abreu. Chalk one up for Rick Hahn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Vaughn isn't the reason or a reason why the Whites Sox are so shitty. It is a front office that was so stupid in its thinking about what they needed to do to build a winning team. Cornering the market on single purpose DH/1b'S ain't the way you do it. They already had Abreau and drafted Burger. Why draft Vaughn and Sheets?

Then you could ask what dumb talent guys do you have that can project Latin American talent? Other that Robert, hahn made a lot of bad decisions on the Cuban and Latin guys. Including the lack of work ethic of these people. Who is responsible for the hiring of the the guys who coach/manage in the dugout anyway, Daffy Duck? It was clear to me for years that there was a clear stupidity in place for their baseball management decisions. AJ and others knew it. It was obvious that other than Abreu handling the prima donna Latin guys, that the entire dugout was a bunch of cliques that needed a tough guy in the dugout. Instead Anderson wanted to be a leader but didn't know how. THE BEST POSSIBILITIES OF tough guys to help "splain" things to others were PITCHERS and that really doesn't work very well with position people other than maybe guys like Nolan Ryan or Don Drysdale?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I never wanted the Cubs to resign Bryant( soft pussy) Baez, Rizzo. They were fortunate that all three turned down offers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Vaughn was better last year and and this year, who knows. Jose is having his usual April so it kinda looks like a tie so far