It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Twins @Sox
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Does anybody believe there are groups of fans mocking a rival team over a perceived lack of depth? Seems like a made up premise.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
That’s odd. I guess when one team was so significantly better than the rest of the division on paper they have to cling to something but damn

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
WFR thought the Sox, who have by far the best starters ERA in baseball, lack starting pitching depth.

Wanting the team to spend more on veteran pitching is really a cardinal sin of being a fan isn't it?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am 

The Sox were really deep at the start of the season.

They were sitting there with 6-7 starting pitchers, what was considered the best bullpen in the division at the time, 4 starting level OF and an experienced super sub to back up a good IF. The only question mark was backup catcher, which was being filled by a first round pick.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

They were sitting there with 6-7 starting pitchers, what was considered the best bullpen in the division at the time, 4 starting level OF and an experienced super sub to back up a good IF. The only question mark was backup catcher, which was being filled by a first round pick.

I would say that Rodon, Cease and Kopech were all question marks before the season. They've had a great month, but I am worried about Rodon holding up over a season. Kopech is also on an innings limit. I didn't know that he was going to be used as a starter out of the bullpen either.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:12 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I would say that Rodon, Cease and Kopech were all question marks before the season. They've had a great month, but I am worried about Rodon holding up over a season. Kopech is also on an innings limit. I didn't know that he was going to be used as a starter out of the bullpen either.

Sure they were question marks in terms of the quality of their product but all were legit MLB level starting pitchers. You could question Rodon's health, but he'd made over 90 MLB starts

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sure they were question marks in terms of the quality of their product but all were legit MLB level starting pitchers. You could question Rodon's health, but he'd made over 90 MLB starts

Rodon has had TJS, shoulder surgery, and pitched a total of 42 innings the past 2 seasons. He likely won't last a full season due to his lack of innings pitched the past 2 years. You'd be crazy if you didn't question his health.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Derplington wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Rodon has had TJS, shoulder surgery, and pitched a total of 42 innings the past 2 seasons. He likely won't last a full season due to his lack of innings pitched the past 2 years. You'd be crazy if you didn't question his health.

I think we are asking out of him, is get us to the all star break. At which time, Kopech would take over. Now if it half way there, either Kopech starts earlier or Lopez can get us the rest of the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6