It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: All Stars
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Three of the four guys in that pic are not All Stars this year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
All Star

Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:07 am 

Australians are less cultured Americans who retained a basterdized version of the English accent. You have to expect that from them

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

All he said was "God dammit". No big deal. Christ. Not even against FCC rules.

I heard Spiegel and Parkins say FOX might be fined for that. Ummm, no. It's not the 7 dirty words.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
good dolphin wrote:
Australians are less cultured Americans who retained a basterdized version of the English accent. You have to expect that from them

Lots of people, including the English, think its closer to an American accent than received pronunciation. I tend to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
You call your mates Caller Bobs and your Caller Bobs mates.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Aussies call their friends c-unts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 am 

The Great Northern wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Lots of people, including the English, think its closer to an American accent than received pronunciation. I tend to agree.

well, those people are incorrect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:08 am 

McCareins_Fan wrote:
Aussies call their friends c-unts.

It's cultural. Why do people want to eliminate his joy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
The Chicago White Sox had four All-Stars make the trip to Denver for the annual Midsummer classic. Of the four players, only three of them got to play in the game and Tim Anderson was the only American League position player not to get an at-bat in the game.

Lance Lynn entered the game in the second inning and threw a scoreless inning that included a strikeout. Liam Hendriks was given the ball in the ninth inning to lock down a 5-2 victory. He did just that and earned the save. Carlos Rodón opted not to pitch unless ‘absolutely necessary’ because he wanted to rest up and save his arm for the second half of the season.

“The only guy I’m sick to my stomach about is Tim Anderson,” Kevin Cash told reporters after the game. “He played two innings on defense and we left him stranded on deck.”

According to LaMond Pope when asked if he wished he would have gotten an at-bat, Anderson said: “for sure.” He then laughed and added “but it’s all good. Kevin, I’ll see him in Tampa, so I’ll take it out on him then.”
https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-w ... -in-tampa/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
CHICAGO – Chicago White Sox closer Liam Hendriks has been named the American League Reliever of the Month for September/October, his second honor of the season and fourth career.

Hendriks, 32, was 8-8 in save opportunities with 21 strikeouts and just six hits and zero walks allowed in 13.2 scoreless IP over 13 relief appearances in September/October. He recorded multiple strikeouts in seven games, made seven hitless appearances and did not allow more than one hit in any game. Hendriks recorded a 0.44 WHIP and .128 (6-47) opponents average during the month.

Hendriks went 8-3 with a 2.54 ERA (20 ER/71.0 IP), 38 saves (44 opportunities), 113 strikeouts (14.32 per 9.0 IP), a 0.73 WHIP, .174 (45-258) opponents average and just seven walks issued in 69 appearances this season, his first with the White Sox. He ranks among the AL relief leaders in strikeouts (1st), saves (1st), strikeout-to-walk ratio (1st, 16.14), WHIP (1st), opponents average (1st), opponents on-base percentage (1st, .199), opponents OPS (2nd, .517), strikeouts per 9.0 IP (3rd) and save percentage (5th, 86.4). Hendriks became just the fourth White Sox pitcher to lead the AL in saves, joining Bobby Thigpen (57 in 1990), Rich Gossage (26 in 1975) and Terry Forster (24 in 1974).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
CHICAGO – Chicago White Sox closer Liam Hendriks has been named the American League Reliever of the Month for September/October, his second honor of the season and fourth career.

Hendriks, 32, was 8-8 in save opportunities with 21 strikeouts and just six hits and zero walks allowed in 13.2 scoreless IP over 13 relief appearances in September/October. He recorded multiple strikeouts in seven games, made seven hitless appearances and did not allow more than one hit in any game. Hendriks recorded a 0.44 WHIP and .128 (6-47) opponents average during the month.

Hendriks went 8-3 with a 2.54 ERA (20 ER/71.0 IP), 38 saves (44 opportunities), 113 strikeouts (14.32 per 9.0 IP), a 0.73 WHIP, .174 (45-258) opponents average and just seven walks issued in 69 appearances this season, his first with the White Sox. He ranks among the AL relief leaders in strikeouts (1st), saves (1st), strikeout-to-walk ratio (1st, 16.14), WHIP (1st), opponents average (1st), opponents on-base percentage (1st, .199), opponents OPS (2nd, .517), strikeouts per 9.0 IP (3rd) and save percentage (5th, 86.4). Hendriks became just the fourth White Sox pitcher to lead the AL in saves, joining Bobby Thigpen (57 in 1990), Rich Gossage (26 in 1975) and Terry Forster (24 in 1974).

But he gave up some home runs early in the season so...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

He had a stretch in the middle of the year when he was just brutal. He has been lights out as of late though, and hopefully that continues all Postseason.