It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:30 pm 

You are full of shit, no one ever said that Kimbrel would cost Kopech or Vaugh :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
RFDC wrote:
You are full of shit, no one ever said that Kimbrel would cost Kopech or Vaugh :lol: :lol:

Maybe not Kopech, but Vaughn, Sheets, or Crochet were all names people threw out as what it would cost.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Cashman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
to you sox fans - can the wsox beat the astros, A's, Red Sox, Rays, Yankees in the playoffs? from what you've seen this year they can't beat winning teams.

Maybe with Kimbrel it gets them past round 1 - MAYBE - But watching this team I feel like they are still a year away from winning a pennant.

Playoffs are another animal.

that's right. but those teams I mentioned, other than this years Red Sox, are all playoff battle tested. Let's see what happens - it will be fun to watch. The AL playoffs are going to be great this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Juiced wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Good trade, Madrigal became expendable the minute the Sox got a better 2B yesterday who is signed through next year.

Hernandez is better than Madrigal straight up so I'm perfectly fine with trading him and Heuer didn't do the job this year.

Hahn is taking advantage of the Kim Foxx crime wave and just robbing the Cubs blind :lol:

10 Days ago.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't want Kimbrel. The minute that Flub piece of shit has to pitch in a meaningful game he will revert back to 2019 Kimbrel and meltdown. Guy is a head case and I don't fucking want him, not at the price the Flubs think he is worth.

We have a closer. We don't need to trade for one. Trade for someone who is setting up today for another team and that's the guy you want, he'll come at a cheaper price too.

:lol: White Sox fans have a short memory. Madrigal is a young, talented major league hitter. You need hitters like him in your lineup to keep it moving.

He's lovable. Perfect for Cub fans

Correct. Cubs going to market him like the stupid mascot they have. Have kids come up to him and try to tickle him and make him all cuddly like some teddy bear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
JFC stop posting and kill yourself.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:33 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
to you sox fans - can the wsox beat the astros, A's, Red Sox, Rays, Yankees in the playoffs? from what you've seen this year they can't beat winning teams.

Maybe with Kimbrel it gets them past round 1 - MAYBE - But watching this team I feel like they are still a year away from winning a pennant.

that's right. but those teams I mentioned, other than this years Red Sox, are all playoff battle tested. Let's see what happens - it will be fun to watch. The AL playoffs are going to be great this year.

Just about every Sox player has been to the playoffs before.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Sox can put Kimbrel on the market next year and have a line of suitors with a similar offer

Depends if he is 2021 Kimbrel or the Kimbrel of the last couple years. I would be nervous to have him come in to save a game in the playoffs.

I can't believe Hendriks is not the primary closer. They have to live with him for 3 more years and he clearly is an emotional guy

I would keep Hendriks as the closer. It is a nice problem to have. 2016 would have been a lot less stressful if we had more then just Chapmen in relief.

You never want to have an Edwards coming into the 6,7,8 innings looking like he just saw a ghost.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
JFC stop posting and kill yourself.

if you were talking to me i'll be gone after the trade deadline. you can continue to terrorize other posters here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:40 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

White Sox if healthy will make it to the World Series. Beating SD or LA will be tough. Not facing 2005 Astros this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mendick and Burr sent to Charlotte.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:54 pm 

Don't like getting players used to losing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mendick and Burr sent to Charlotte.

I really thought Mendick was going to shine with the extra playing time. He just solidified himself as a utility guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

A backup utility guy at that. He's behind Leury in that department.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:21 pm 

Leury is gone if he asks for any decent money as a FA.

It takes a while but when he plays a lot, he gets exposed, especially defensively. He has looked horrible both at 2B and RF this week.

I think Mendick becomes the cheap utility IF next year. They have a lot of money committed already

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Maybe not Kopech, but Vaughn, Sheets, or Crochet were all names people threw out as what it would cost.

I'd rather have Madrigal over Sheets

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:06 pm 

Juiced wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

White Sox if healthy will make it to the World Series. Beating SD or LA will be tough. Not facing 2005 Astros this time.

Sox got a good squad, Boston is getting Sale back and Tampa is tough as hell too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 pm 

312player wrote:
Juiced wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Sox got a good squad, Boston is getting Sale back and Tampa is tough as hell too.

and the Astros

no weak sisters in this year's playoff in either league (which is why the Cubs weren't in contention)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:10 pm 

Yes, your right, Houston is solid. Lot of good teams this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I said it to my friends, this years’ MLB playoffs is going to be fantastic, and the best teams got a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Madrigal has to hit over .300 to have any value, probably closer to .320.

And he would still be a defensive liability with a weak arm.

He was over drafted by the Sox. Cut your losses and move on like they did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He is probably Ryan Theriot as a comp. Five or six year starter, about 1-1.5 WAR per year on average.

If the Cubs get 6 WAR from Madrigal over 4 years, that is a reasonable return for a rental. And that assumes that Heuer is a total zero after this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
I dont like Craig Kimbrel at all.

That said I'm fine losing Nick Madrigal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
Sox have been trying to dump Nicky Two Strikes for over a year now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He is probably Ryan Theriot as a comp. Five or six year starter, about 1-1.5 WAR per year on average.

If the Cubs get 6 WAR from Madrigal over 4 years, that is a reasonable return for a rental. And that assumes that Heuer is a total zero after this year.

Come on now, he's a cut above Theriot. I think he's going to hit close to or above .300 for at least the remainder of his 20's. Also, he's not a defensive world beater, but I think he's going to stabilize as a plus defender at second. The Sox traded a guy who could have easily held down second for them for the next five years for a chance on Kimbrel. On balance I think it was worth it, but it is a really close call. If they get swept in the ALDS because they can't score any runs, the whole thing is going to look foolish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It was interesting hearing Stone basically say Madrigal would never amount to anything with the Sox. Always the company man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
It was interesting hearing Stone basically say Madrigal would never amount to anything with the Sox. Always the company man.

He's going to have a nice career with the Cub.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Theriot has always been a good comp for Madrigal.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=116456&hilit=Theriot+madrigal&start=30#p3175110

You really want to laugh? Look at what Cub fans thought about Almora in that thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I don't think he's going to be a Hall of Famer but his best three or four years will probably be good enough to lead off and play the middle infield on a championship team.

That works.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I don't think he's going to be a Hall of Famer but his best three or four years will probably be good enough to lead off and play the middle infield on a championship team.

That works.

Yeah. The best thing about him is how unique he is in an era where a typical guy strikes out 100+ times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hoerner and Madrigal can be the middle infield on a championship team. There's a lot of work to do elsewhere though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next